Site Search:
 
TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The 10 Most Educated Countries in the World
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
World Traveler



Joined: 29 May 2009

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject: The 10 Most Educated Countries in the World Reply with quote

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/the-10-most-educated-countries-in-the-world.html

Interesting article.

Canada is #1.
Quote:
In Canada, 50% of the adult population has completed tertiary education, easily the highest rate in the OECD.

The U.S. is #4.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dodge7



Joined: 21 Oct 2011

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bunch of ice chipping and basket weaving degrees up in Canada.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ricochet



Joined: 04 Sep 2011
Location: i wish to fly to Colorado...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:10 am    Post subject: Re: The 10 Most Educated Countries in the World Reply with quote

World Traveler wrote:
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/the-10-most-educated-countries-in-the-world.html

Interesting article.

Canada is #1.
Quote:
In Canada, 50% of the adult population has completed tertiary education, easily the highest rate in the OECD.

The U.S. is #4.


yay baby! number 1 again! Very Happy

wow, USA 4? surprisingly high...guess all the old-ass Canadians that have moved on to Florida and California for some sun are being counted as U.S. citizens. Wink


Last edited by ricochet on Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:10 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
radcon



Joined: 23 May 2011

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And yet Canada is ranked 25th in average IQ. This is below the US, England, and others.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ricochet



Joined: 04 Sep 2011
Location: i wish to fly to Colorado...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

radcon wrote:
And yet Canada is ranked 25th in average IQ. This is below the US, England, and others.


i beg to differ, rat-con (as if anyone...). Laughing

-> http://iqtest-australia.com/Test.IQ.Test.your.Intelligence.Quotient-statistic.htm Very Happy

besides -> http://www.photius.com/rankings/national_iq_scores_country_ranks.html Shocked

OMG! it be viral! -> http://dailykenn.blogspot.kr/2012/06/by-dailykenn_19.html Cool

you can never really tell when somebody wants something you want too...

i see Canada right above USA once again, statistically that be! Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
radcon



Joined: 23 May 2011

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ricochet wrote:
radcon wrote:
And yet Canada is ranked 25th in average IQ. This is below the US, England, and others.


i beg to differ, rat-con (as if anyone...). Laughing

-> http://iqtest-australia.com/Test.IQ.Test.your.Intelligence.Quotient-statistic.htm Very Happy

besides -> http://www.photius.com/rankings/national_iq_scores_country_ranks.html Shocked

OMG! it be viral! -> http://dailykenn.blogspot.kr/2012/06/by-dailykenn_19.html Cool

you can never really tell when somebody wants something you want too...

i see Canada right above USA once again, statistically that be! Smile


If you were one of these smart Canadians that you tout, you would realize that stats can be produced to refute your position. Also the testing methods are not fair or accurate because with all the Canadians in Korea who were not tested, the average IQ in Canada was raised a few points.

http://www.rlynn.co.uk/pages/article_intelligence/t4.asp

http://www.statisticbrain.com/countries-with-the-highest-lowest-average-iq/

http://www.sq.4mg.com/NationIQ.htm
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
augustine



Joined: 08 Sep 2012
Location: México

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Yes!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Who's Your Daddy?



Joined: 30 May 2010
Location: The joy's in the ride.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: The 10 Most Educated Countries in the World Reply with quote

World Traveler wrote:
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/the-10-most-educated-countries-in-the-world.html

Interesting article.

Canada is #1.
Quote:
In Canada, 50% of the adult population has completed tertiary education, easily the highest rate in the OECD.

The U.S. is #4.


Yeah, too many. A degree is worth what a high school diploma was in 1970. Probably need a degree to drive a bus.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ricochet



Joined: 04 Sep 2011
Location: i wish to fly to Colorado...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

radcon wrote:
ricochet wrote:
radcon wrote:
And yet Canada is ranked 25th in average IQ. This is below the US, England, and others.


i beg to differ, rat-con (as if anyone...). Laughing

-> http://iqtest-australia.com/Test.IQ.Test.your.Intelligence.Quotient-statistic.htm Very Happy

besides -> http://www.photius.com/rankings/national_iq_scores_country_ranks.html Shocked

OMG! it be viral! -> http://dailykenn.blogspot.kr/2012/06/by-dailykenn_19.html Cool

you can never really tell when somebody wants something you want too...

i see Canada right above USA once again, statistically that be! Smile


If I were one of these smart Americans when I tout myself at night, you would realize that stats can be produced to refute your position. Also the testing methods are not fair or accurate because with all the Americans in Korea who were not tested, the average IQ in everywhere else was raised a few points.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/the-10-most-educated-countries-in-the-world.html


and yet America is ranked 25th in average IQ. this is below Canada, England, and others.. Smile


Last edited by ricochet on Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Couchsurfer



Joined: 10 Apr 2013

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you filtered out First Nations, the average Canadian IQ would rise a few points.

radcon wrote:
And yet Canada is ranked 25th in average IQ. This is below the US, England, and others.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
radcon



Joined: 23 May 2011

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ricochet wrote:
radcon wrote:
ricochet wrote:
radcon wrote:
And yet Canada is ranked 25th in average IQ. This is below the US, England, and others.


i beg to differ, rat-con (as if anyone...). Laughing

-> http://iqtest-australia.com/Test.IQ.Test.your.Intelligence.Quotient-statistic.htm Very Happy

besides -> http://www.photius.com/rankings/national_iq_scores_country_ranks.html Shocked

OMG! it be viral! -> http://dailykenn.blogspot.kr/2012/06/by-dailykenn_19.html Cool

you can never really tell when somebody wants something you want too...

i see Canada right above USA once again, statistically that be! Smile


If I were one of these smart Americans when I tout myself at night, you would realize that stats can be produced to refute your position. Also the testing methods are not fair or accurate because with all the Americans in Korea who were not tested, the average IQ in everywhere else was raised a few points.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/the-10-most-educated-countries-in-the-world.html


and yet America is ranked 25th in average IQ. this is below Canada, England, and others, dumbass. you can't help it, it's where you're from... Smile


I posted stats that showed that the US has a higher average IQ than Canada. Your stats contradicted mine. Whose stats are more valid? Don't know, don't care. But you are the dumbass if you believe any of these stats are reliable or even that there is an accurate way to measure national IQ.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
12ax7



Joined: 07 Nov 2009

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couchsurfer wrote:
If you filtered out First Nations, the average Canadian IQ would rise a few points.

radcon wrote:
And yet Canada is ranked 25th in average IQ. This is below the US, England, and others.


So says the moron who proudly exhibits his ignorance.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
radcon



Joined: 23 May 2011

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

12ax7 wrote:
Couchsurfer wrote:
If you filtered out First Nations, the average Canadian IQ would rise a few points.

radcon wrote:
And yet Canada is ranked 25th in average IQ. This is below the US, England, and others.


So says the moron who proudly exhibits his ignorance.


Way to cherry pick. I also stated that there is no accurate way to measure the IQ of a whole nation and these stats are propbably not accurate. I threw out the first number I came across to make a point. If you can disprove my stat go ahead, genius.
My point being that graduation levels do not equal intelligence. Why doesn't the OP or one of you other esteemed Canadian intellectuals offer some analysis of the stats instead of just spouting "Canada good-USA bad." If Canada graduates the most from college why don't the IQ numbers match? Why doesn't this alleged superior intellect translate into world beating companies, leading universities, scientific discoveries, Nobel prizes or any other metric of your choosing?
The mornic thing in this thread is the relentless Canadian nationalism and inferiority complex.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
12ax7



Joined: 07 Nov 2009

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

radcon wrote:
12ax7 wrote:
Couchsurfer wrote:
If you filtered out First Nations, the average Canadian IQ would rise a few points.

radcon wrote:
And yet Canada is ranked 25th in average IQ. This is below the US, England, and others.


So says the moron who proudly exhibits his ignorance.


Way to cherry pick. I also stated that there is no accurate way to measure the IQ of a whole nation and these stats are propbably not accurate. I threw out the first number I came across to make a point. If you can disprove my stat go ahead, genius.
My point being that graduation levels do not equal intelligence. Why doesn't the OP or one of you other esteemed Canadian intellectuals offer some analysis of the stats instead of just spouting "Canada good-USA bad." If Canada graduates the most from college why don't the IQ numbers match? Why doesn't this alleged superior intellect translate into world beating companies, leading universities, scientific discoveries, Nobel prizes or any other metric of your choosing?
The mornic thing in this thread is the relentless Canadian nationalism and inferiority complex.


You know what's truly moronic (and ironic)? The fact you took a comment that was clearly aimed at someone else, misconstrued it as a personal attack, and wasted time writing a rant in response to it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ricochet



Joined: 04 Sep 2011
Location: i wish to fly to Colorado...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

12ax7 wrote:
radcon wrote:
12ax7 wrote:
Couchsurfer wrote:
If you filtered out First Nations, the average Canadian IQ would rise a few points.

radcon wrote:
And yet Canada is ranked 25th in average IQ. This is below the US, England, and others.


So says the moron who proudly exhibits his ignorance.


blah blah blah...If Canada graduates the most from college why don't the IQ numbers match? Why doesn't this alleged superior intellect translate into world beating companies, leading universities, scientific discoveries, Nobel prizes or any other metric of your choosing?
The mornic thing in this thread is the relentless Canadian nationalism and inferiority complex.


You know what's truly moronic (and ironic)? The fact you took a comment that was clearly aimed at someone else, misconstrued it as a personal attack, and wasted time writing a rant in response to it.


Shocked

AMERICA!


Last edited by ricochet on Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


This page is maintained by the one and only Dave Sperling.
Contact Dave's ESL Cafe
Copyright © 2013 Dave Sperling. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group

TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International