Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My Baby is TOO CUTE for Facebook. I need a Modeling Agency
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mayorgc

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dodge's kid is not the cutest in the world.

My 12 month daughter is. I get comments from strangers on the streets, people in grocery stores, store clerks and literally anybody with a pair of working eye balls. Western teenage girls who walk by and see her do the "big eye'd anime girl" squeal.

Korean ajummas come out of the kitchen and into the restaurant dining room to see my kid.

In other words, every parent on earth thinks their kid is the cutest.

But mine really is.
Moondoggy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So proud of you and your wife.

Please produce 10 more babies.
actionjackson

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to do this to you all but you're all wrong.

My kid is the cutest and it hasn't even been conceived yet. You read that right. I constantly get adjumma's stopping me on the street asking me and my women to have a baby. Magazine editors, photographers, and commercial producers are constantly giving me business cards for the day the little bundle comes into the world. So there you go, I have the cutest kid who hasn't even been made yet.

In my experience, everyone thinks their kid is the cutest.
Canadian Club

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That kid on the magazing cover is incredibly beautiful!
Swampfox10mm

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canadian Club wrote:

Thanks. A few recent shoots:

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd16/bassexpander/rps20130122_221246_785_zps18d43852.jpg

Back cover:

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd16/bassexpander/rps20130122_220838_zps5b1d0d30.jpg
Dodge7

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

madoka wrote:
Swampfox10mm wrote:
My daughter is on her 2nd baby magazine cover. We got a call to bring her in to audition for a commercial yesterday, but we both work, so we can't. Things sort of took off after the first cover she did. Here's this month:

http://www.kyobobook.co.kr/product/detailViewKor.laf?ejkGb=KOR&mallGb=KOR&barcode=3904000128412&orderClick=LAH&Kc=

Derek has thrown down the gauntlet Dodge! Time to post pics of your kid. Very Happy

Derek's kid is was older than my daughter. My baby also is in "Best Baby"--the magazine is so thick I think they take any kid whose mixed practically to fill it up. She is very cute though. But honestly not as cute as mine.
I would post her pic here, but my friends would recognize her who post on here--I'd like to keep myself anonymous. I would send you pic privately but not sure sure I could trust you with it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swampfox10mm wrote:
Canadian Club wrote:

Thanks. A few recent shoots:

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd16/bassexpander/rps20130122_221246_785_zps18d43852.jpg

Back cover:

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd16/bassexpander/rps20130122_220838_zps5b1d0d30.jpg

She is beautiful.
Swampfox10mm

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many people ask me how I teach my kids English... I don't teach them..... I just let them play with English Egg!
sublunari

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swampfox, your daughter is gorgeous. My wife and I also considered modeling gigs as we got a few free photos of our son from a studio in Seoul, but she's been kind of turned off from the pursuit lately as it seems like it's difficult to make any money from doing so (it's at least $150 for us to take a day trip to Seoul). Do you mind my asking if you live in Seoul and if you thought that getting your daughter photographed like that was financially worthwhile?
byrddogs

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dodge7 wrote:
madoka wrote:
Swampfox10mm wrote:
My daughter is on her 2nd baby magazine cover. We got a call to bring her in to audition for a commercial yesterday, but we both work, so we can't. Things sort of took off after the first cover she did. Here's this month:

http://www.kyobobook.co.kr/product/detailViewKor.laf?ejkGb=KOR&mallGb=KOR&barcode=3904000128412&orderClick=LAH&Kc=

Derek has thrown down the gauntlet Dodge! Time to post pics of your kid. Very Happy

Derek's kid is was older than my daughter. My baby also is in "Best Baby"--the magazine is so thick I think they take any kid whose mixed practically to fill it up. She is very cute though. But honestly not as cute as mine.
I would post her pic here, but my friends would recognize her who post on here--I'd like to keep myself anonymous. I would send you pic privately but not sure sure I could trust you with it.

Well, there you go.

I'm with madoka; put up or you know the rest. Why would your "friends" who post here care about your identity on this site? They are your friends, right?

@swamp Your daughter is certainly worthy of model gigs.
Swampfox10mm

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We live in central Seoul. There is money in it if you do shopping malls. We both work, so we turn away 90% of the stuff or more. Actually the wife handles it. Our girl had 8 calls in one day to model clothes for online malls. There is money in that, but it varies. Or money plus free clothes. Pay is comparable with what adult acting pays to be an extra or whatnot in a local TV commercial. Most want 2 weekdays per month for 3 hours at a time. Some will pay travel/taxi costs. Some are far away from home, so we have no interest. If we cannot get there in 30 mins, then it's no for us. One mall really wanted our daughter so they arranged a shoot with another studio close to home.

My wife only has time to take our girl out for about 1 or 2 jobs lasting 2 to 3 hours each per month. We have done some shoots for free pics from photo stores to build up professional shots. There is an online cafe for this where we post pics and get inquiries... wife handles that. We do not have an agent or anything.
Dodge7

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swampfox10mm wrote:
We live in central Seoul. There is money in it if you do shopping malls. We both work, so we turn away 90% of the stuff or more. Actually the wife handles it. Our girl had 8 calls in one day to model clothes for online malls. There is money in that, but it varies. Or money plus free clothes. Pay is comparable with what adult acting pays to be an extra or whatnot in a local TV commercial. Most want 2 weekdays per month for 3 hours at a time. Some will pay travel/taxi costs. Some are far away from home, so we have no interest. If we cannot get there in 30 mins, then it's no for us. One mall really wanted our daughter so they arranged a shoot with another studio close to home.

My wife only has time to take our girl out for about 1 or 2 jobs lasting 2 to 3 hours each per month. We have done some shoots for free pics from photo stores to build up professional shots. There is an online cafe for this where we post pics and get inquiries... wife handles that. We do not have an agent or anything.

So how much do adult extras get paid?
Oh and I know about the website your wife posts on--probably the same one my wife does. Thanks
Swampfox10mm

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple hundred thou for 2 to 3 hours. Plus some free clothes at some places. I don't think the mags pay at all, but the pics they take are sometimes provided. Those lead to more work.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swampfox10mm wrote:

Hey guys, do you worry about your daughters getting spoiled by all of this and falling into the deplorable Korean superficiality that seems to be taking over their society?

That was one of the biggest reasons I had to get out of Korea. I hated all the attention my daughter was getting for being "beautiful" and "unique". I HATED how unbelievably superficial my MIL was and how she fussed over my daughter and spent money on the ugliest "pretty" clothes for her. Even my wife, who is generally down to earth and not consumed by consumerism, started getting sucked into the superficiality of the whole thing. When MIL started shopping pics of her to modeling agencies, I knew it was absolutely time to head back to Canada.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to get down on you for staying there and becoming involved in this whole scene, but I'm just curious if you have the concerns I did and how you handle them.

I'm sure there's things a dad and mom can do to make sure their daughter doesn't get spoiled by all of it, but I felt it would have been a difficult fight that would have pitted me against them.

Part of the problem is probably me. I have expectations for my daughter that don't jive with Korean expectations: I want her to be well educated, ATHLETIC, and cute. I am so thankful to be in Canada now where she can do all of this and not stand out from every other kid. I probably could have found a way to do that in Korea, but it's much easier to do here.

It's actually quite comical when the in-laws and us have our yearly visits: MIL freaking out over seeing my daughter play hockey, soccer etc. Freaking out about all of our wrestling matches. And me freaking out when I see some of the wardrobes my MIL has bought for her.
Dodge7

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not too worried about it. We're leaving Korea by the time she is in middle school, then she'll be just another face in the crowd in America. Not unique.

Last edited by Dodge7 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: