Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A reputable hagwon around Hyochang Park?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Stamos jr.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:41 am    Post subject: A reputable hagwon around Hyochang Park? Reply with quote

After writing this, I'm starting to think I should have posted it in the jobs forum, but I already typed it out, so consider me lazy. I teach a woman who lives around Hyochang Park(/Sinyongsan?). She's very successful, has a 1st/2nd grade daughter and is very committed to her learning English. The mother is smart, very westernized and knows the hagwon system is flawed as hell. She speaks great English and has been good to me, so we've become friends, and I'm trying to help her out.

She sends her daughter to a Maple Bear chain but she's hip to the fact that she's getting jipped sending her kid to a hagwon recommended by the mom mob. I've also taught her daughter one on one and she's very advanced for her age.

She's willing to pay, believe me, but doesn't quite have the capital to send her to an international school, so I was wondering if anyone knows a reputable hagwon in the general area that maintains a solid standing. The grandma can drive them to and from the classes, I think, if it happens to be a bit further from their residence.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm certain that there are some decent establishments in the Yongsan area. Feel free to PM me, I know there must be better options than Maple Bear.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: