Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

(moving) CRC and consulate jurisdiction

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
caulice

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: (moving) CRC and consulate jurisdiction Reply with quote

In a few months I'm moving from one Canadian province to another. I was planning on getting a CBC done in my current province of residence and having it stamped at the nearest Korean consulate (just before moving). Would this work out alright? I don't think that I'll become a resident of the province I'm moving to before leaving for Korea, but I may be there for a few months. Do you have to be a factual resident of the province in which the CBC is done, and of the locale in relation to the consulate? My mailing address will be in a different province from my official province of residence, but I don't know who this could possibly matter to in Korea. Do you think that the Korean consulate would have a problem mailing the document back to an address in a different province? Thanks very much for any info.

Last edited by caulice on Tue May 07, 2013 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
caulice

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've found this:

http://forums.eslcafe.com/korea/viewtopic.php?t=226681

It looks like it doesn't matter where the CRC is issued from in Canada. In this case, the only question that remains is whether I have the option of sending the document to the nearest Korean consulate right away (if it doesn't matter which consulate you use). If it does matter, then I should wait and use the consulate in my home town (where I don't have resident status). I don't want to become a resident there at this point in time (as I want to be deemed a non-resident of Canada in the near future).

Does it matter which consulate you go through, in terms of your provincial residency (actual vs. official)?
ttompatz

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To get your CBC certified you need to use the consulate that has jurisdiction over the area.
Vancouver for western Canada
Toronto for central Canada
Montreal for eastern Canada.

AFTER is it certified it doesn't make any difference where it was certified as long as it hits the desk at immigration before its 6-month mark.

caulice

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: