Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My Baby is TOO CUTE for Facebook. I need a Modeling Agency
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
augustine

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is kind of a strange thread to me. I'm surprised people are so open about exploiting/wanting to exploit their children in this fashion for their own personal monetary gain. Especially, when some part is based on their half-whiteness, as a novelty item or something. And, I'm more surprised that I'm the first person to bring it up. Like those sick little girl beauty pageants with all those screwed up moms... where do you draw the line? Because that stuff is insane. And the parent always says, "It's her choice..." Right.
Captain Corea

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Newbie wrote:
Swampfox10mm wrote:
Canadian Club wrote:
That kid on the magazing cover is incredibly beautiful!

Thanks. A few recent shoots:

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd16/bassexpander/rps20130122_221246_785_zps18d43852.jpg

Back cover:

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd16/bassexpander/rps20130122_220838_zps5b1d0d30.jpg

She is beautiful.

Agreed. A very very pretty girl.

The debate about where to raise kids... well, I understand it. Chances are, every parent posting here has rolled through the various options themselves (and with their spouse).

At the end of the day the parent is trying to do their best, in the big decisions and the little, and I find it increasingly hard to judge them for their reasoned decision.
kimchi_pizza

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

augustine wrote:
This is kind of a strange thread to me. I'm surprised people are so open about exploiting/wanting to exploit their children in this fashion for their own personal monetary gain. Especially, when some part is based on their half-whiteness, as a novelty item or something. And, I'm more surprised that I'm the first person to bring it up. Like those sick little girl beauty pageants with all those screwed up moms... where do you draw the line? Because that stuff is insane. And the parent always says, "It's her choice..." Right.

Good on you.. I agree whole-heartedly. But it's nothing new and to be expected. When it comes to exploitations for personal gain...that's life. Even at the expense of their own blood.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kimchi_pizza wrote:
augustine wrote:

Good on you.. I agree whole-heartedly. But it's nothing new and to be expected. When it comes to exploitations for personal gain...that's life. Even at the expense of their own blood.

Ok guys... and if 100% of the money earned is being put into a college fund for the daughter? 75%, 50%? Is that selfish, or is that smart?

But yes, hopefully parents doing this don't go overboard like those freaks on TLC shows like "Dance Moms" and "Princess". (as an aside, anyone remember 20 years ago when TLC was good TV?)
Swampfox10mm

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Newbie wrote:
kimchi_pizza wrote:
augustine wrote:

Ok guys... and if 100% of the money earned is being put into a college fund for the daughter? 75%, 50%? Is that selfish, or is that smart?

But yes, hopefully parents doing this don't go overboard like those freaks on TLC shows like "Dance Moms" and "Princess"....

Well, if 2 to 4 hours per month is "going overboard," and putting all of the earnings in an account for our daughter's future is "exploitation for personal gain," then we are 100% guilty (please note that I mentioned the actual time we spend doing this, but a few posters have instead chosen to ignore my post and imply we are carting around our daughter for days on end like some circus act).

And here's one that will really incense the perfect parents on Dave's, and convince you I have no other goal than to ruin my daughter: I bring her to church on Sundays!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swampfox10mm wrote:
Newbie wrote:
kimchi_pizza wrote:
augustine wrote:

But yes, hopefully parents doing this don't go overboard like those freaks on TLC shows like "Dance Moms" and "Princess"....

Well, if 2 to 4 hours per month is "going overboard," and putting all of the earnings in an account for our daughter's future is "exploitation for personal gain," then we are 100% guilty (please note that I mentioned the actual time we spend doing this, but a few posters have instead chosen to ignore my post and imply we are carting around our daughter for days on end like some circus act).

And here's one that will really incense the perfect parents on Dave's, and convince you I have no other goal than to ruin my daughter: I bring her to church on Sundays!

Just to be clear: I was defending you doing what you do. I knew you had said you only do a few hours a month, which I think is perfectly fine. I thought kimchi_pizza and augustine were out of line for assuming you do this for selfish reasons.

The way you quoted makes it seem a little like you think I'm one of the guys attacking you.

But, I do think that if there are people who go overboard on it (which you don't) and spend countless hours on this stuff, that they need to relax on it a little.
rainman3277

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swampfox10mm wrote:
Newbie wrote:
kimchi_pizza wrote:
augustine wrote:

Exploitation AND brain-washing? That sir is going too far
Swampfox10mm

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't view you as attacking, newbie. No worries.
fosterman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: My Baby is TOO CUTE for Facebook. I need a Modeling Age Reply with quote

Dodge7 wrote:
Anyone know any?
She can't be contained any longer and needs to blow up on the scene, so if you know any, please let me know.
5 months old. Mixed American/Korean.
Serious answers please.

you sound like a proud dad! that's cool.
but if you want to enter your child into beauty contests you had better set yourself up for rejection and your daughter.
this industry is the most superficial of all industries, you might think your daughter is the hottest thing since slice bread, and someone else will think she is not. and then they chose someone else you are left scratching your head.
you sure you want to enter into this world?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: