Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

After School Teaching Positions....good idea or no?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thebearofbundang

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I also think 1 person above might have exaggerated the ease of after schools. Well, he said no parent ever wrote anything other than perfect in all of his 4 open classes, which wasn't my experience. you will have a few complaints in a year, which usually means the parent complains about something to your coteacher.

I wrote that and I stand by it. I also made it clear that it was only my experience that I was talking about. I am sure that there are some parents who might have given me a 'satisfactory' if I was at a different school, but in my open classes they only ever checked 'good' or 'perfect' boxes. I'm not saying I am a perfect teacher, just that they never complained or gave me a negative score. I never heard any complaints from my co-teacher. Doesn't mean she didn't get them I suppose, I just never heard any.

The standard for AS teachers is so low when compared to Hogwans and Public school teachers as well. Parents paid 80,000 a month for their child to attend 5 days a week for an hour. Compare that price to Hogwons and the parents don't complain about much because they know it's an amazing deal for them.

Look professional, act professional and use your education qualifications to your advantage (I would post my qualifications outside of the classroom for all to see along with my contact info) and parents won't give you any problems.
s.tickbeat

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I work for Education & Vision Co. PM me.
happiness

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="thebearofbundang"]
Quote:
I
The standard for AS teachers is so low when compared to Hogwans and Public school teachers as well. Parents paid 80,000 a month for their child to attend 5 days a week for an hour. Compare that price to Hogwons and the parents don't complain about much because they know it's an amazing deal for them.

mines 100000, and Ive heard some parents want it even cheaper. its a great deal for them.
but were outside of Seoul, its "country:"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: