Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Psychoses of Abortion
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
geldedgoat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: The Psychoses of Abortion Reply with quote

I don't know if this is another one of those facebook fad stories, but I ran across this earlier today on one of my friends' posts:

Media Blacks Out Coverage of Infanticide in Abortion Industry

Quote:
Anyone wondering why the American public continues to buy into the myth of �safe, legal abortion� need only consider the two biggest abortion stories in the news this past week that have received zero coverage by the mainstream media.

The first is the ongoing trial of Kermit Gosnell who operated a filthy abortion clinic in West Philadelphia where babies born alive were killed by having their spinal cords snipped with a scissor. He�s also on trial for the death of a woman who died after being administered a lethal dose of anesthesia in his clinic where unlicensed people � some as young as high school age � are permitted to perform medical services. Witnesses during the trial are testifying to all kinds of horrors, from seeing blood stained tables, bags full of fetal body parts in the freezers, and jars displaying the tiny feet of aborted babies scattered throughout the clinic.

Another news story being deliberately blacked out concerns Alisa LaPolt Snow, a lobbyist with the Florida Alliance of Planned Parenthood who stood before Florida lawmakers last week who were meeting to debate a bill that would obligate doctors to save the life of a baby born alive after an abortion. When asked what she would recommend to be done in this scenario, Ms. Snow�s answer sent a collective chill down the spines of any American who heard it. �We believe that any decision that�s made should be left up to the woman, her family, and the physician.�

Now, I'm much less interested in the 'Why isn't the mainstream media covering this?' angle (though it is interesting that wikipedia's "defense" of the Kermit Gosnell story involves this article) than I am the stories themselves. Are these sorts of atrocities the natural side-effect of a culture of people who accept killing innocents for the sake of convenience as a morally acceptable practice?
salutbonjour

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Questionable medical practices have nothing to do with abortion.
geldedgoat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

salutbonjour wrote:
Questionable medical practices have nothing to do with abortion.

Questionable medical practices? We're talking about killing viable infants born following failed abortions, and you call it a "questionable medical practice"?

Well, I suppose in a roundabout way you actually are answering the question I posed.
geldedgoat

Last edited by geldedgoat on Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:30 am; edited 1 time in total
geldedgoat

Last edited by geldedgoat on Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Zackback

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because the baby murderers want to keep on murdering babies. Anything that poses a threat their butchery will be downplayed or ignored.
GF

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:19 am    Post subject: Re: The Psychoses of Abortion Reply with quote

geldedgoat wrote:
Are these sorts of atrocities the natural side-effect of a culture of people who accept killing innocents for the sake of convenience as a morally acceptable practice?

Well, obviously. The real question is whether it's "side effect" or "logical outcome".
bucheon bum

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: Re: The Psychoses of Abortion Reply with quote

geldedgoat wrote:
I don't know if this is another one of those facebook fad stories, but I ran across this earlier today on one of my friends' posts:

Media Blacks Out Coverage of Infanticide in Abortion Industry

Quote:
Anyone wondering why the American public continues to buy into the myth of �safe, legal abortion� need only consider the two biggest abortion stories in the news this past week that have received zero coverage by the mainstream media.

The first is the ongoing trial of Kermit Gosnell who operated a filthy abortion clinic in West Philadelphia where babies born alive were killed by having their spinal cords snipped with a scissor. He�s also on trial for the death of a woman who died after being administered a lethal dose of anesthesia in his clinic where unlicensed people � some as young as high school age � are permitted to perform medical services. Witnesses during the trial are testifying to all kinds of horrors, from seeing blood stained tables, bags full of fetal body parts in the freezers, and jars displaying the tiny feet of aborted babies scattered throughout the clinic.

Another news story being deliberately blacked out concerns Alisa LaPolt Snow, a lobbyist with the Florida Alliance of Planned Parenthood who stood before Florida lawmakers last week who were meeting to debate a bill that would obligate doctors to save the life of a baby born alive after an abortion. When asked what she would recommend to be done in this scenario, Ms. Snow�s answer sent a collective chill down the spines of any American who heard it. �We believe that any decision that�s made should be left up to the woman, her family, and the physician.�

Now, I'm much less interested in the 'Why isn't the mainstream media covering this?' angle (though it is interesting that wikipedia's "defense" of the Kermit Gosnell story involves this article) than I am the stories themselves. Are these sorts of atrocities the natural side-effect of a culture of people who accept killing innocents for the sake of convenience as a morally acceptable practice?

Considering stories like this don't seem to pop up in the EU, where abortion is more accessible, I'd say no, it isn't a side effect of abortion being legal.

And there are currently a couple articles on this case in the WaPo, which is mainstream media.
Kuros

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: The Psychoses of Abortion Reply with quote

GF wrote:
geldedgoat wrote:
Are these sorts of atrocities the natural side-effect of a culture of people who accept killing innocents for the sake of convenience as a morally acceptable practice?

Well, obviously. The real question is whether it's "side effect" or "logical outcome".

There's a clear line at infant viability, Gosnell crossed that line, and there are very few who would condone it.
geldedgoat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: The Psychoses of Abortion Reply with quote

bucheon bum wrote:
Considering stories like this don't seem to pop up in the EU, where abortion is more accessible, I'd say no, it isn't a side effect of abortion being legal.

Leaving a viable infant lying wrapped in a sheet overnight on a table doesn't qualify?

Kuros wrote:
There's a clear line at infant viability

That line is obviously not so clear for everyone.

Quote:
[...] there are very few who would condone it.

But how many are willing to openly condemn it?
Kuros

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: The Psychoses of Abortion Reply with quote

geldedgoat wrote:

Kuros wrote:
There's a clear line at infant viability

That line is obviously not so clear for everyone.

Gosnell would induce babies and then sever their spines. I am confident he was aware of the line which he crossed. As for the staff, their psychology can all explained by Stanley Milgram . . .
geldedgoat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was referring to the woman in the second of the two stories in my OP.
bucheon bum

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what you are trying to argue or what point you're trying to make.
akcrono

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucheon bum wrote:
I'm not sure what you are trying to argue or what point you're trying to make.

I think he's using this extreme case to try to paint abortion in a negative light.
GF

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

geldedgoat wrote:
I was referring to the woman in the second of the two stories in my OP.

Yes the Planned Parenthood representative who, speaking in an official capacity, stated that Planned Parenthood believes that the killing of a viable child in that situation is up to the woman and her physician.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 1 of 14

Jump to: