Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

EPIK Self Medical Assessment & Cerebral Palsy
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ttompatz

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking more along the lines of secondary musculoskeletal problems that arise as a result of the underlying disorder that could be problematic getting proper treatment for in Korea.

kinship

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His case doesn't sound too severe and I do not think he is planning on spending 10 years in the country but Koreans do have victims of cerebal palsy thus I am sure they have treatments available for secondary ailments for him if necessary.

Here is a good link to read:

http://cerebralpalsy.org/about-cerebral-palsy/conditions/

Quote:
An individual may also have health conditions, called co-mitigating factors, which co-exist with cerebral palsy but are unrelated to it. Unlike associative conditions, researchers have not concluded these conditions have a high correlation with cerebral palsy, but the multi-disciplinary treatment team will take co-mitigating factors into consideration when forming a comprehensive treatment plan for a child with cerebral palsy.

This quote addresses your point

Quote:
Cerebral palsy is non-progressive, meaning the brain damage or malformation will not progress in severity. However, conditions resulting from the brain damage may develop and change over time. Over the course of the person�s life, he or she may encounter any number of associative or co-mitigating factors.

Impairments can change with � or without � proper management. As a person ages, the muscular-skeletal structure may age prematurely depending on postural conditions, care, treatment and therapy. Other health conditions or life circumstances may also affect the child�s condition over time. These can include access to health care, health insurance benefits, exposure to toxins, new health conditions, socialization, exercise, and traumatic accidents or events.

'flare-ups' was the wrong word to use. Koreans have good treatment facilities I doubt he would be in much danger and it would depend upon what activities he became involved in. I think the OP is intelligent enough to know what he needs and where to find treatment and would research Korea's medical offerings to make sure he would be safe.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: