Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Are F4 visa teachers registered (CRC,Degree) with Kimmi/MOE?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
proverbs

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Are F4 visa teachers registered (CRC,Degree) with Kimmi/MOE? Reply with quote

I just recently found a new job and the school needs my Apostille CRC and degree. I already submitted these documents to my school last year. After doing some research, the only information I can find is regarding the E2 visa transfers. It says to contact Kimmi/MOE to obtain a copy of the documents. When I asked my manager if I was registered, he had absolutely no clue what I was talking about (he is the new manager). How do I found out if the school submitted my documents to Kimmi/MOE? If they did, could I just obtain copies from their office and submit them to the school?

TIA!
FastForward

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Are F4 visa teachers registered (CRC,Degree) with Kimmi/ Reply with quote

proverbs wrote:
I just recently found a new job and the school needs my Apostille CRC and degree. I already submitted these documents to my school last year. After doing some research, the only information I can find is regarding the E2 visa transfers. It says to contact Kimmi/MOE to obtain a copy of the documents. When I asked my manager if I was registered, he had absolutely no clue what I was talking about (he is the new manager). How do I found out if the school submitted my documents to Kimmi/MOE? If they did, could I just obtain copies from their office and submit them to the school?

TIA!

Since you are on an F4 visa the CBC and degree would be submitted to the MOE. There are different MOE's in different areas. So if you submitted these documents to your last school, hopefully it was in the same area as your new school. If it is in a different jurisdiction then you need to get both again. At least this is my understanding when I asked the same question.
ttompatz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

correct

proverbs

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your reply -- but I'm very confused.

I'm currently working in Yongin, but my new position is in Seoul. Does this mean I have to start from scratch and re-apply to get the Apostilled diploma and FBI CRC? I would not be able to get a copy from the MOE in Yongin and submit those to the MOE in Seoul? How specific is the same jurisdiction -- they are both in Gyeonggi, can this mean that I'm clear?
FastForward

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

proverbs wrote:
Thank you for your reply -- but I'm very confused.

I'm currently working in Yongin, but my new position is in Seoul. Does this mean I have to start from scratch and re-apply to get the Apostilled diploma and FBI CRC? I would not be able to get a copy from the MOE in Yongin and submit those to the MOE in Seoul? How specific is the same jurisdiction -- they are both in Gyeonggi, can this mean that I'm clear?

I believe there is a MOE for Gyeonggi and one for Seoul. You would have to get a new FBI CBC and apostilled diploma.ttompatz can give you more information if I am incorrect. I have never worked in Seoul, so I'm not 100% sure, but typically Seoul has everything of its own.
ttompatz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seoul and Gyeonggi are NOT the same jurisdiction any more than Seoul is a city within Gyeonggi.

Move. Get a job. If the MOE wants your CBC they will ask for it.

proverbs

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help.

I actually already got the job, but the school said the final step is for me to submit my documents to them. After doing my research, I thought I would have to just obtain copies from the MOE and hand it to the school. However, both of you are saying I need to do everything all over again to be registered with the MOE in Seoul.

Wow, this is a complete bummer. So E2 applicants do not have to do this when signing with a new school in a different location correct? My guess is because they are registered with Kimmi and not the MOE??
ttompatz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

proverbs wrote:
Thanks for the help.

I actually already got the job, but the school said the final step is for me to submit my documents to them. After doing my research, I thought I would have to just obtain copies from the MOE and hand it to the school. However, both of you are saying I need to do everything all over again to be registered with the MOE in Seoul.

Wow, this is a complete bummer. So E2 applicants do not have to do this when signing with a new school in a different location correct? My guess is because they are registered with Kimmi and not the MOE??

Kimmi vets the documents and confirms the eligibility (degree/passport/CBC) of the E2 "teachers" and after the teacher has arrived will issue copies that the MOE accepts since Kimmi has to clear/approve them (as workers) before they even get to Korea.

Since Kimmi is not involved in the process for Koreans or F-visa holders then the task falls to the MOE / POEs to verify/confirm the eligibility of the "teacher" and verify the documents.

ALL teachers, regardless of nationality (Korean or foreign) or visa status (D,E,F) are required to be "registered" with the MOE although D6 (religion visa) teachers often fall through the cracks since they often "teach" in a Church.

FastForward

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have two questions regarding this process. When you start working at the school and need to turn in the documents, do you just hand them to the school and they submit them? Also, how long before you have to get this done?

And did they ever decide if we need to submit the CBC every year or once it is on file you are good to go?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: