Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

guns
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jyang486

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Small country but a decent sized population. About 1/6th of the States.
slothrop

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

edit

Last edited by slothrop on Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
12ax7

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Died By Bear wrote:
I've got an assault rife (M4 w/eotech scope), and a gen 4 G19. Come and take them.

my m4

We are also military and both have good educations, vote democrat. We also have two rifles for competition matches, and wife qualified as an expert marksman two months ago, regularly scores 300 on her PT tests.

She also got this two weeks ago. She loves competition.

Battallion coin

While you drunks waste your lives away in smokey bars complaining about your shitty lives and being under-appreciated English teachers, we hone our skills, travel and train.

Battalion coin 2

In reference to a previous comment I made...You must admit that you and your wife are not typical civilians. As long as you store your rifles safely, I have no problem with you owning them since you were properly trained (most civilian weapons handling courses are BS as far as I'm concerned) and use them for competitive shooting. I still think that stricter laws should be made in the US to restrict possession, though, and that the typical civilian has no use for a semi-automatic rifle or a handgun.

PS. Battalion coins? Congrats! I love 'em. I've earned four of my own, two American and two Canadian. They are some of my most prized possessions. I particularly like my Canadian 1st Division coin. It's a thing of beauty.
everything-is-everything

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Died By Bear wrote:
I've got an assault rife (M4 w/eotech scope), and a gen 4 G19. Come and take them.

my m4

We are also military and both have good educations, vote democrat. We also have two rifles for competition matches, and wife qualified as an expert marksman two months ago, regularly scores 300 on her PT tests.

She also got this two weeks ago. She loves competition.

Battallion coin

You must have a really small johnson.

While you drunks waste your lives away in smokey bars complaining about your shitty lives and being under-appreciated English teachers, we hone our skills, travel and train.

Battalion coin 2
mayorgc

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

12ax7 wrote:
highstreet wrote:
I own a few guns, while I'm in favor of some gun control, I don't see it making a big difference in regards to the murder rate.

Cognitive dissonance? 170 murders committed with firearms in Canada per year vs. 9100 per year in the US. Heck, 14 per year in South Korea (mostly soldiers, no doubt).

While I agree with almost everything you say, I'm pretty sure that if you implement gun control laws in the u.s today, December 16, 2012, there would be almost zero effect on these types of rampages.

You need a time machine to really fix things.
fermentation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love guns. Obviously fired some. Hope to own some in the future.
madoka

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Died By Bear wrote:
I've got an assault rife (M4 w/eotech scope), and a gen 4 G19.

Very nice looking weapon. It's an M4 and not a AR-15? What version Eotech do you have on it and do you like it?
schwa

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose I'm a radical pacifist insofar as I would never, under any circumstances, shoot somebody, or otherwise inflict violent harm. (Dont bother with the what ifs.) Thats just me & a deeply held principal.

I started this thread & I'm not surprised it brought out some gun enthusiasts. A question I asked earlier has gone unanswered. Quoting myself & re-asking:

"I assume some of the gun-heads who posted above live in Korea now & had to leave their weapons at home. Has your quality of life diminished as a result?"

Last edited by schwa on Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:12 am; edited 1 time in total
fermentation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you can say that about a lot of things. Why collect anything then? Why do anything other than work, eat and sleep? Why waste time posting on a forum? Have you no real people to talk to? Any hobby or activity can be misconstrued as "childish" or meaningless.

You're also generalizing quite a bit about gun owners. Not everybody has a itchy trigger finger just waiting to blast a potential burglar.
Captain Corea

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fermentation wrote:
Well you can say that about a lot of things. Why collect anything then? Why do anything other than work, eat and sleep? Why waste time posting on a forum? Have you no real people to talk to? Any hobby or activity can be misconstrued as "childish" or meaningless.

You're also generalizing quite a bit about gun owners. Not everybody has a itchy trigger finger just waiting to blast a potential burglar.

Totally agree with this.

I view gun enthusiasts as i would anybody else with an interest.

It's just that when they (some of them) start talking about how owning a gun is a human right, and that there is no way to even discuss gun regulations, that I feel it veers from responsible ownership, to tinfoil hat obsession.
Yagremohbhg

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Corea wrote:
fermentation wrote:

Totally agree with this.

I view gun enthusiasts as i would anybody else with an interest.

It's just that when they (some of them) start talking about how owning a gun is a human right, and that there is no way to even discuss gun regulations, that I feel it veers from responsible ownership, to tinfoil hat obsession.

In my office today we had a discussion on whether Obama is going to really take a stance this time. He's not up for re-election and is already radical in being the first black president so we (Chinese, French, British and an American) feel he is really well poised to take a big push on gun control and regulation and tear into the NRA.

He has nothing to lose really and a lot to gain.

My personal view is -

If nobody else had guns - you don't need a gun to protect yourself. Duh. Secondly, if half or more of the populace of average Joe's think they're going to be successful seeing off an armed gangbanger trying to burgle their house, - they're likely to be in for a rude awakening and just end up getting a worse beating for pulling a gun on him or getting shot for scaring the guy. Best scenario - burglar breaks into your home or carjacks you and you shoot and kill him - you live with the guilt of killing someone for the rest of your life rather than being a little pissed that you lost some stuff you don't even really need and your insurance will pay for anyhow.

Just look at Canada, right? No guns, no major gun crime. Bingo.
Captain Corea

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canada has a swack of guns.
Yagremohbhg

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Corea wrote:
Canada has a swack of guns.

Sorry, didn't know that, my bad. Then why not so much gun crime? Or is there. I know much not about Canada.

Rest of my previous post stands though.

I reckon Obama is going to make a big anti gun push too.
fermentation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at the moon. No people, no crime. Bingo.
fezmond

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Canda had a truckload of guns, certainly comparable to the US (per person).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 2 of 12

Jump to: