Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New English language CrossFit gym in Daechi-dong

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ruthdes

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:52 am    Post subject: New English language CrossFit gym in Daechi-dong Reply with quote

This is an FYI for the people living in or near Daechi-dong. A new CrossFit gym just opened up at Daechi Sageori. Its instructors all speak English and it's associated with the popular one in Hannam-dong. I joined up last week as it's something I've been wanting to do for a while but always lived too far away from the existing gyms. Here's their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/SentinelUptown?fref=ts
AbbeFaria

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does crossfit differ from a standard gym? I just moved to Daechi-dong so this could be good.
warmachinenkorea

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AbbeFaria wrote:
How does crossfit differ from a standard gym? I just moved to Daechi-dong so this could be good.

The one in Hannam-dong is expensive. I'm assuming this one is too.
AbbeFaria

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

warmachinenkorea wrote:
AbbeFaria wrote:

The one in Hannam-dong is expensive. I'm assuming this one is too.

More than 100k a month? But my question was more centered around what Crossfit is as opposed to just a standard workout session. For example, a little cardio and some resistance training.
Ruthdes

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, substantially more than 100K a month. Right now they don't have many members so it's almost like personal training. They bill themselves as in between personal training and a regular gym, therefore the price is in between.

As for how it's different to a regular gym. There are classes instead of training individually. They're relatively short and high impact. The main part of your workout may only be 15-20 minutes, but damn, it's intense. There's a decent amount of input from the trainers. It's definitely not for everyone, and yes, it's expensive, but personally I'd gotten to a point where I needed (and still need) to invest in my body and health, so I'm giving it a try.

More info about CrossFit http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CrossFit

For the record, I have no investment in this gym other than wanting them to get enough members to stay open.
AbbeFaria

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could use the one-on-one attention but substantially more than 100k a month is not really worth it. I'll have to content myself with standard workouts at that price.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: