Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LAPD looking to execute cop killer on sight
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madoka

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: LAPD looking to execute cop killer on sight Reply with quote

Long story short. Ex-cop files a report that he saw another cop kick a mentally handicapped suspect in the head. He is fired for filing a false report. He snaps, writes a 20 page manifesto and starts killing people. First kills the daughter and future son-in-law of the lawyer who represented him at his hearing. Then he shoots two cops and kills one of them.

Now the LAPD are told to look out for the suspect who is a 6 foot tall, 270 lb. black man in a grey Nissan Titan pick-up. LAPD misidentify two elderly Asian women driving a bright blue Toyota Tacoma as the suspect and open fire. Here is what their truck looked like:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2013/02/ex-cop-manhunt-newspaper-delivery-women-shot.html

In a separate incident, they shot up another pick-up in a different city. It seems pretty obvious they don't mean to take this guy in alive if they're willing to shoot on sight so freely.
Titus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read his manifesto. He pontificates on everything.

Quote:
Christopher Walz, you impressed me in Inglorious Basterds. After viewing Django Unchained, I was sold. I have come to the conclusion that you are well on your way to becoming one of the greats if not already and show glimpses of Daniel Day Lewis and Morgan Freeman-esque type qualities of greatness. Trust me when I say that you will be one of the greatest ever.

http://isteve.blogspot.com/2013/02/dorner-unchained-nyt-inquires-if.html
Quote:
From "Dorner Unchained" to "Dorner Explained:" NYT ponders whether LAPD had it coming

There haven't been enough wacko shootings so far in 2013, so the air has been slowly leaking from gun control momentum since the Newtown peak. You might think that L.A. lunatic Christopher Dorner would be an excellent example to pump back up the panic over Nuts-With-Guns. But, instead, because Dorner mentioned the R Word, Attention Must Be Paid to his reasons, just as with Connecticut shooter Omar Thornton in 2010.
Titus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a crazy bastard:

http://www.tmz.com/2013/02/07/lapd-cop-killer-christopher-dorner-tim-tebow-charlie-sheen-larry-david/

Quote:
Anthony Bourdain, you�re a modern renaissance man who epitomizes the saying �too cool for school�.

Quote:
Margaret Cho... you are THE MOST beautiful women on this planet, period. Never settle, professionally or personally."

Cho is the most beautiful woman on the planet? This guy is completely bonkers:

http://cdn.ph.upi.com/sv/upi/UPI-59411286331791/2010/1/044dee843d000d9b9ece0d83951b1cfa/Margaret-Cho-booted-from-DWTS.jpg
comm

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You want to see the really f***d up part?
Check out this story and watch the video. The still photo in the video shows FAR more bullet holes than the HD photo in the OP's link.

Quote:
The series of mistakes leading up to the incident are now the subject of a department inquiry. The truck the women were driving was not a Nissan Titan like Dorner's, but a Toyota Tacoma. The vehicle was aqua blue, not gray like Dorner�s, the Times reported.
A lawyer for the women said they did not hear any verbal warning before they were fired on.
At least seven officers opened fire on the vehicle, law enforcement sources told the Times.

Firing on the right make/model/color of truck without any warning or investigation would be unacceptable. Obviously this is much worse. And now the U.S. police want drones... why use 60+ rounds of ammunition when you can kill innocent Americans with 1 hellfire missile?

Would the women have been justified in shooting back?
Titus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah the government is completely out of control. Should these trends continue for 5, 10, 20 more years eventually there will be a catastrophe.
Fox

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

comm wrote:

They would probably be dead if they had shot back. I do not see how what amounts to suicide-revenge would improve the situation. Do not get me wrong, though, I agree with you that there is an enormous problem here; a problem made worse precisely because behavior which would otherwise be self-preservatory (fighting back when attacked by hostiles with no legitimate grievance against you) becomes instead damning.
sirius black

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually believe that we no longer live in a free and fair Republic. I think most of us are under the illusion we are a free people.
Privacy as is defined and expected in our bill of rights and constitution is gone. As is a few other rights.
Yes, I may sound like some member of some Idaho militia but the facts support my view. The government can, has and is monitoring our private communication that was always thought to be sacrosanct.
Other rights are either greatly reduced, gone or can be taken if certain things happen.
We were the last bastion of true freedom. Now they are none.
comm

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fox wrote:
comm wrote:

They would probably be dead if they had shot back. I do not see how what amounts to suicide-revenge would improve the situation.

I didn't ask if it was a good idea, only if it would be justified.
Certainly seems like it to me.
Titus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Yes, I may sound like some member of some Idaho militia but the facts support my view.

...!...
No_hite_pls

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like LA Cops just started shooting again.

Quote:
David Perdue was on his way to sneak in some surfing before work Thursday morning when police flagged him down. They asked who he was and where he was headed, then sent him on his way.

Seconds later, Perdue's attorney said, a Torrance police cruiser slammed into his pickup and officers opened fire; none of the bullets struck Perdue.

His pickup, police later explained, matched the description of the one belonging to Christopher Jordan Dorner � the ex-cop who has evaded authorities after allegedly killing three and wounding two more. But the pickups were different makes and colors. And Perdue looks nothing like Dorner: He's several inches shorter and about a hundred pounds lighter. And Perdue is white; Dorner is black.

All I can say is wow.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-torrance-shooting-20130210,0,3955268.story?track=rss
comm

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No_hite_pls wrote:
All I can say is wow.
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-torrance-shooting-20130210,0,3955268.story?track=rss

Quote:
In a statement to The Times, the department said: "The circumstances of the incident known to the responding officers would have led a reasonable officer under normal circumstances � and these were far from normal circumstances � to believe that fellow officers were being shot at and that the vehicle traveling toward them posed a serious risk.

"In the split seconds available to them," the statement continued, "action was appropriate to intervene and stop the actions of the driver of that vehicle."

lol, that's right ladies and gentlemen.
When deciding whether or not to use deadly force against an unidentified civilian, the LAPD is bound by the same doctrine as South Park. They have to yell "Look out! It's coming right for us!" and then they're free to open fire. Sure, you've already been stopped and investigated by one of the few rational police on the force, but that's not going to stop the others from "behaving appropriately" by smashing your car and trying to kill you.

Dorner killed obviously innocent people, he is not a good guy. But some of these mad dogs on the LAPD need to be put down before innocent people (or innocent cops) start dying.
12ax7

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee. They are trying to prevent people from starting to look at them differently because the killer is an ex-cop, and failing miserably.
Kuros

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fugitive alleged LAPD-killer is first drone target on U.S. soil
Fox

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kuros wrote:
Fugitive alleged LAPD-killer is first drone target on U.S. soil

Remember that robot dog from Fahrenheit 451 that hunted people by scent and killed them with a poison needle? The future Americans are going to be living with is that dog with wings. It's only a matter of time.

Honestly the entire concept of drones is starting to deeply disturb me; not just what they do, but what they are. They make it too easy. Oh sure, the psychological impacts of participation in violence -- high stress levels, PTSD and the like -- are still present, but the personal risk is not, and something about that rings wrong to me. If killing someone is not worth personally risking your life over, perhaps you shouldn't be doing it; it should be no surprise that when killing becomes so casually easy, although the language used to justify it revolves around "imminent threats" dealt with as a last resort, the reality becomes otherwise.
Steelrails

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titus wrote:
What a crazy bastard:

http://www.tmz.com/2013/02/07/lapd-cop-killer-christopher-dorner-tim-tebow-charlie-sheen-larry-david/

Quote:
Anthony Bourdain, you�re a modern renaissance man who epitomizes the saying �too cool for school�.

Quote:
Margaret Cho... you are THE MOST beautiful women on this planet, period. Never settle, professionally or personally."

Cho is the most beautiful woman on the planet? This guy is completely bonkers:

http://cdn.ph.upi.com/sv/upi/UPI-59411286331791/2010/1/044dee843d000d9b9ece0d83951b1cfa/Margaret-Cho-booted-from-DWTS.jpg

That's not what he wrote. Sorry to get agitated, but what you did was a personal pet peeve of mine- you took a quote incredibly out of context and on top of that, further dumbed it down.

Here is the actual quote-

"Jennifer Beals, Serena Williams, Grae Drake, Lisa Nicole-Carson, Diana Taurasi, N'bushe Wright, Brenda Villa, Kate Winslet, Ashley Graham, Erika Christensen, Gabrielle Union, Isabella Soprano, Zain Verjee, Tamron Hall, Gina Carano, America Ferrara, Giana Michaels, Nene, Natalie Portman, Queen Latifah, Michelle Rodriguez, Anjelah Johnson, Kelly Clarkson, Nora Jones, Laura Prepon, Margaret Cho, and Rutina Wesley, you are THE MOST beautiful women on this planet, period. Never settle, professionally or personally."

And when analyzing someone's mental state, don't project your own tastes and standards of beauty. Clearly he is going beyond a superficial Playboy Playmate of the Month standard of beauty.

The man claims to be suffering from depression, but that does not make him crazy. In fact he seems to be rather self-aware.

But otherwise, yeah, he's got an extreme 'honor' complex.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: