Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How Are Thai women?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
itiswhatitis

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:56 am    Post subject: How Are Thai women? Reply with quote

I'm planning a trip to Thailand soon.

I am 30, white, exactly 6 feet, slim and muscular and handsome (not in a rugged way but in a somewhat effeminate way and not just because mom says so).

People tell me what Thai women (and not just the whores) are friendly to western men in general but that I would especially stand out. I've been told to go to coffee shops and read and approach in order to spend time with and have a good time with a Thai women.

Is it really fairly easy?

Thanks!!!
ttompatz

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, at the coffee shop next to the Nana hotel and across the street from Nana Plaza on Sukumvit soi 4, down by Soi cowboy or all along the street by Patpong.

Lots of girls down there looking to get their claws into a falang BF / husband.

young_clinton

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Thai culture and way of looking at things is extremely different. No other country is more different than Thailand. Unless your relationship begins professionally somehow, your girlfriend will be using you for money. They are very skilled at doing that by the way, using foreigners for money while making them think that they love them. Many farangs come to Thailand for easy love and end out becoming Pattaya divers (off of tall buildings) after the bank account is deleted and the girlfriend runs of with her pimp boyfriend.
lemak

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the girls in the coffee shop at the Grace Hotel on Suk Soi 3 are pure, innocent and virginal, however please don't give foreigners in Bangkok a bad rap by being unkind and disreputable, sir!!!
Brooks

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I heard of two guys who ended up with men dressed as women.
They couldn`t tell as they were too drunk.
Both were British.
young_clinton

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brooks wrote:
And I heard of two guys who ended up with men dressed as women.
They couldn`t tell as they were too drunk.
Both were British.

Katoeys are all over the streets where the girlie bars are at. You can generally tell that they are Katoeys by thier voice and thin hips. Thai women usually have large hips.
le-paul

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttompatz wrote:
Sure, at the coffee shop next to the Nana hotel and across the street from Nana Plaza on Sukumvit soi 4, down by Soi cowboy or all along the street by Patpong.

wow, you seem to know alot! i always figured you to be a bookish, family type ?
ttompatz

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

le-paul wrote:
ttompatz wrote:

wow, you seem to know alot! i always figured you to be a bookish, family type ?

I am the bookish, family type. I didn't mention Patong beach (Phuket), Walking Street ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walking_Street,_Pattaya ) or hotels like the Penthouse ( http://www.penthousehotel.com/ (not safe for work)) .

hogwonguy1979

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

read this book before leaving

http://www.amazon.com/Private-Dancer-Stephen-Leather/dp/9810539169/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1362310063&sr=1-1&keywords=private+dancer
ATM SPIDERTAO

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't know about being white since i'm chinese-canadian.

but i had two vastly different experiences in thailand.

first time around, they were just starting their k-pop fever and the ladyboys were all over me. regular girls, not so much until you actually went to the really NICE and high-end clubs.

but i'll just say this. if you're a good looking guy, the girls who are just in it to use you for money won't even bother.

only the HOTTEST hookers even try to get their mack on with a really good looking guy because they know it's a waste of time.

find places were regular thais hang out and i'm sure you'll do fine. but good luck with trying to sleep with them. thais are significantly more conservative than koreans to say the least.

and they mostly think foreigners are in thailand to sleep with the women so they don't look too kindly on it but understand it's just pumping money into the economy.

good way around everything is just to be upfront.

"i like you. but i have no money."

DONE

if she's still around maybe there's hope!

most of the working professionals have only been in a handful of relationships at best. they are EXTREMELY conservative if they're well brought up. like super extremely conservative. only willing to accept you if they see marriage potential and if they're well brought up, you've got to be at least as wealthy as they are and compared to the average thai, rich thais are super stinkin' rich.
Yaya

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Click this link to learn more about Thai women.

http://www.stickmanweekly.com/StickmanReadersSubmissions.htm
chrisbacke

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, the stories that float around the internets...

Not every Thai women is a sex worker. That said, you've really got to get away from the areas where men pay for 'attention'. The bigger the age difference, the more likely money's exchanging hands...

Truth is, sometimes it works out. More often than not the guy gets bled dry and used for one thing or another.
wishfullthinkng

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have to say i was personally surprised. if you go to one of the shockingly nice malls like mk or paragon there are a lot of beautiful every-day thai women going about their business shopping and eating and what-have-you.

i didn't expect it at all.

edit: this is referring to bangkok obviously. phuket and the other smaller areas weren't nearly as impressive in this arena.

Last edited by wishfullthinkng on Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:26 am; edited 1 time in total
young_clinton

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can get into a good relationship with a Thai woman, but the best thing to do is to choose someone you know professionally or at least someone you meet under normal terms. I think going after a Starbuck's worker babe or 7-11 worker babe is not so bad either. Thai women who want to marry foreigners tend to gravitate to those jobs if they can, and they are working at a decent job already, so they're not hookers.

Thais and Thai women in general will not associate with foreigners, viewing foreigners as beneath them, if you can believe that. The better the family that a Thai women comes from the more difficult it is to get them to associate with you or marry. It stops with women who come from an Upper Middle class family, They will not marry a foreigner for any reason or amount of money.
Gaininganadventur

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Try Starbucks Reply with quote

Try starbucks.

Last edited by Gaininganadventur on Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: