Site Search:

TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sending docs?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bearnana

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:44 am    Post subject: Sending docs? Reply with quote

So I need to send my documents to my recruiter (based in Korea), from the UK. Any suggestions of which courier to use? I thought I could just use the Royal Mail, but they can only track my parcel whilst it's still inside the UK. Since my recruiter has requested a tracking number from me, I assume this won't do.

I've had a quick browse through the private couriers (Fedex, parcelforce etc), and they all seem to be charging an arm and a leg, whilst the RM was only going to charge 10 Confused How much should I be expecting to pay for this?
ttompatz

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Re: Sending docs? Reply with quote

Bearnana wrote:
So I need to send my documents to my recruiter (based in Korea), from the UK. Any suggestions of which courier to use? I thought I could just use the Royal Mail, but they can only track my parcel whilst it's still inside the UK. Since my recruiter has requested a tracking number from me, I assume this won't do.

I've had a quick browse through the private couriers (Fedex, parcelforce etc), and they all seem to be charging an arm and a leg, whilst the RM was only going to charge 10 Confused How much should I be expecting to pay for this?

Royal mail EMS works fine.

newb

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Sending docs? Reply with quote

ttompatz wrote:
Bearnana wrote:

Royal mail EMS works fine.

It funny that almost everything in UK is royal something. Razz
NYC_Gal 2.0

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just use fedex. It's pricey, but getting all new docs costs more.
YTMND

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYC_Gal 2.0 wrote:
Just use fedex. It's pricey, but getting all new docs costs more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpVFC7bMtY0
young_clinton

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:00 am    Post subject: Re: Sending docs? Reply with quote

My school required FEDEX but I was allowed to use DHL (little cheaper). I would use a professional courier for those documents.
mac419

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Diploma Reply with quote

Sorry if this was asked and answered somewhere else, but I'm wondering if it is really normal to have to send your ORIGINAL diploma to the school you will be working for?! This seems scary, for a lack of a better word.
ttompatz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Diploma Reply with quote

mac419 wrote:
Sorry if this was asked and answered somewhere else, but I'm wondering if it is really normal to have to send your ORIGINAL diploma to the school you will be working for?! This seems scary, for a lack of a better word.

NO. Do NOT send your original.
The school does not need it.
The MOE does not need it.
Immigration does not need it.

Send the certified COPY with the apostille affixed to the copy.

If you send your original you WILL lose it (immigration does NOT return them).

mac419

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: