Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Francesco Choi in Daegu

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gelynch52ph

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:14 am    Post subject: Francesco Choi in Daegu Reply with quote

Some years back I worked at a hagwan in Daegu owned by a Francesco Choi. My experience there was wholly unsatisfactory and cost me a couple thousand dollars. I believe the guy hired me to fill in for a month until the other person he had hired completed college and was able to arrive in Korea. Teachers were paid by the minute and for the 40 minute classes, but not paid for the 5 minutes between classes during which we had to try to find the book the last teacher used. After a month he went off on a holiday on a Friday, payday and told the desk help to pay me and have me vacate the apartment that evening. My pay was minus the airfare and W100K for cleaning the apartment and somewhere around W50K for electric so when I left his employ I was more than $1000 in arrears than when I arrived.

That experience was my worst in Korea, but I'm not really revisiting that issue, but I'm wondering if anyone knows this guy and the name of his school so I can fill in a blank place on my employment history?
young_clinton

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if this is helpful, maybe, maybe not. If what you say about being used is true, contact the new teacher and see if he was already considered by the school prior to you being hired by the school. If he was, take this guy to court in Korea; that is if you are still in Korea.
gelynch52ph

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Not still in Korea Reply with quote

young_clinton wrote:
I don't know if this is helpful, maybe, maybe not. If what you say about being used is true, contact the new teacher and see if he was already considered by the school prior to you being hired by the school. If he was, take this guy to court in Korea; that is if you are still in Korea.

I appreciate the advice, but I last left Korea in 2008 and this situation with that place in Daegu happened in 2004 I believe.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: