Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korean Subtitles for Three Stooges Shorts. . .

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Allthechildrenareinsane

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Korean Subtitles for Three Stooges Shorts. . . Reply with quote

Anybody know if these are available and where? I'm looking for subtitles for the classic short films, not that abomination of a movie that came out last year. My internet searches are coming up empty-handed, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
ttompatz

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Korean Subtitles for Three Stooges Shorts. . . Reply with quote

Allthechildrenareinsane wrote:
Anybody know if these are available and where? I'm looking for subtitles for the classic short films, not that abomination of a movie that came out last year. My internet searches are coming up empty-handed, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

There used to be a bunch on youtube - shorts and full length TV shows (since many of them fall into the public domain now).

<edit>

Sorry, I misread your title and the fact that you are looking for the subs and not the vids.

The vids are easily available.

I don't know about subs... there wasn't a lot of dialogue and you can always write them yourself as a text file with any word processor.

Last edited by ttompatz on Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Steelrails

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Careful, I once showed the Stooges to an afterschool class and the kids could not stop laughing that it got to be too much.
happiness

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korea had the 3 Stooges long ago, they were called like 바보의3형제.
12ax7

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just write on the board, "녁녁녁" and "오, 우아이즈 가이!" Wink
Allthechildrenareinsane

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Korean Subtitles for Three Stooges Shorts. . . Reply with quote

ttompatz wrote:
Allthechildrenareinsane wrote:

There used to be a bunch on youtube - shorts and full length TV shows (since many of them fall into the public domain now).

<edit>

Sorry, I misread your title and the fact that you are looking for the subs and not the vids.

The vids are easily available.

I don't know about subs... there wasn't a lot of dialogue and you can always write them yourself as a text file with any word processor.

Thanks to everybody for the replies. I suppose I could just give them a brief plot summary so they understand what's going on a little better in the more narrative-oriented shorts (my Korean isn't good enough to translate the dialogue accurately).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: