Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Taxi fare from Bundang to different parts of Seoul

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
proverbs

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Taxi fare from Bundang to different parts of Seoul Reply with quote

Well, I'll be moving to Bundang (Sunae) next month and was wondering what the damage will be for late night taxi rides from different parts of Seoul.

4-5 times a month, I'll be hanging out late in Gangnam, Itaewon, Hongdae, Dongdaemun, etc.

Can anyone give a solid price range of what the cab fare would come out to from these places?

Thanks!
andrewchon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since that is an inter-city fare and sounds like you'd want it around the change over time, it'll have to be a contract hire. Best to ring up taxi companies in the departure area. I doubt any taxi driver from destination area (Bundang) would come all the way Seoul to pick up an iffy fare.
ttompatz

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Taxi fare from Bundang to different parts of Seoul Reply with quote

proverbs wrote:
Well, I'll be moving to Bundang (Sunae) next month and was wondering what the damage will be for late night taxi rides from different parts of Seoul.

4-5 times a month, I'll be hanging out late in Gangnam, Itaewon, Hongdae, Dongdaemun, etc.

Can anyone give a solid price range of what the cab fare would come out to from these places?

Thanks!

30 to 50k... make your best deal or wait till 5 and catch the bus.

Gnawbert

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Taxi fare from Bundang to different parts of Seoul Reply with quote

ttompatz wrote:
proverbs wrote:

Thanks!

30 to 50k... make your best deal or wait till 5 and catch the bus.

Yep, that's about what I've paid over the past few years. Most taxi drivers start at 50k and you'll have to work your way down. 30k is a little uncommon, and 40k seems to be the norm from Hongdae and Itaewon. Gangnam can be all over the board.

Surprisingly, I've had a few drivers prefer to do the meter this past year or so, which still comes out to something in the high thirties to low forties.
NQ

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The prices you guys are quoting is kinda high, unless maybe you're talking about the total amount of money per month , 4-5 times from those areas. But then it's too low.

From Itaewon to Bundang, it's from 20,000 to 25,000 won. Maybe slightly higher but never 30,000.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: