Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Piers Morgan "OWNED" on youtube.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Quack Addict

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

12ax7 wrote:
Quack Addict wrote:
12ax7 wrote:
Dodge7 wrote:
Morgan is a hack and from what I gather wasn't very well liked in England, either.

Even hacks are right sometimes.

Morgan isn't at all right on this topic. It's not a gun issue, it's a mental health issue.

He asks why people want an AR-15 with 100 round clip? The answer...because they think it's cool! Good enough.

That's over simplistic. Take the guns out of the equation and you wouldn't have had massacres.

Like I said before. It's a mental health issue. All these madmen were on meds and seeing shrinks. If not guns then bombs. If not bombs then something else.

You can't punish 'law abiding citizens' for the actions of crazy people.
madoka

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Piers Morgan "OWNED" on youtube. Reply with quote

SMKOREA wrote:
I'm not American or British. As a bystander watching the gun debate in America, why do 90 % of comments on youtube say Morgan is wrong/retarded.
A lot of what he says makes complete sense.

Educate me...

"America is a country founded on guns. It's in our DNA. It's very strange but I feel better having a gun. I really do. I don't feel safe, I don't feel the house is completely safe, if I don't have one hidden somewhere. That's my thinking, right or wrong."
- Brad Pitt

�I think that you can't start to pick apart anything out of the Bill of Rights without thinking that it's all going to become undone.� �If you take one out or change one law, then why wouldn't they take all your rights away from you?�
- Bruce Willis

�I think the biggest problem, seriously, is not so much guns.� �It's that every one of these people that have done these things in the past 30 years are friggin' crazy. Really crazy! And that's where we've dropped the ball: mental health. That to me is our biggest problem in the future, is insanity coupled with isolation.�
- Slyvester Stallone

"I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it."
- Clint Eastwood

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."
- James Earl Jones

"In England, if you commit a crime, the police don't have a gun and you don't have a gun. If you commit a crime, the police will say 'Stop, or I'll say stop again.'"
- Robin Williams

And an Englishman:

"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."
- George Orwell
12ax7

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quack Addict wrote:
12ax7 wrote:
Quack Addict wrote:
12ax7 wrote:
Dodge7 wrote:
Morgan is a hack and from what I gather wasn't very well liked in England, either.

Morgan isn't at all right on this topic. It's not a gun issue, it's a mental health issue.

He asks why people want an AR-15 with 100 round clip? The answer...because they think it's cool! Good enough.

That's over simplistic. Take the guns out of the equation and you wouldn't have had massacres.

Like I said before. It's a mental health issue. All these madmen were on meds and seeing shrinks. If not guns then bombs. If not bombs then something else.

Explain to me why they picked guns, not bombs. After all, bombs are much more destructive.
Quack Addict

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

12ax7 wrote:
Quack Addict wrote:
12ax7 wrote:
Quack Addict wrote:
12ax7 wrote:
Dodge7 wrote:

Explain to me why they picked guns, not bombs. After all, bombs are much more destructive.

And how would I do that?
Quack Addict

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A) Guns have only two enemies: rust and politicians.

B) It�s always better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

C) Cops carry guns to protect themselves, not you.

D) Never let someone or something that threatens you get inside arms length.

E) Never say �I�ve got a gun.� If you need to use deadly force, the first sound they hear should be the safety clicking off.

F) The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

G) The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win � cheat if necessary.

H) Make your attacker advance through a wall of bullets�You may get killed with your own gun, but he�ll have to beat you to death with it, cause it�ll be empty.

I) If you�re in a gun fight:
If you�re not shooting, you should be loading.
If you�re not loading, you should be moving.
If you�re not shooting, moving or loading, you�re probably dead.

J) In a life and death situation, do something�It may be wrong, but do something!

K) If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense! If you have a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?

L) You can say �stop� or �alto� or any other word, but a large bore muzzle pointed at someone�s head is pretty much a universal language.

M) You cannot save the planet, but you may be able to save yourself and your family.

�Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading,� � Thomas Jefferson
12ax7

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quack Addict wrote:
12ax7 wrote:
Quack Addict wrote:
12ax7 wrote:
Quack Addict wrote:
12ax7 wrote:
Dodge7 wrote:

And how would I do that?

As if you don't have a clue.
Steelrails

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

12ax7 wrote:
Quack Addict wrote:
12ax7 wrote:
Dodge7 wrote:

You call the posters response over-simplistic and then write an answer like THAT? 'Take guns out of the equation and you wouldn't have had massacres' is an overly-simplistic statement as evidenced by the poster who mentioned the Daegu subway incident.
Quack Addict

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

12ax7 wrote:
Quack Addict wrote:
12ax7 wrote:
Quack Addict wrote:
12ax7 wrote:
Quack Addict wrote:
12ax7 wrote:
Dodge7 wrote:

And how would I do that?

Go to any American city and put on a button that says, "Proudly Unarmed"...see what happens.
Fox

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What would happen?
12ax7

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelrails wrote:
12ax7 wrote:
Quack Addict wrote:
12ax7 wrote:
Dodge7 wrote:

You call the posters response over-simplistic and then write an answer like THAT? 'Take guns out of the equation and you wouldn't have had massacres' is an overly-simplistic statement as evidenced by the poster who mentioned the Daegu subway incident.

How often do things like that happen in South Korea? How often do these massacres occur in the US?
12ax7

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quack Addict wrote:
12ax7 wrote:
Quack Addict wrote:
12ax7 wrote:
Quack Addict wrote:
12ax7 wrote:
Quack Addict wrote:
12ax7 wrote:
Dodge7 wrote:

And how would I do that?

Go to any American city and put on a button that says, "Proudly Unarmed"...see what happens.

You're dodging my question...and as Fox said, what would happen?
SMKOREA

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even the Alex Jones interview, where Jones made a complete fool of himself, he apparently "owned" Morgan.

I'm assuming the people uploading the videos are gun nuts. As well as most of the people watching.
12ax7

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SMKOREA wrote:
Even the Alex Jones interview, where Jones made a complete fool of himself, he apparently "owned" Morgan.

I'm assuming the people uploading the videos are gun nuts. As well as most of the people watching.

You have a different interpretation of the video than I do. What I saw was a coward who kept dodging the questions, always diverting. I guess you didn't notice the part where he took the bait and went off on a rant about one of his conspiracy theories, leaving any level-headed viewer with a clear impression of what he does: promoting fear and lunacy for profit.
geldedgoat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Youtubers, in my experience, aren't looking for legitimate discourse; they're looking for quick, easy validation of opinions they already hold.

You'll find similarly stupid titles for exchanges involving just about every single political topic from just about every single possible angle.
hiamnotcool

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

12ax7 wrote:
Steelrails wrote:
12ax7 wrote:
Quack Addict wrote:
12ax7 wrote:
Dodge7 wrote:

How often do things like that happen in South Korea? How often do these massacres occur in the US?

If you are talking about the amount of massacres that occur I think you will have to look at a number of factors, not just guns. One massacre in a country with strict gun control is enough to show that gun control will not prevent them from happening.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: