Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

cigar lounge?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ejyanaika

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: cigar lounge? Reply with quote

Does anyone know if there are any cigar lounges in seoul? Someone had mentioned there were a couple at hotels, but that's as far as the info went.
John Stamos jr.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's one at the bottom of the main strip in Gyrunggidan. I've seen it but forget the name. Zypher (probably spelled his handle wrong) mentioned it in the smoking thread that steelrails destroyed.
FDNY

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.pierrecigar.com/

This is a nice club. Walk in humidor. The owner is the authorized Habanos dealer for Korea. Last time I checked membership was about 1,000,000 won. That may sound like a lot of money, but the people you meet at the club will be directors, CEOs and above of the best Korean comanies. If you want to network yourself out of your kindie job, this is the place.
T-J

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://burninhal.com/
fezmond

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As TJ linked, Burn in Gyungridan is the only one I can think of.

Bit overpriced but to be expected, pretty chilled atmosphere and a decent selection. Come out of exit 2 at Noksapyeong station, head down the road til you get to the underpass. Take that and it'll be just around the corner, 2nd floor.
darkjedidave

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never smoked a cigar but would like to try sometime. How friendly are they to complete beginners?
T-J

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hal is an extremely cordial guy. He'll be more than happy to answer any questions you have.
Zyzyfer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

T-J wrote:

Hal is an extremely cordial guy. He'll be more than happy to answer any questions you have.

Weeeeell I'm not super keen on how he treats his staff when they get really busy but that's something best handled by me saying so directly to the guy rather than gossiping away on here.

I will chime in though, he is quite kind to his customers. Definitely values folks having a good experience above all else.

-----

It's also just got a pretty cool vibe going. I actually saw a couple of Korean ladies puffing away last time I was there, and I think they were later joined by a big Korean dude who had a pipe. The prices and theme keep out the riff-raff but at the same time the clientele isn't pretentious. Just people getting a classier smoke on.

darkjedidave wrote:
I've never smoked a cigar but would like to try sometime. How friendly are they to complete beginners?

I think the biggest thing with cigars is that they take a very long time to smoke. Typical cigarette is lit and done in 5 minutes. Cigars are like a 30 to 45 minute investment.

On the bright side, they're not harsh on your lungs like cigarettes. It's also possible to take a break halfway through, only smoke the "best" portion of the cigar, stuff like that.

Burn is good because, even if there's a surcharge on them, he has single cigars sitting right there in his case (is it a humidor? dunno) so you can just pop in, buy one, and do your thing.
Skippy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

T-J wrote:
http://burninhal.com/

Yep this is the premium place for a smoke and a cigar. Pierres is not really an option as it is a private club. Memberships cost about a million won the first year.

Hal is a really nice guy. He has been part of the cigar scene in Korea for years. The lounge has a good atmosphere. The prices are a touch high but some of that is out of his control.

if you are into cigars you may also want to check out Seoul Cigar Aficionado Society and Cigar Therapy on Facebook.
brucebruce

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a nice one in the intercontinental at coex. Its at the samseong stop on the subway.
FMPJ

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coffee Bar K is a good place to have a cigar. I also enjoy a cigar at The Library (Shilla Hotel). Don't remember if Off has cigars or not--great whisky selection, though (competitive with K's!).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: