Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Receiving your CELTA certificate.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Winterkalte

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:08 am    Post subject: Receiving your CELTA certificate. Reply with quote

I completed the CELTA course three and a half months at a Cambridge approved centre. I was told we would be contacted two months after the course was completed. So far no one from my course has been contacted. We have sent countless emails to both the Cambridge and the centre, and they have been ignored.

Did anyone out there have to wait this long to receive ytheir certificate? If you recently finished the course, have you already received you certificate?
young_clinton

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most likely reason is they are seriously backlogged.
mayorhaggar

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finished my CELTA course at the end of August. About a month later I got a letter from my instructor stating I'd passed, and about 3 or 4 weeks after that (late October I think) I got my certificate which was sent certified US mail and had to be signed for. I would call the home office of the school you got yours from, I got mine from Teaching House which is based in NYC.
JamesYoungChoi

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Odd, I completed my 1-month CELTA in December and received my certificate mid-Jan.

Having said that the course I did was in the UK so i guess that sped things up a wee bit
PREEST

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:37 am    Post subject: Re: Receiving your CELTA certificate. Reply with quote

Winterkalte wrote:
I completed the CELTA course three and a half months at a Cambridge approved centre. I was told we would be contacted two months after the course was completed. So far no one from my course has been contacted. We have sent countless emails to both the Cambridge and the centre, and they have been ignored.

Did anyone out there have to wait this long to receive ytheir certificate? If you recently finished the course, have you already received you certificate?

Dude, do you know how many people around the world do CELTA? A lot. As one poster said, they will be back logged. Did your tutors not tell you it will take a while to receive your certificate? It took about two months to receive mine. What you need, and which still has the same validity, is an approved notice of completion signed by your tutors. You can use this to apply for jobs while you wait for your certificate.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: