Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Will I need another apostilled FBI CBC?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chaz47

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:43 am    Post subject: Will I need another apostilled FBI CBC? Reply with quote

I submitted my current draconian affidavit of innocence in November of 2010 and have not left the ROK for longer than 3 weeks since that time. However, I have since transferred from that school to another and finished that contract in May of 2012. I returned to Korea in June of 2012 and was able to transfer that visa to a new job which I am currently at and very satisfied with. I will most likely stay if they let me fly home to see family and get me a quieter accommodation. My big question is... do I need to get another check and all the various stamps? My manager says 'no', I can just extend again... I however have my doubts it could be so easy.

Also, if it is necessary, is there a legitimate one-stop online agency I can pay to do the paperwork for me? The recruiter that hooked me up with this gig sent me a link to a place once that she said could do all of the legwork for me to the tune of $400.
ttompatz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Extension of status of sojourn (same employer),
transfer of status of sojourn (to a new employer),
change of status to D10 (looking for work)

= you will not need another copy of the CBC with stamps.

lynnli

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:23 am    Post subject: Re: Will I need another apostilled FBI CBC? Reply with quote

That's a lot.

Found this link: http://forums.eslcafe.com/korea/viewtopic.php?t=202047

They do it for a lot less. Degree or FBI check.

chaz47 wrote:
I submitted my current draconian affidavit of innocence in November of 2010 and have not left the ROK for longer than 3 weeks since that time. However, I have since transferred from that school to another and finished that contract in May of 2012. I returned to Korea in June of 2012 and was able to transfer that visa to a new job which I am currently at and very satisfied with. I will most likely stay if they let me fly home to see family and get me a quieter accommodation. My big question is... do I need to get another check and all the various stamps? My manager says 'no', I can just extend again... I however have my doubts it could be so easy.

Also, if it is necessary, is there a legitimate one-stop online agency I can pay to do the paperwork for me? The recruiter that hooked me up with this gig sent me a link to a place once that she said could do all of the legwork for me to the tune of $400.
chaz47

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttompatz wrote:

Is it possible to call Immigration, give them my foreigner registration number and verify this? I may end up shelling out some of my own cash to change apartments earlier than the start of my next contract in June. So, I'd really like something concrete before I part with said hard-earned won.
ttompatz

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chaz47 wrote:
ttompatz wrote:

Is it possible to call Immigration, give them my foreigner registration number and verify this? I may end up shelling out some of my own cash to change apartments earlier than the start of my next contract in June. So, I'd really like something concrete before I part with said hard-earned won.

Yes, you can call but I would suggest that you go in... calls tend to be unreliable for that sort of information.

chaz47

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttompatz wrote:
chaz47 wrote:
ttompatz wrote:

Yes, you can call but I would suggest that you go in... calls tend to be unreliable for that sort of information.

That's a dubious proposition. I'm in Busan and they don't really savvy English here. I've been asking my manager to verify it for a week but...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: