Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I want the squatter back!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stan Rogers

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squatters are easy to clean. Just spray them with the bathroom hose and you're done.

I like the squatter most the next morning after a night of draft beer. Cleans me right out.
drydell

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah boo to the squatters...

Hoorah to techno loos with lovely heated seats and squirty jets of warm water

If you're straining to go on a sit up toilet then eat more darn fibre..

people will romanticize any old crap these days..
CentralCali

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

young_clinton wrote:
Let's face it, squatloos are filthy, water all over the floor. As for your pants how do you keep them from dropping to the toilet or the wet filthy floor?

Both kinds of loo are filthy if the users are filthy. The key is to frequent places where people are not unable to hit a hole in the ground/bowl they're standing immediately in front of.

How do you keep your pants from hitting the floor? It's quite simple. You drop them to just above your knees.
thatkidpercy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralCali wrote:

How do you keep your pants from hitting the floor? It's quite simple. You drop them to just above your knees.

This is what people should be told at orientation sessions. Took me a few months to work this out, but it was a real life-changer when I twigged.
12ax7

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

young_clinton wrote:
Let's face it, squatloos are filthy, water all over the floor. As for your pants how do you keep them from dropping to the toilet or the wet filthy floor?

You don't have hands?
newb

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have both squatters and western toilet at the school. For some reason, students would climb on to the western toilets and squat to take a dump. While in the process, they'd miss the hole and leave their marks all over the toilet seat. Squatters are much cleaner than western toilets at our school and this is one the reason that I prefer squatters.
CentralCali

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

young_clinton wrote:
CentralCali wrote:
young_clinton wrote:

Both kinds of loo are filthy if the users are filthy. The key is to frequent places where people are not unable to hit a hole in the ground/bowl they're standing immediately in front of.

Why CentralCali that almost sounds to me like a statement a troll would make. As for the toilets it's pretty obvious that Western toilets are cleaner than squat toilets which is why at least in Thailand they are gradually shifting to Western toilets.

With your personal targeting, superficial use of word parts, and reasoning and feelings of superiority I feel sorry for your students and the people you work with.

What are you on about?
fermentation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squatting is a more natural position for the human body to be in. It is healthier and alleviates constipation for those who have it. It's uncomfortable for those who aren't used to it though. Modern comforts have weakened our bodies to the point we can't even shit naturally.
No_hite_pls

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fermentation wrote:
Squatting is a more natural position for the human body to be in. It is healthier and alleviates constipation for those who have it. It's uncomfortable for those who aren't used to it though. Modern comforts have weakened our bodies to the point we can't even shit naturally.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Go live the jungle then and see how long you'll live. Modern comforts have extended life spans immensely. BTW another thing, sitting on the floor in Korea is not fun or healthy.

I am glad that in my home country we don't have to go out to the out houses anymore. Those things were dirty just like squatters. I love modern comforts and life expectancy of near 80 years old. Before all the modern (western) comforts came to Korea, Koreans were lucky to live to be 40.
Squire

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come to my school. I haven't seen a single regular toilet, all we have are squatters. The down side is the huge piles of stinking feces that regularly miss the hole and sit there, smelling awful, until somebody cleans it up. I wonder what the school cleaner thinks of squat toilets? The kids certainly aren't very good at using them

I'm pretty indifferent but they don't seem very practical in an elementary school
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: