Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DELTA Certification?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NYC_Gal 2.0

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:54 am    Post subject: DELTA Certification? Reply with quote

I know that it's too late for this year, but I'm interested in doing a DELTA intensive next winter. Does anyone know of any good courses in the Seoul/Incheon area? I'd prefer to do the 2-month intensive, but could do a part-time one if that's all that's available, though I'd likely start sooner then.
artyom

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't believe that there are any places in Korea that do the Delta - I presume you are talking about module 2. I could be wrong, but I'm fairly certain that there's nowhere to do the course onsite.

For modules 1 and 3, they are just an exam and a written assignment respectively. I believe that you can do the exam at the British Council in Seoul for a fee. For modules 1 and 3 you don't actually need to do any courses, you can just apply for the exam and assignment on your own, however I would strongly recommend doing the courses. You might like to look into the distance Delta for the online courses, and this will just mean that you need to find somewhere to do module 2 - as I said, I don't believe that there is any place that you can do this in Korea.

You can do the modules in any order, and are certificated for completing each module. Once you pass all three, you are awarded the Delta. If you did decide to do the online courses (module 1 and 3) with the Distance Delta, you wouldn't necessarily have to do module 2 with them.
NYC_Gal 2.0

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have to do a bit more research. I may do that online option for modules 1 and 3. I didn't even know that that was an option, as I had been under the impression that it was an intensive course that took 2 or 3 months if full time, from what I read at least. It would be even better if I could do them part time over the course of this year. Then I could focus only on module 2 next winter. Thanks for your info.
diver

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYC_Gal 2.0 wrote:
I'll have to do a bit more research. I may do that online option for modules 1 and 3. I didn't even know that that was an option, as I had been under the impression that it was an intensive course that took 2 or 3 months if full time, from what I read at least. It would be even better if I could do them part time over the course of this year. Then I could focus only on module 2 next winter. Thanks for your info.

AFAIK, you can't do Mod 2 in Korea. The British Council offers it, but only to their employees (you can do the exam for Mod 1 there though).
ttompatz

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Google "distance delta" or

check the Cambridge ESOL website.
http://cambridgeesol-centres.org/centres/teaching/index.do for options to do the DELTA.

diver

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might be able to sneak into Mod 1 offered by the Distance Delta starting on March 3. Bell International offer it as well, but it is more expensive than The Distance Delta. Add i posted earlier, you CAN do the Mod 1 exam at the Brush Council in Seoul.

There are several options for doing Mod 2. International House in Barcelona had a very good reputation.
NYC_Gal 2.0

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to start it in March, because I'll be starting a new job then and would like to get settled into the routine for a semester, which is why I'd like to do it in the autumn or winter. I'll definitely look into the distance one for mod 1 for September. Thank you all.
diver

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYC_Gal 2.0 wrote:
I don't want to start it in March, because I'll be starting a new job then and would like to get settled into the routine for a semester, which is why I'd like to do it in the autumn or winter. I'll definitely look into the distance one for mod 1 for September. Thank you all.

Check your PM. Smile

Just an FYI, it is now Delta, not DELTA. They dropped the acronym in favor of the word "Delta" to remove the "A for adults" connotation.
NYC_Gal 2.0

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw that when I was researching, but figured that more people would know what I was talking about if they saw it in all caps.

Thanks for the PM!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: