Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who will be the top poster of 2013?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
detonate

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should have clarified, I think they'd be in the running for the kind of awards Nolos would hand out if they were real people.

World Traveler wrote:
detonate wrote:
Are Dodge7 and nautilus not on the list since they are also computer programs?

Computer programs? Maybe it seems (to you) like they post the most, but they really do not. Dodge7 has only 886 posts. Nautilus has made 3627 posts (over an eight year time span). I don't think either will be the top poster of 2013.
Zyzyfer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lemak wrote:
Zyzyfer wrote:
None of them could hold a candle to the legendarily prolific Tiger Beer.

Wasn't it later revealed Tiger Beer was just an automatically responding computer program?

http://www.koreanesl.com/esl.php?board=teacherforum&page=71&command=body&no=10692

If so his post count doesn't count, dammit!

Damn I should get me one of those.

ttompatz wrote:
Steelrails - 7075 (1700 in 2012)

That is scary when you consider the sheer volume of his posts. He's like the anti-Tiger Beer.

bucheon bum wrote:
I think at least 7000 of those posts were made between 2004 and 2006. He was indeed one of the most prolific posters this board has seen.

Heh.

Speaking of burning intensity I remember a guy posting under the name ryleeys or something like that. Hit 1000 posts in like a month. I don't think he ever broke 2000 before he quit posting but damn.
Captain Corea

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, many come by with a flourish.

I wonder though - how many of those prolific posters come, get banned, then come back again wit hthe same posting frenzy?
lemak

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the old days (2004 or so) I remember Tigger was up around 13 or 14,000 posts or so. The off topic forums routinely get (got?) pruned and users would lose 10% or so of their replies at a time.
Impressive that TB could get up into the tens of thousands with the board only being up and running for a couple of years.
Is Steelrails the new Kiwiboy? Argumentative, virtual essays with each reply - but relatively coherent and well written even if you don't agree with the content of his post.
bucheon bum

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zyzyfer wrote:

Speaking of burning intensity I remember a guy posting under the name ryleeys or something like that. Hit 1000 posts in like a month. I don't think he ever broke 2000 before he quit posting but damn.

Laughing

I remember that dude. He was highly entertaining, albeit unintentionally most of the time. He went a little crazy with the posting even before arriving in the ROK then seemed to want to keep us all abreast of his experiences after coming over. Totally forget what happened to him.

Quote:
Is Steelrails the new Kiwiboy? Argumentative, virtual essays with each reply - but relatively coherent and well written even if you don't agree with the content of his post.

SR can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think he's ever been warned or temporarily banned. Kiwi was a bit more argumentative and got into silly personal disputes with people sometimes (hence eventually getting perma banned and having to create a new handle).

I think I'm showing I have spent too much time on this board over the years...
ricochet

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the bucheon bum needs a hug! gawd knows he needs a life, too! Wink

here bucheon bum, here boy? Arrow http://forums.eslcafe.com/korea/viewtopic.php?t=225336 Rolling Eyes
Zyzyfer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lemak wrote:
In the old days (2004 or so) I remember Tigger was up around 13 or 14,000 posts or so. The off topic forums routinely get (got?) pruned and users would lose 10% or so of their replies at a time.

Hah, damn, right! I forgot about the pruning. A lot of the older hands that still have their original accounts would have astronomical total posts if not for that.

Quote:

bucheon bum wrote:
Totally forget what happened to him.

Met the guy once or twice. I think he just left and went somewhere else but I recall vague memories of something a bit more scandalous.

Quote:
SR can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think he's ever been warned or temporarily banned. Kiwi was a bit more argumentative and got into silly personal disputes with people sometimes (hence eventually getting perma banned and having to create a new handle).

I have no idea about warnings and bans for SteelRails, obviously. But it would make sense if he hasn't. His "attacks" are blanket grumbles (coincidentally the same crap he rails against in the first place, surely it's just hipster irony at work?) and he doesn't really do personal attacks or appear to have any particular vendettas against specific users.

Commendable, although I rarely agree with his points.

Quote:
I think I'm showing I have spent too much time on this board over the years...

Yeah I went away for a few years and ended up coming back because this place tends to be livelier than most of the other boards I frequent. Plus there are lots of familiar faces, even though most go by new handles and all.
KimchiNinja

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

northway wrote:
Zackback or Kimchininja, though I think they're probably the same hilarious poster.

I heard that.

But I don't run thru KR with my shirt off like Zach.
joelove

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look out for the new poster, he's a moralist, and he has enough opinions and enough time and boredom to defend them all and argue with all of yours as well. Every point you make will be well dissected. Each sentence you write will get 3 or 4 in response. Many will fall into the trap of arguing with him, but none will prevail. He has a mission to fix all your thinking flaws and make the world a better place. His indomitable spirit of right and good will win the day.

The champion of posts for 2013 will be 'kinship'
Captain Corea

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PLUS, he'll get "published" again in the KT/KH and somehow that'll equate with yet another doctorate.

We're just here giving opinions, while he's able to parlay that into academic excellence!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: