Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Medical check valid for how long?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wiltern

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:27 am    Post subject: Medical check valid for how long? Reply with quote

I know the FBI CBC must be issued within the past 6 months at the start of a new job. Does this timeframe apply to the medical check as well? I will be starting a new job soon and my last medical check was more than 6 months ago (but less than 1 year ago).
ttompatz

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:13 am    Post subject: Re: Medical check valid for how long? Reply with quote

Wiltern wrote:
I know the FBI CBC must be issued within the past 6 months at the start of a new job. Does this timeframe apply to the medical check as well? I will be starting a new job soon and my last medical check was more than 6 months ago (but less than 1 year ago).

The medical that you need for an E2 MUST be done at a Korean hospital AFTER you arrive and before you get your ARC (at the longest - within 90 days of arrival but often much sooner).

Your medical from home (beyond your "self assessment form") or a medical done in a 3rd country is not relevant nor necessary.

Wiltern

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:23 am    Post subject: Re: Medical check valid for how long? Reply with quote

ttompatz wrote:
The medical that you need for an E2 MUST be done at a Korean hospital AFTER you arrive and before you get your ARC (at the longest - within 90 days of arrival but often much sooner).

Your medical from home (beyond your "self assessment form") or a medical done in a 3rd country is not relevant nor necessary.

This is not my first job here. I've had my ARC since 2011 and I'm on a F visa. The place I will be starting at next week is asking me to bring my medical check (done about 9 months ago).
andrewchon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your school gets the medical report. Ask them for a copy.
NYC_Gal 2.0

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are only good for 3 months, if you need it for immigration.
ttompatz

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYC_Gal 2.0 wrote:

"F" visa... would be for the employer (in which case there is no definitive answer... it is what they want it to be and they will accept what they will accept).

Immigration doesn't care about "F" visa holder's employment (other than that it is legal - bank robbers can still lose their "F" visa and get deported).

The MOE only wants the CBC and degree copies.

NYC_Gal 2.0

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hence the "if."

To the OP: ask your employer if the older medical check will be okay. If not, you can easily get a new one.
FastForward

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttompatz wrote:
NYC_Gal 2.0 wrote:

"F" visa... would be for the employer (in which case there is no definitive answer... it is what they want it to be and they will accept what they will accept).

Immigration doesn't care about "F" visa holder's employment (other than that it is legal - bank robbers can still lose their "F" visa and get deported).

I thought F visa holders were required to get a health check for MOE. This is not the case? Just making sure, before I go out and get one.

I have started working at my school, but no mention of my CBC or degree copy. Do I go to the MOE and do this myself or do they do it for me. Thanks
ttompatz

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FastForward wrote:
ttompatz wrote:
NYC_Gal 2.0 wrote:

I thought F visa holders were required to get a health check for MOE. This is not the case? Just making sure, before I go out and get one.

I have started working at my school, but no mention of my CBC or degree copy. Do I go to the MOE and do this myself or do they do it for me. Thanks

The school asks for them when they register you.

If they haven't asked then they haven't registered you.

It is their headache. If they are caught having unregistered teachers then they get fined and you get registered or fired.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: