Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Never seen a K-Drama Where do I start.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nora

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

andrewchon wrote:
Start with the most famous one: Winter Sonata. This one made the male protagonist a sex-symbol in Japan. Made Chinese women romanticising about Korea. After all these years, it still is the standard bearer of Hallyu.

Yeah, start with this one if your ovaries are sore. Wink

The Sands of Time or Sandglass (모래시계) is great if you're a man. It's about Korea through the 70's and early 80's. Political intrigue, rich crushing the poor, students getting killed, friends going separate ways. Totally boss.

Winter Sonata is good too. I just hated my students telling me about it when it was originally on. UGH. This show is from the mid 90's though, so none of your students would have seen it (unless you teach adults).
overdrive2023x

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spaceman82 wrote:

I may have to check A Gentleman's Dignity out. I liked Iris but got into after they stopped showing it on TV much and could never find it on at the right times. Any options other than downloading for keeping up with this kind of stuff? DVDs at Yongsan or anything like that?

Internet man. Hulu has both I think.
spaceman82

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

overdrive2023x wrote:
spaceman82 wrote:

I may have to check A Gentleman's Dignity out. I liked Iris but got into after they stopped showing it on TV much and could never find it on at the right times. Any options other than downloading for keeping up with this kind of stuff? DVDs at Yongsan or anything like that?

Internet man. Hulu has both I think.

Yeah, I've been able to get them on sites like Hulu (Daily Motion, etc.), but the screen on my laptop is way too small and it's hard to get a feed that doesn't lag (at least with my internet connection). I may just break down and download if I can get one of those cords to connect my laptop and TV.

Last edited by spaceman82 on Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
KimchiNinja

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nora wrote:
andrewchon wrote:
Start with the most famous one: Winter Sonata. This one made the male protagonist a sex-symbol in Japan. Made Chinese women romanticising about Korea. After all these years, it still is the standard bearer of Hallyu.

Yeah, start with this one if your ovaries are sore. Wink

Or..."The Snow Queen".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: