Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My Korean Court Case
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zyzyfer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralCali wrote:
NYC gal has a very good question for you. I think she might think you're Komerican. I don't. I think you're Thiessen.

I'd say you're right. Yet you keep coming back for more?

Ah well, I'm just glad it wasn't me who got sucked in this time. I get to kick back and enjoy the circus show.
Steelrails

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kinship wrote:
Quote:
Put up or shut up.

Already did that not going to rehash it.

No you didn't. You didn't supply any evidence about the situation. You have no eyewitness testimony. You have no physical evidence. You have no court documents or police reports.

You have raised a bit of doubt over the OP's statements. That's not evidence. That's doubt. Everything else you have would be inadmissible in court.

Therefore you have zero evidence. And nothing to base your opinion on. The reason you think this guy is making things up is because of past incidents involving foreigners in your personal experience. However "I think this black guy is guilty because I know some other black guy who did the same thing" is not evidence and it is not a basis for crime.

And you're too much of a coward to admit it.
CentralCali

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zyzyfer wrote:
CentralCali wrote:
NYC gal has a very good question for you. I think she might think you're Komerican. I don't. I think you're Thiessen.

I'd say you're right. Yet you keep coming back for more?

Well, at this point it's pretty much like an odd rendition of the Socratic Method. In that method, one assists the student in realizing that the student already knows the target knowledge for the current lesson by asking questions which build from the student's previously determined knowledge. With Thies...er, kinship, one simply asks the same questions one would ask a competent student, but kinship can only muster "I already proved it!" when, in fact, he has done no such thing.

Quote:
Ah well, I'm just glad it wasn't me who got sucked in this time. I get to kick back and enjoy the circus show.

I'm enjoying it a bit too much for my own good probably. What I worry about is those who might be swayed by his inanities. Oh, well, thus is life.
northway

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice that Dr. T is paying his annual visit. Hope he doesn't try to overstay his welcome.
hiamnotcool

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

northway wrote:
Nice that Dr. T is paying his annual visit. Hope he doesn't try to overstay his welcome.

This whole thing kicked off around page 3 or 4 where OP called him an idiot. The funny thing is he might have been right about the criminal record because OP said he still doesn't have one.
metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hiamnotcool wrote:
northway wrote:

This whole thing kicked off around page 3 or 4 where OP called him an idiot. The funny thing is he might have been right about the criminal record because OP said he still doesn't have one.

You're confusing me with someone else. Pretty sure I did not call anyone an idiot in this thread.
Konglishman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

metalhead wrote:
hiamnotcool wrote:
northway wrote:

You're confusing me with someone else. Pretty sure I did not call anyone an idiot in this thread.

It was Ben who made that comment about Thiessen, I mean Kinship. But really Kinship was already being obnoxious enough to earn that insult.
Weigookin74

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Benjamino wrote:
Ok, as Kinship pointed out waaaaay earlier I don't have a criminal record and now I've got in in black and white to prove it. He is right in that instance, fair play to the lad.

Strange turn of events as I paid a big fine given to me by a Korean court but it doesn't constitute a criminal record. I can't even begin to understand the logic of the Korean legal system but I am grateful in this instance.

So, I was given a 30 days notice letter from school telling my that under article 17 of my contract ' breaking the laws of Korea' I breached the contract.

However, I now have a sheet of paper from the police that says there is no record of me ever having broken the laws of Korea.

I am thinking labor board and the OP agrees with me.

Sweet! The best news I read all day. Good for you. Means he can't fire you. Get thee to the labor board or cut a deal with these effers to pull back the 30 day notice. Then move on once the contract is done. But, you'd prob want to get out of there. So, think of which you want to do.
Zyzyfer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weigookin74 wrote:
Sweet! The best news I read all day. Good for you. Means he can't fire you. Get thee to the labor board or cut a deal with these effers to pull back the 30 day notice. Then move on once the contract is done. But, you'd prob want to get out of there. So, think of which you want to do.

Yeah I would recommend seeing if an "amicable" break where Benjamino gets the necessary docs for transferring the visa or getting a new job or whatever is the best bet. Then get far, far away from whatever town he is in and move on past the incident.

CentralCali wrote:
I'm enjoying it a bit too much for my own good probably. What I worry about is those who might be swayed by his inanities. Oh, well, thus is life.

Heh heh, fair enough.
Moondoggy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

some waygug-in wrote:
The thing that Kinship's posts exhibit is a living, breathing example of the kind of attitudes that were/are faced by the OP and his buddy.

Good luck trying to convince him/her of anything.

Glad I left Korea.

kinship person is not the president of Korea even though he�s still so much smarter than you (and some other posters who have 2 digit IQs).
Don�t take yourself too seriously on the internet.
and yeah (50 mil people are) glad you left korea too. it's a win win situation so get on with your life.
Oh and probably the only reason why you�ve been posting on this forum for the past month is because you are so insecure about your new life back home and do know that teaching ESL in Korea does a lot of things better. And you miss Korea don�t you?
kinship

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So, I was given a 30 days notice letter from school telling my that under article 17 of my contract ' breaking the laws of Korea' I breached the contract.

However, I now have a sheet of paper from the police that says there is no record of me ever having broken the laws of Korea.

I am thinking labor board and the OP agrees with me.

Don't know if I said this earlier or not, the school can determine that you sullied their reputation and they can still fire you. Before going to the labor board I would use the chain of command at your school and see what is really going on.
some waygug-in

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moondoggy wrote:
some waygug-in wrote:
The thing that Kinship's posts exhibit is a living, breathing example of the kind of attitudes that were/are faced by the OP and his buddy.

Glad I left Korea.

kinship person is not the president of Korea even though he�s still so much smarter than you (and some other posters who have 2 digit IQs).
and yeah (50 mil people are) glad you left korea too. it's a win win situation so get on with your life.
Oh and probably the only reason why you�ve been posting on this forum for the past month is because you are so insecure about your new life back home and do know that teaching ESL in Korea does a lot of things better. And you miss Korea don�t you?

You got me there. I do miss the good things about Korea. I don't miss all the nonsense of working there though, and I especially don't miss
attitudes like yours.

Best of luck to you.
Steelrails

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moondoggy wrote:
some waygug-in wrote:

Glad I left Korea.

People like him, and it seems you, are the reason no one listens to me or some of the other apologists.

Well truthfully, my own bumblings are probably the reason no one listens to me, but regardless, you ain't making our lives easier. Seriously, you do realize that what you say confirms any reasonable persons worst fears about Korea and drives "apologists" like me into circling the wagons and siding with "bashers".
kinship

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moondoggy is entitled to his opinions and if those words influence apologists to side with the bashers of Korea then there is a problem with the apologist not moondoggy.
CentralCali

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone's entitled to an opinion. On the other hand, nobody is entitled to have an asinine opinion treated as though it's anything other than asinine.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 17 of 18

Jump to: