Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How long for Immigration to issue a Visa number??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PREEST

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: How long for Immigration to issue a Visa number?? Reply with quote

My new school wants me to fly to Korea before the end of february. However my recruiter informed me that the director has not yet submitted the documents to immiration and that once she does it can take upto two weeks for a visa number to be issued. From recieving my Visa number I then have to send it to the consulate which takes a a few days (the closest consulate to me is in another city).

Considering this, I sincerely doubt I can get my visa before the end of Feb.

How long does it usually take for the visa number to be issued?

Also, can I expect that the school will try get me to fly to Korea before the end of feb without my E-2 visa and to then do some kind of Visa run to Japan?
ttompatz

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Re: How long for Immigration to issue a Visa number?? Reply with quote

PREEST wrote:
My new school wants me to fly to Korea before the end of february. However my recruiter informed me that the director has not yet submitted the documents to immiration and that once she does it can take upto two weeks for a visa number to be issued. From recieving my Visa number I then have to send it to the consulate which takes a a few days (the closest consulate to me is in another city).

Considering this, I sincerely doubt I can get my visa before the end of Feb.

How long does it usually take for the visa number to be issued?

Also, can I expect that the school will try get me to fly to Korea before the end of feb without my E-2 visa and to then do some kind of Visa run to Japan?

a) 12-21 days from sending your documents to getting on the plane with your visa in your passport. Kimmi usually takes 4-10 working days to process a visa confirmation number and the consulates take from overnight to 4 days. Add in mailing time as well.

Doing that is always has some risk, especially at a hagwon since it literally doubles their costs to get you.

SOMETIMES they will get people in on a tourist stamp, work them (illegally) for a month or two and then cut the NET loose (with no real recourse as an illegal worker) when things don't go according to their initial plans.

PREEST

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback! So would you expect them to get me over before March (which is when they said they need me) even if I can't get a visa on time?
I guess they could just wait until early march but that would mean they have to cover my classes until I arrive.

All my documents are with the director of the school. It just all depends on how fast I can get that visa number. Everything is very last minute.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: