Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Info on Living in Eastern Yangsan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mrsk

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject: Info on Living in Eastern Yangsan Reply with quote

I just signed a contract with Toplus in Yangsan. I've never lived in that area of Korea so I'm wondering if anyone can give some insight to my area of town.

I won't be living in Yangsan proper, but in an eastern dong, (at least I've been told it's Yangsan) Samho-dong, Yangsan-si.

I'm curious if anyone has info on this area. Specifically 1) English worship service 2) shopping i.e Emart and local produce markets 3) transportation into downtown and possibly Busan or Ulsan, whichever is closer 4) western restaurants 5) coffee shops

Any other info that you all might have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a bunch....
stu&bec

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:44 am    Post subject: Yangsan Reply with quote

Hi there,
I live in Shindoshi Yangsan have been here for 2 months.
There is a good sized Emart in the centre near the subway and there is also a market in the Old town called Nambu market.
I would advise joining a group on Facebook called Yangsan foreigners and friends. People will literally jump out their skin to help you on there.
Good luck!
Bec
some waygug-in

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't find that particular dong on the map.

Are you sure it's Yangsan? (near Busan)

OK found it, you'll be half way to Ulsan there. A bit further than I was.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&bvm=bv.1357316858,d.aWM&biw=1280&bih=833&q=yangsan+city+map&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x356897628e7bb139:0xedc6277c8278d292,Yangsan-si,+Gyeongsangnam-do,+South+Korea&gl=ca&sa=X&ei=tOTtULmeINLFqQGcyICwCw&ved=0CC8Q8gEwAA

I used to live in the Eastern district (on the highway to Ulsan) It's not part of the city at all, but is considered part of the city school district.

It will be easier for you to go to Ulsan than to Yangsan city. Bus runs
every 15 mins or so.

there was a church in Ulsan that had English worship service. It was about a half hour bus trip. I don't know if it's still going because the
guy who was the pastor has since moved back to the US.

Hope this helps.
Mrsk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, at least now we know that we can have access to either Ulsan or Yangsan. We will definitely check out both cities for churches. We would ideally like to work with a church to start up an English Worship Service. Now we'll know to look in all three areas.

Thanks for the input.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: