Site Search:
 
TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Psychoses of Abortion
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
geldedgoat



Joined: 05 Mar 2009

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: The Psychoses of Abortion Reply with quote

I don't know if this is another one of those facebook fad stories, but I ran across this earlier today on one of my friends' posts:

Media Blacks Out Coverage of Infanticide in Abortion Industry

Quote:
Anyone wondering why the American public continues to buy into the myth of “safe, legal abortion” need only consider the two biggest abortion stories in the news this past week that have received zero coverage by the mainstream media.

The first is the ongoing trial of Kermit Gosnell who operated a filthy abortion clinic in West Philadelphia where babies born alive were killed by having their spinal cords snipped with a scissor. He’s also on trial for the death of a woman who died after being administered a lethal dose of anesthesia in his clinic where unlicensed people – some as young as high school age – are permitted to perform medical services. Witnesses during the trial are testifying to all kinds of horrors, from seeing blood stained tables, bags full of fetal body parts in the freezers, and jars displaying the tiny feet of aborted babies scattered throughout the clinic.

Another news story being deliberately blacked out concerns Alisa LaPolt Snow, a lobbyist with the Florida Alliance of Planned Parenthood who stood before Florida lawmakers last week who were meeting to debate a bill that would obligate doctors to save the life of a baby born alive after an abortion. When asked what she would recommend to be done in this scenario, Ms. Snow’s answer sent a collective chill down the spines of any American who heard it. “We believe that any decision that’s made should be left up to the woman, her family, and the physician.”


Now, I'm much less interested in the 'Why isn't the mainstream media covering this?' angle (though it is interesting that wikipedia's "defense" of the Kermit Gosnell story involves this article) than I am the stories themselves. Are these sorts of atrocities the natural side-effect of a culture of people who accept killing innocents for the sake of convenience as a morally acceptable practice?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
salutbonjour



Joined: 22 Jan 2013

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Questionable medical practices have nothing to do with abortion.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
geldedgoat



Joined: 05 Mar 2009

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

salutbonjour wrote:
Questionable medical practices have nothing to do with abortion.


Questionable medical practices? We're talking about killing viable infants born following failed abortions, and you call it a "questionable medical practice"?

Well, I suppose in a roundabout way you actually are answering the question I posed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
geldedgoat



Joined: 05 Mar 2009

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...

Last edited by geldedgoat on Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
geldedgoat



Joined: 05 Mar 2009

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...

Last edited by geldedgoat on Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Zackback



Joined: 05 Nov 2010
Location: Kyungbuk

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because the baby murderers want to keep on murdering babies. Anything that poses a threat their butchery will be downplayed or ignored.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GF



Joined: 26 Sep 2012

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:19 am    Post subject: Re: The Psychoses of Abortion Reply with quote

geldedgoat wrote:
Are these sorts of atrocities the natural side-effect of a culture of people who accept killing innocents for the sake of convenience as a morally acceptable practice?


Well, obviously. The real question is whether it's "side effect" or "logical outcome".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bucheon bum



Joined: 16 Jan 2003
Location: DC area

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: Re: The Psychoses of Abortion Reply with quote

geldedgoat wrote:
I don't know if this is another one of those facebook fad stories, but I ran across this earlier today on one of my friends' posts:

Media Blacks Out Coverage of Infanticide in Abortion Industry

Quote:
Anyone wondering why the American public continues to buy into the myth of “safe, legal abortion” need only consider the two biggest abortion stories in the news this past week that have received zero coverage by the mainstream media.

The first is the ongoing trial of Kermit Gosnell who operated a filthy abortion clinic in West Philadelphia where babies born alive were killed by having their spinal cords snipped with a scissor. He’s also on trial for the death of a woman who died after being administered a lethal dose of anesthesia in his clinic where unlicensed people – some as young as high school age – are permitted to perform medical services. Witnesses during the trial are testifying to all kinds of horrors, from seeing blood stained tables, bags full of fetal body parts in the freezers, and jars displaying the tiny feet of aborted babies scattered throughout the clinic.

Another news story being deliberately blacked out concerns Alisa LaPolt Snow, a lobbyist with the Florida Alliance of Planned Parenthood who stood before Florida lawmakers last week who were meeting to debate a bill that would obligate doctors to save the life of a baby born alive after an abortion. When asked what she would recommend to be done in this scenario, Ms. Snow’s answer sent a collective chill down the spines of any American who heard it. “We believe that any decision that’s made should be left up to the woman, her family, and the physician.”


Now, I'm much less interested in the 'Why isn't the mainstream media covering this?' angle (though it is interesting that wikipedia's "defense" of the Kermit Gosnell story involves this article) than I am the stories themselves. Are these sorts of atrocities the natural side-effect of a culture of people who accept killing innocents for the sake of convenience as a morally acceptable practice?


Considering stories like this don't seem to pop up in the EU, where abortion is more accessible, I'd say no, it isn't a side effect of abortion being legal.

And there are currently a couple articles on this case in the WaPo, which is mainstream media.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kuros



Joined: 27 Apr 2004

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: The Psychoses of Abortion Reply with quote

GF wrote:
geldedgoat wrote:
Are these sorts of atrocities the natural side-effect of a culture of people who accept killing innocents for the sake of convenience as a morally acceptable practice?


Well, obviously. The real question is whether it's "side effect" or "logical outcome".


There's a clear line at infant viability, Gosnell crossed that line, and there are very few who would condone it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
geldedgoat



Joined: 05 Mar 2009

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: The Psychoses of Abortion Reply with quote

bucheon bum wrote:
Considering stories like this don't seem to pop up in the EU, where abortion is more accessible, I'd say no, it isn't a side effect of abortion being legal.


Leaving a viable infant lying wrapped in a sheet overnight on a table doesn't qualify?

Kuros wrote:
There's a clear line at infant viability


That line is obviously not so clear for everyone.

Quote:
[...] there are very few who would condone it.


But how many are willing to openly condemn it?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kuros



Joined: 27 Apr 2004

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: The Psychoses of Abortion Reply with quote

geldedgoat wrote:


Kuros wrote:
There's a clear line at infant viability


That line is obviously not so clear for everyone.


Gosnell would induce babies and then sever their spines. I am confident he was aware of the line which he crossed. As for the staff, their psychology can all explained by Stanley Milgram . . .
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
geldedgoat



Joined: 05 Mar 2009

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was referring to the woman in the second of the two stories in my OP.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bucheon bum



Joined: 16 Jan 2003
Location: DC area

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what you are trying to argue or what point you're trying to make.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
akcrono



Joined: 11 Mar 2010

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucheon bum wrote:
I'm not sure what you are trying to argue or what point you're trying to make.


I think he's using this extreme case to try to paint abortion in a negative light.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
GF



Joined: 26 Sep 2012

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

geldedgoat wrote:
I was referring to the woman in the second of the two stories in my OP.


Yes the Planned Parenthood representative who, speaking in an official capacity, stated that Planned Parenthood believes that the killing of a viable child in that situation is up to the woman and her physician.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 1 of 14

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


This page is maintained by the one and only Dave Sperling.
Contact Dave's ESL Cafe
Copyright © 2013 Dave Sperling. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group

TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International