Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is a 45 minute flight layover enough at Chicago O'Hare?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonbowman88

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zyzyfer wrote:
young_clinton wrote:
Thank you for all the replies. It will work out OK.

Been busted before in O'Hare. Arriving flight was running late. I tried to run across the airport to make my connection (I was already checked in for an international flight) but watched it leave the gate.

I spent the night in Chicago, and hate O'Hare. Mad

I mean if it's booked already then maybe there's not much you can do. Probably wouldn't hurt to call the airline itself and ask them if it will suffice. If you just plan to roll with things then I hope your flight arrives earlier than scheduled, or that silkhighway's advice is on the money.

I've spent the night in O'Hare as well. Trying to sleep on the floor with my arms clutching my bags so nothing got stolen. Truly a miserable night. I take every precaution I can cause I've just had so many bad experiences with airlines
young_clinton

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've spent many nights sleeping at LAX or Incheon airport before a flight. If you sleep at the airports in the US they turn off or turn down the heat at night. If you sleep during the winter bring warm clothing.
young_clinton

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonbowman88 wrote:

I hope you update us on what happens.

My flight to Chicago was immediately from the beginning delayed by almost an hour like in fact many of the American Airline and United Airline flights usually are. So in fact I did miss the flight to Munich which left on time Laughing . I was rerouted by United Airlines through London Heathrow, and took British Airways from Heathrow to Riyadh. I arrived in Riyadh 5 hours late and had to spend the night at the King Khalid Airport (bit of a crappy airport) before meeting my contact. Last I heard my luggage was still in Chicago in spite of the fact it was supposed to go on to Riyadh and arrive at the same time (I don't know how they could make that happen, but they didn't).

The United flight from Chicago to Heathrow was the crappiest international flight I have ever taken. Not even close to the economy Asian flights in food, drink and ease. We flew on this packed 767, much more than any Asian flight I have ever taken except for Air Asia (which I also don't like)
tophatcat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tophatcat wrote:
young_clinton wrote:
Another question, if I miss my flight because of the short layover will I be boarded on another flight? For an International flight something tells me not.

I have encountered a similar situation. A few years back, I had a short layover in Chicago on my way to Korea. It just so happened that my flight was a little late arriving to Chicago and I was put on another international flight to Korea due to lack of switch over time causing me to miss my flight. I didn't have to wait long. But the big problem was, my luggage was transferred to a different route than me in the ordeal. I received my luggage about 3 days later. In my opinion, too many things can go wrong in a short layover. It would have been a close call in ideal circumstances, I gambled, I lost.

Now I always give myself a reasonable buffer of time in a layover.

March 28 post.
tophatcat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tophatcat wrote:
young_clinton wrote:
Another question, if I miss my flight because of the short layover will I be boarded on another flight? For an International flight something tells me not.

I have encountered a similar situation. A few years back, I had a short layover in Chicago on my way to Korea. It just so happened that my flight was a little late arriving to Chicago and I was put on another international flight to Korea due to lack of switch over time causing me to miss my flight. I didn't have to wait long. But the big problem was, my luggage was transferred to a different route than me in the ordeal. I received my luggage about 3 days later. In my opinion, too many things can go wrong in a short layover. It would have been a close call in ideal circumstances, I gambled, I lost.

Now I always give myself a reasonable buffer of time in a layover.

March 28 post.
jonbowman88

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

young_clinton wrote:
jonbowman88 wrote:

I hope you update us on what happens.

My flight to Chicago was immediately from the beginning delayed by almost an hour like in fact many of the American Airline and United Airline flights usually are. So in fact I did miss the flight to Munich which left on time Laughing . I was rerouted by United Airlines through London Heathrow, and took British Airways from Heathrow to Riyadh. I arrived in Riyadh 5 hours late and had to spend the night at the King Khalid Airport (bit of a crappy airport) before meeting my contact. Last I heard my luggage was still in Chicago in spite of the fact it was supposed to go on to Riyadh and arrive at the same time (I don't know how they could make that happen, but they didn't).

The United flight from Chicago to Heathrow was the crappiest international flight I have ever taken. Not even close to the economy Asian flights in food, drink and ease. We flew on this packed 767, much more than any Asian flight I have ever taken except for Air Asia (which I also don't like)

Thanks for the update, sorry to hear that it didnt go as planned. In my opinion airlines in the US are by far the worst i've ever flown on by a long shot. Just gotta live and learn i guess
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: