Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Private, Hagwon, or Both?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jspark

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:45 am    Post subject: Private, Hagwon, or Both? Reply with quote

I'm currently living in Korea with an F-4 visa and I've been privately tutoring 4 students for the past month and a half (30-40k per hour). It's been great so far, but i'm not sure if I should seek out something more stable or continue teaching privately (add more students). I've talked to a manager of a hagwon and he threw out some numbers and I was wondering if they were good, bad, normal?

The job: M-F, 9am-6pm, 1 hour break = 2.7mil a month without housing and 2.3mil with housing. That's about 17,000 per hour and 14,375 respectively.

I was also entertaining the idea of looking for a part-time hagwon job, that way I could do both. Any advice would be great, thanks!
staygold

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, those are pretty average numbers.

Full-time hagwon vs. Part-time hagwon & private tutoring - I would do the latter, assuming you'd earn more. Or you could try 2 or more part-time gigs. It depends on how everything adds up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: