Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sexual Economics, Culture, Men, and Modern Sexual Trends
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rollo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well not too worried that a person trying to create a sensation , charging 'sexism" over some word play amongst men. Just too much thinking going on.

There is such a gap in thinking and biology between men and women.

What i do not like is the increasing percption that if a man has a sex drive, and seeks or talks about sex it is wrong or criminal.

Ameran feminist whether right or wrong ten to be obnoxiooux. My last date with an American woman almost the first words out of her mouth were" I am a feminist' which meant that it was not a date but a test to see if I could pass a political litmus test. I told her after about 15 minutes in the restaraunt that I had an emergency shampoo scheduled and left. I just wanted a night of conversation and get to know som one instead of worrying about not toeing the party line.

Not anti-feminist just against those who are so full of them selves.
Titus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://mangans.blogspot.com/2013/04/sign-of-apocalypse.html

I am linking to the blog I found this on and not the story link inside the blog so that none of you end up opening a nsfw link.

Quote:
A group of naked women bum-rushed Belgian Archbishop Andre-Joseph Leonard while he was speaking in Brussels and doused him with water from bottles shaped like the Virgin Mary on Tuesday.

The women were reportedly feminist protesters from the Ukranian-based FEMEN group, which is known for organizing topless protests against the Catholic Church and others.

According to AFP, the four protesters charged the archbishop during �a debate on blasphemy and freedom of expression held at the Brussels� Free University (ULB) campus Tuesday evening, baring their breasts and squirting water at Archbishop Andre Leonard as they accused him of homophobia.�

Photos of the event show Leonard patiently sitting quietly with his eyes closed and hands folded in prayer as the women empty bottles of water on his head and clothes.

Women will behave like this only as long as men allow it.
Titus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rollo wrote:

What i do not like is the increasing perception that if a man has a sex drive, and seeks or talks about sex it is wrong or criminal.

Right. Ugly women want control over the sexual marketplace. This is why we see "thin privilege", "fat pride" and masculine shaming/criminalizing. I remember a morbidly obese and disgusting women who taught women studies (a mandatory class for all arts students) and she'd go on and on and on and on about anorexia, as if that is the eating disorder plauging the North American female. Women are inherently egalitarian and at the same time roaring balls of uninhibited egos. They all believe they are entitled to Brad Pitt. They fundamentally believe it. The reason they can't get him is because of "society" etc.

This is the feminine unrestrained from male domination.
Titus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2013/04/26/ontario_schools_will_offer_gender_studies_thanks_to_five_young_women_porter.html

Quote:
Ontario schools will offer gender studies, thanks to five young women: Porter

Five university students launched Miss G Project eight years ago to get gender studies into high schools. It�s finally happening.

Reading, Writing and propaganda about how women can do arithmetic as good as boys and the patriarchy keeps them out of NASA and also stuff about anorexia and sexism too.

Quote:
How might Rehtaeh Parsons� life been different had her school offered a gender studies course?

�Instead of talking about what the girl did and how �she had this coming to her,� the focus might have been on �how these guys go through life not knowing about consent?� � says Lara Shkordoff.

�It would have provided a safe space for students to talk about these things,� says Sarah Ghabrial.

These girls are crazy. In their world teachers are teaching that rape victims deserve it.

Then stuff about "safe space". A "safe space" is a place where the female ego is protected from words.

Public schools!

Rehtaeh Parsons is a girl who recently hung herself after pictures were sent around her school of her having sex. She claimed the sex was gang-rape, though the police did not believe a case could be made. I don't know enough about it other than Rehtaeh Parsons is to Canadian feminism as Trayvon Martin is to American race-hucksterism.
Titus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/24/oatmeals-ny-fatshaming-sign-removed-twitter-complaint_n_3146847.html

Quote:
The last thing we want while walking down the street is to be shamed for our breakfast choices.
Fox

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titus wrote:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/24/oatmeals-ny-fatshaming-sign-removed-twitter-complaint_n_3146847.html

Quote:
The last thing we want while walking down the street is to be shamed for our breakfast choices.

When I saw that sign in the link, my first thought was, "What a coincidence, I had both a bagel with cream cheese and oatmeal for breakfast this morning." When twitter chick sees it, her first thought is, "I'm being shamed!" Clearly, my ability to acknowledge reality without experiencing an existential crisis marks me as the beneficiary of patriarchal privilege.
Unposter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to admit that I found the article about "gender studies" at Canadian public schools, assuming the article is an accurate description, disturbing. I am not sure I would be happy if that was the public school I sent my kids.

But, I do want to make a comment about the sexual market place, which I do think exists.

So, what if a woman wants/is waiting for a "Brad Pitt?" That is her choice. She should have that freedom whether anyone thinks she can connect with a "Brad Pitt" or not. To say anything less is to restrict her freedom. And, I think that is not a good idea.

Maybe, as her friend, you might want to advise your friend but as a concept that if you are worried that women (in general) have unreasonable expectations is an attack on the concept that women can have their own expectations and hence freedom.

And, I would like to add, I understand where you are coming from. I have met women like that. Personally, I think it is sad. But, I tend to also think it is her right to think that way.

A person should have the right to make their own choices.
rollo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point and very true, unposter. But I also have the right to think they have taken to heart some silly messages promoted by silly people. I find this sad and blame media and educators for the silliness.

I mean what we had was some lighthearted word play by some nerds, that apparently triggered some massive anguish in this woman. Does anyone really believe that she was that aggrieved?

I mean we joke and use rude language about sex and sexuality because it is confusing, intimate and makes us feel vulnerable.

Thats human and not a crime. Orwell was a prophet!
Titus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
A person should have the right to make their own choices.

A profound statement. Yes. Amen.
wishfullthinkng

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titus wrote:

Quote:

the person who wrote this and the girl who complained both need to be sent to a deserted island that only has oatmeal to eat.

that's pathetic to complain about food facts.
The Cosmic Hum

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fox wrote:
Titus wrote:

Quote:

When I saw that sign in the link, my first thought was, "What a coincidence, I had both a bagel with cream cheese and oatmeal for breakfast this morning." When twitter chick sees it, her first thought is, "I'm being shamed!" Clearly, my ability to acknowledge reality without experiencing an existential crisis marks me as the beneficiary of patriarchal privilege.

Your use of prose to describe your thought patterns is commendable...truly.
While I don't agree with some of your thoughts, I enjoy the way you frame them.
Titus

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://heartiste.wordpress.com/2013/05/01/another-whackjob-feminist-hate-crime-hoax/

Quote:
Looks like we have another case of an ugly feminist engaging in some psychological projection through the medium of a hate crime hoax.

According to Wyoming�s Star-Tribune, on the non-university affiliated Facebook page UW Crushes, which has since been shut down, a post appeared last week that read:

�I want to hatef� Meg Lanker- so hard,� the Facebook post said. �That chick that runs her liberal mouth all the time and doesn�t care who knows it. I think its hot and it makes me angry. One night with me and shes gonna be a good Republican b�-.�

This controversial post Meg Lanker-Simons reported the post to university administrators and campus police, telling the Laramie Boomerang that as a rape survivor this is �one of the worst things someone can threaten.�

On Tuesday, though, it was revealed by University of Wyoming Police Department that they had cited Lanker-Simons herself for the threatening post. In a separate article, the Laramie Boomerang reported police obtained a warrant to search the student�s computer and found substantial evidence verifying that the offending Facebook post came from Lanker-Simons� computer, while the computer was in her possession.�

B U S T E D.

Here's her picture:

http://3acef472ce67bde310cf-07f910c1d0e2016536f5b25f3d4975da.r62.cf1.rackcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Meg_Lanker_Simons_Wyoming_Arrested_Hoax_Rape.jpg

xxx

I've been following these fake hate crimes since the Duke fiasco. I can not think of a single one (and there have been dozens) that was perpetrated by a male.

xxx

http://billingsgazette.com/news/state-and-regional/wyoming/university-of-wyoming-police-rape-threat-came-from-alleged-target/article_ac22ee88-1be3-523a-ac5a-fc1ffbab2faf.html
Quote:

The police obtained a search warrant to search Lanker-Simons� computer and found �substantial evidence� the threat was created on her computer while it was in her possession, according to a media release from the university.

This episode has sparked an important discussion reaffirming that the UW community has no tolerance for sexual violence or violence of any type,� UW spokesman Chad Baldwin said in the release. �The fact that the Facebook post apparently was a fabrication does not change the necessity for continued vigilance in assuring that we have a campus where everyone feels safe.�

The police allegations caught a lot of people off guard, said Megan Selheim, the Stop the Violence Program Coordinator at UW. Selheim said she worked with Lanker-Simons last week because university officials were unsure whether the student was in danger. Selheim said fabrications can sometimes affect how people who are truly in danger seek help.

�When something like this happens and when it seems like a threat, it may not be everything we thought it was, it can sometimes reinforce misinterpretations that people have in how common violence is,� Selheim said.

Never let a good hoax go to waste. I'm surprised nobody said it was a teachable moment.
Titus

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man compliments woman. Woman says compliment was "humiliating". Woman writes article. Guardian publishes.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/may/02/dont-want-to-hear-sexy-running
Quote:
Fortunately, my neighbours must have sensed my self-consciousness and come out to defuse it, because here was the man from the corner off-licence, standing in his doorway and shouting: "You look great!" And here was a man waiting for a bus, hollering: "Keep it up, love!"

Cheered by such support, I churned out several more laps and entered the next available half marathon. Except � oh, haha, no I didn't. I stumbled home miserably, scorching with humiliation, feeling like a tubby gobbet of flesh bound in elastic fibres.

How in the world does that pass the editorial process?

http://www.businessinsider.com/abercrombie-wants-thin-customers-2013-5

Quote:
Teen retailer Abercrombie & Fitch doesn't stock XL or XXL sizes in women's clothing because they don't want overweight women wearing their brand.

They want the "cool kids," and they don't consider plus-sized women as being a part of that group.

Abercrombie is sticking to its guns of conventional beauty, even as that standard becomes outdated.

"Conventional beauty", "outdated". American women are almost universally fat so they demand that beauty is now fat, because, you know, we're only attracted to healthy-looking people because society and sexism (not because looking healthy communicates healthy genes for reproduction) and sexism too.

http://i.imgur.com/Pg6pfd8.png

I don't think I've ever come across an argument that fat men are the new handsome.
Nowhere Man

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 9:11 am    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

Wow.

You have like 7 threads where you grapple with yourself over the issue.

In some cases, you initiate arguments with people who haven't posted here in years.

In all of these, I'm still not sure how it's going to turn out!

Keep it up.
Mix1

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rollo wrote:

What i do not like is the increasing percption that if a man has a sex drive, and seeks or talks about sex it is wrong or criminal.

Ameran feminist whether right or wrong ten to be obnoxiooux. My last date with an American woman almost the first words out of her mouth were" I am a feminist' which meant that it was not a date but a test to see if I could pass a political litmus test. I told her after about 15 minutes in the restaraunt that I had an emergency shampoo scheduled and left.

Next time, just nod a bit and keep her drinking alcohol while turning up the flirtation. Get HER talking about sex. Get HER to initiate something physical, and then flip the script and tell her: "What? Do you think me a mindless piece of meat? Female chauvinist!" Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: