Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My Korean Court Case
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Los Angeloser

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

s.tickbeat wrote:
Have you contacted your embassy? The embassies can, and do, put pressure on the courts to pursue a fair(er) trial than they might otherwise do.

They'll also have a list of lawyers you could hire.

Not sure which embassy would do such a thing. Mine sure wouldn't Rolling Eyes Why do Koreans think my embassy cares about me or would get involved in a civil case or a criminal case that wouldn't even get me deported(since the fine is only 2 million Won)?

To the OP and partner in crime - Immigration won't deport you and if your MOE doesn't let you work then move to a different part of S. Korea and work for a different area/office/province but don't tell anyone. The only thing you tell anyone is that you're moving home as in your home country but...hehehe
Weigookin74

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

metalhead wrote:
Captain Corea wrote:
Or get a new lawyer. Is the one you have court appointed, or did you hire them, OP?

My Korean friend knows a lawyer here, so he contacted him and the lawyer was not interested and said that in a case like this, a court-appointed lawyer is better.

And I found out that the Korean guy went to my school yesterday, and now I have to meet with my VP tomorrow. It's never good meeting with him about this as he has taken the Korean guy's side it seems (in fact, my VP lied to me months ago and said that the court contacted him and said me and the Korean guy should both pay each other, but I must pay more because I am a teacher). So yes, that's something to look forward to.

I have just over four months to go then I am out of this place, so I hope it's not something bad tomorrow, maybe just another warning or something, for what, who knows?

And yes, I have contacted both my embassies (dual citizen), and just waiting for a reply. I ended up emailing them, rehashing the entire story on the phone would make me lose my voice at this point.

Really sad. Seems whoever screams the loudest gets their own way. Since you have nothing to lose, scream at the VP that he's a racist for taking the Korean's side because he's Korean. Scream at him that he's a liar and without any honor and integrity. Go to the POE and file a complaint about him for lying to you and being lazy. He was lazy because he told you whatever he thought would make it go away. Now, he's willing to throw you under a bus to make the guy leave him alone. I'd say ef it, get on a flight and go home. Do a midnight run. Don't let this racist *beep* restaurant guy get his money.
Moondoggy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Konglishman wrote:
Scorpion wrote:
Moondoggy wrote:

Very well put!
Just pack your belongings and go back home idiots. It's that simple.
Or move to some heavenly place like Switzerland and see how you're gonna get treated by the swiss people. Bunch of DBs.

This kind of post speaks volumes about Korea (and many Koreans). And it's one of the reasons that the OP isn't likely to get a fair trial.

Indeed, it does. Moondoggy is a gyopo with a romantic notion of Korea, who refuses to accept any criticism of Korea.

Yes, I have so much love for Korea and I hope that you all - even in the midst of your LBH status (learned this meaningful term from a stanford graduate� quite funny how the females label the males) and seemingly endless problems that you�ve been facing � learn to feel it too. A year-long sojourn in Korea had changed me forever and moving away from it was bittersweet but I will always remember the memories I made over there and carry on my K pride to my next life adventure.

Today is a great day because I have been accepted to my top choice graduate school and AWARDED A FELLOWSHIP. Yay!

Have a great weekend, Oppan LBH style.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJtHNEDnrnY
crescent

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

byrddogs wrote:
Moondoggy needs to move out of Mommy and Daddy's house.

He sounds like he could be Komerican's little pride and joy. Lot's of hot air. Zero practical experience.
rollo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Op should leave korea and look elsewhere. there is no way you will be happy in korea after this experience. Both Japan and China have far less racism and nonsense.

Poor moondoggy. he has topped out. Bragging about something that no Westerners cares about living with Mom and Dad. Only romantic experience he has ever had he paid for. very sad little gyopo.
hiamnotcool

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moondoggy wrote:
Konglishman wrote:
Scorpion wrote:
Moondoggy wrote:

Very well put!
Or move to some heavenly place like Switzerland and see how you're gonna get treated by the swiss people. Bunch of DBs.

This kind of post speaks volumes about Korea (and many Koreans). And it's one of the reasons that the OP isn't likely to get a fair trial.

Indeed, it does. Moondoggy is a gyopo with a romantic notion of Korea, who refuses to accept any criticism of Korea.

Yes, I have so much love for Korea and I hope that you all - even in the midst of your LBH status (learned this meaningful term from a stanford graduate� quite funny how the females label the males) and seemingly endless problems that you�ve been facing � learn to feel it too. A year-long sojourn in Korea had changed me forever and moving away from it was bittersweet but I will always remember the memories I made over there and carry on my K pride to my next life adventure.

Today is a great day because I have been accepted to my top choice graduate school and AWARDED A FELLOWSHIP. Yay!

So you are going to a SKY University right? Please don't tell us you are settling for anything other than a Korean graduate school.
byrddogs

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hiamnotcool wrote:
Moondoggy wrote:
Konglishman wrote:
Scorpion wrote:
Moondoggy wrote:

Very well put!

So you are going to a SKY University right? Please don't tell us you are settling for anything other than a Korean graduate school.

Yeah, for sure because as everyone knows those unis are so awesome. I work with a couple of English major graduates from SNU that teach Engrish where I am. Funny that my Chinese wife that only studied medicine at a lowly Chinese uni (high ranked for China) has on par with and possibly better English skills than them. Why?
Benjamino

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

byrddogs

I've been offered 12k In Beijing at an adult language school. Accom provided....yeh or nay?

It rises to 14K after three months so it's on a par with what I earn here in Korea.
rollo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Benjamino. thats not bad for Beijing. if the accom is okay and you watch your money. personally I do not like Beijing but I am not a big city person. Good for a start there is a lot of oppurtunity in Beijing.
rollo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Benjamino. thats not bad for Beijing. if the accom is okay and you watch your money. personally I do not like Beijing but I am not a big city person. Good for a start there is a lot of oppurtunity in Beijing. Beijing can be cheaper than Seoul, if you eat like a local and do not overdue the nightlife. That sounds like a good offer.
sendittheemail

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The OP and his friend are experiencing Korean style 'wealth redistribution'. It's when peasants see people with white skin, and all of the sudden images of money start rolling into their greedy little minds and they begin to scheme ways to extract it from you. Just be happy it's only 2 mil. I say pay the peasant his crybaby money, and move on. No sense in paying both a lawyer AND the fine.
lemak

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moondoggy wrote:
LBH

Quote:
LBH

Loud But Harmless.

A fart that is rather loud and noisy, yet the odor it produces is not very intense, if at all noticeable. The opposite of an SBD i.e. silent but deadly.
The charismatic Pentecostal preacher's sermon was majorly interrupted when someone in the audience cut loose a massive LBH that reverberated throughout the entire auditorium. The annoyed preacher then yelled at the culprit and demanded him to come on stage and lay on the floor face down so an exorcism can be performed on his buttocks.

Sounds like those imaginary Stanford chicks you're fantasizing about during your alone time are all class, mate. Do they even know you exist?
For what it's worth, a noisy, however largely ignorable fart....could just about be describing 99% of your posts on this site, lol.
Between the OP's story about being attacked and having the aggressors side together to use the legal system against him and your bitter and ugly racist outbursts it's a fine advertisement for your sparkling fatherland, mate.
newb

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Op my sympathies. Next time do as most Koreans do. You have to get very emotional and do a lots of screaming and whining to the offender, police, lawyer, and judge. Screaming and whining will get you ahead of the game. Oh, don't forget about lying. Honesty doesn't pay in most cases. Wink
Savant

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

newb wrote:
Op my sympathies. Next time do as most Koreans do. You have to get very emotional and do a lots of screaming and whining to the offender, police, lawyer, and judge. Screaming and whining will get you ahead of the game. Oh, don't forget about lying. Honesty doesn't pay in most cases. Wink

Funny that you say that. My Korean girlfriend is looking to get a new desktop and is deciding between Korean branded PCs (Samsung or LG) or trying to customize herself. She said that she will probably go with Samsung or LG because if there becomes a problem with it she can just go to the A/S centre and make a big scene about getting it fixed if they point to user error. Rather than face negative consequences/comments then they will fix it for free.

Newb's right! You need to become an emotional hyena to get your way here.
Wiltern

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rollo wrote:
Benjamino. thats not bad for Beijing. if the accom is okay and you watch your money. personally I do not like Beijing but I am not a big city person. Good for a start there is a lot of oppurtunity in Beijing. Beijing can be cheaper than Seoul, if you eat like a local and do not overdue the nightlife. That sounds like a good offer.

And apparently, China has no problem with English teachers who mangle their own language.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 5 of 18

Jump to: