Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My Baby is TOO CUTE for Facebook. I need a Modeling Agency
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dodge7

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:29 am    Post subject: My Baby is TOO CUTE for Facebook. I need a Modeling Agency Reply with quote

Anyone know any?
She can't be contained any longer and needs to blow up on the scene, so if you know any, please let me know.
5 months old. Mixed American/Korean.
Serious answers please.
byrddogs

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure your baby probably is cute; most are regardless of genetic makeup (why the need to point out she is American and Korean mix?).

Anyway, didn't you say already that your model-worthy baby has been on TV before? You didn't get any contacts from that?
laynamarya

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dodge, you sound just like my husband. (Our baby will be five months next week.)

He's trying to break into the scene by entering pictures into contests. Nonhyup has contests to find baby models sometimes, and I believe a lot of the Korean baby formula companies run the same kinds of things.
Dodge7

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

byrddogs wrote:
I'm sure your baby probably is cute; most are regardless of genetic makeup (why the need to point out she is American and Korean mix?).

Anyway, didn't you say already that your model-worthy baby has been on TV before? You didn't get any contacts from that?

Yeah, but it was a fly by night kind of show. It's off the air now. We never got any phone numbers anyway.
Dodge7

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

laynamarya wrote:
Dodge, you sound just like my husband. (Our baby will be five months next week.)

He's trying to break into the scene by entering pictures into contests. Nonhyup has contests to find baby models sometimes, and I believe a lot of the Korean baby formula companies run the same kinds of things.

Well that's cool. Just don't enter any competition my baby is entering. You'd lose. Laughing
rainman3277

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

has there ever been a a parent who didn't think their baby was cute enough to be a model, and would you respect them if they didn't? However, isn't knowing it enough?
Zyzyfer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rainman3277 wrote:
has there ever been a a parent who didn't think their baby was cute enough to be a model, and would you respect them if they didn't? However, isn't knowing it enough?

Gazing into his baby daughter's eyes, Feng was repulsed.
Dodge7

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rainman3277 wrote:

I guarantee if you saw my daughter you'd swear it was a Gap baby model. I haven't seen one better looking baby on all of Facebook among my friends or anywhere on the web at the same age. She is really that cute. And I am as objective as you can get.
When the students who "hate" me at school see her picture I can see them anticipating the moment they can say, "ehhh, mo-seng-gus-saw!!" but upon seeing it their whole face changes and nod and say, "uhhh." That's when you know you have a cute baby.
Not too mention people stop in the store literally stop and stare at our child and constantly get the "she looks like doll" in Korean.

If you need to see a pic let me know. PM me.
dongjak

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you live near Itaewon? Just grab your baby and hang out there, you are guaranteed to be approached. My baby is only 2 months old and I've been given model business cards three times already. BUT my baby is the cutest baby in the world. And she is not Korean, I don't know if they only want non Korean looking babies.
Yaya

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My friend took his daughter to a photography studio to get professional shots taken, and the photographer said he would look for gigs for her. She has to take training, though.
Dodge7

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, maybe I am in the wrong town. I need to be closer to Seoul.
dongjak

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are expat parenting groups on facebook, one of them has a list of modeling agencies who are looking for foreign baby models. Maybe join one of those groups and get the information? But really, if you baby is cute, just hang out in itaewon for one day, you probably will be approached.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember doing that same crap when I had a baby in Korea. You'll get over it.

We couldn't walk down the street without women stopping us to gawk at our daughter.

At restaurants we could always eat in peace because the ajummas insisted on holding our daughter.

When we got her 100 day photos taken, the studio offered to give us the pics for free if they could use her as a model on their walls. Same thing at a different studio at 1 year old. And again at 2 years old when my wife took a trip back to Korea with her.

And throughout the whole time, I clearly thought, "I'm always objective about this stuff, but my kid really is that cute!"

Then somewhere about the age of 3 or 4, my wife and I were looking at old pics of our daughter. We kinda looked at each other and both said: "Man, she was funny looking!"

Of course, now I'm back to thinking she's one of the cutest kids in the world.
Swampfox10mm

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My daughter is on her 2nd baby magazine cover. We got a call to bring her in to audition for a commercial yesterday, but we both work, so we can't. Things sort of took off after the first cover she did. Here's this month:

http://www.kyobobook.co.kr/product/detailViewKor.laf?ejkGb=KOR&mallGb=KOR&barcode=3904000128412&orderClick=LAH&Kc=
madoka

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swampfox10mm wrote:
My daughter is on her 2nd baby magazine cover. We got a call to bring her in to audition for a commercial yesterday, but we both work, so we can't. Things sort of took off after the first cover she did. Here's this month:

http://www.kyobobook.co.kr/product/detailViewKor.laf?ejkGb=KOR&mallGb=KOR&barcode=3904000128412&orderClick=LAH&Kc=

Derek has thrown down the gauntlet Dodge! Time to post pics of your kid. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: