Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Psychoses of Abortion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Noliving

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

augustine wrote:

Oh, man. Are you in army? This is a bullshit conversation and I hate that format.

Then leave....

augustine wrote:
You're method of thinking is so strange. You hype personal responsibility yet dismiss the responsibility of public officials and the policies they stamp into law, basically stating: Just Follow.

If you have an issue with their policies vote them out of office, heck hold a recall election if you can't wait, launch an armed rebellion if you really can't wait. No one is forcing these people into their predicaments, the public officials didn't go to these people and put a gun to their head and force them to have sex.

augustine wrote:
You're talking about abusing and possibly uplifting social welfare programs to 'teach people a lesson' (yes, that's what you're trying to do).

No that is not what I'm trying to do. You put forward the argument that the people who pass such laws don't do anything to take care of the unwanted children, that just simply isn't true. You then claim that one of the reasons people get an abortion is simply because they can't afford to raise the child. But that argument doesn't really hold up when such social programs exists.

augustine wrote:
You're promoting ideas that would FORCE people to raise children they never wanted in the first place. Stop going in circles with this "responsibility and consequences" and "shifting blame" bullshit. That has nothing to do with the reality of the situation.

They are not forced to raise the child, if they don't want it they can kill it, they can give it away for adoption, they can abandon it on the side of the road, they can feed it to the dogs. Oh please it is not bullshit at all and you know it, if you don't like that I'm "going in circles" than stop saying it is OK to shift the blame for people's predicaments that they voluntarily got themselves into onto other people. We are not discussing what is realistic or non realistic. We are talking about people who think it is acceptable to shift blame for why they are in the situation they are in. We are talking about people who think it is acceptable to whine about the consequences they face that they knew were possibility but choose to engage voluntarily in such actions that could possibly make those consequences a reality.

augustine wrote:
The fact is this: It doesn't matter what either of us think about who SHOULD be raising unwanted dumpster babies, that means nothing, so stop harping on that; this is what I'm talking about regarding your fake world scenario.

What?.....

augustine wrote:
You aren't putting forth some edgy insight where you're pushing back against blame shifters who want to dump their babies on people who similarly don't want to raise them.

Well that is not a surprise when such "insight" is obvious. You really honestly thought I was trying put forth some type of edgy insight?

augustine wrote:
Are you kidding me? Someone is going to raise them no matter what, whether it's the parents, a government foster home, or an adopted family. So what are you talking about?

You would think that but no. I'm talking about people who voluntarily get into a situation they don't like and blame other people for it and then try to get other people to take the fall for their actions.

augustine wrote:
You're not talking about reality because what you're implying means that people will be forced to raise their unwanted children, and you will never be able to force people to raise children they never wanted, do you understand that?

Where have I stated that people would be forced to raise children they never wanted? You don't want the child go ahead and kill it.

augustine wrote:
It doesn't matter what I say, your self-concocted "lessons" of responsibility and consequences are meaningless, and your ideas about how things should be will never exist in this world. I don't care if you think I'm wrong, what you're proposing/implying is never going to happen. So, I don't know how much further this conversation can go.

What am I proposing/implying?
augustine

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noliving... you are a ridiculous human being. You're stretching one statement that I paraphrased from a comedian and taking it to the most literal, extreme level possible, while never really making any tangible point yourself.

Quote:
If you have an issue with their policies vote them out of office, heck hold a recall election if you can't wait, launch an armed rebellion if you really can't wait. No one is forcing these people into their predicaments, the public officials didn't go to these people and put a gun to their head and force them to have sex.

This is what I'm saying about your fantasy world... it's not that easy, armed rebellion? What are you talking about? We both know there are probably plenty of people who are willing to adopt and I already said I wasn't literally proposing that pro-abortionists should be forced to raise other people's children, dummy. It's just hypocritical that someone would force someone else to have a child yet not be willing to adopt one in need themselves. How do you continue to not understand that?

Quote:
You put forward the argument that the people who pass such laws don't do anything to take care of the unwanted children, that just simply isn't true. You then claim that one of the reasons people get an abortion is simply because they can't afford to raise the child. But that argument doesn't really hold up when such social programs exists.

No, I didn't say that at all you loon. Listen to yourself, you aren't even making an argument... if I replied that it was a waste of resources for people to be forced to raise a child and rely on social programs you would just argue back, "I never said they should be forced to raise a child and rely on social programs, they could just kill it, I don't care". We already did this, you're going in circles you nut lol!

Quote:
We are not discussing what is realistic or non realistic. We are talking about people who think it is acceptable to shift blame for why they are in the situation they are in. We are talking about people who think it is acceptable to whine about the consequences they face that they knew were possibility but choose to engage voluntarily in such actions that could possibly make those consequences a reality.

You're right, I was not realistically saying that people who are anti-abortion should be forced to raise pro-abortion people's babies. Your argumentative style is bedazzling because you never make one. No one is whining or unaware of the consequences of getting pregnant... but, again, if I said "They still shouldn't be forced to raise the kid if they don't want to"... you would say, "I was never proposing that they should be forced to, they can do whatever they want with it". This is such a bizarre conversation because your language is so vague. How do these people face the consequences?! Please tell me, good lord, man!

Quote:
What am I proposing/implying?

I have no idea, at this point I just think you're an eristic whacko. Oh... wait..., I get it now, it's Fox's sock messing with me for giving him shit about hating black people. Smooth brother. Very Happy
young_clinton

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is an issue with abortion especially when their are so many people wanting to adopt babies.
akcrono

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

young_clinton wrote:
There is an issue with abortion especially when their are so many people wanting to adopt babies.

I highly doubt there will be over 1 million more people looking to adopt each year in the US.
http://www.ithaca.edu/faculty/cduncan/230/adoption.htm

And adoption is a pretty terrible option now if you're black: http://thegrio.com/2010/04/29/black-children-left-behind-in-adoption-market/
geldedgoat

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case anyone else has been out of the loop like me and missed the conclusion to the Gosnell case, I figured I'd post a (belated) update:

Abortion doctor convicted of murder waives appeal, avoids death sentence

Quote:
A Philadelphia abortion provider found guilty of first-degree murder has agreed give up his right to appeal in exchange for avoiding a possible death sentence, Philadelphia's district attorney's office announced Tuesday.

Dr. Kermit Gosnell, 72, was convicted Monday on three counts of murder for killing babies by cutting their spinal cords with scissors.

[...]

According to a statement from the office of Philadelphia District Attorney Seth Williams, Gosnell "agreed to waive all of his appellate rights in exchange for life in prison without the possibility of parole instead of the death penalty." He was "immediately sentenced" for the deaths of two babies.

He will be sentenced on remaining charges, including the death of the third baby, on Wednesday, the statement said.

A jury also found Gosnell guilty of involuntary manslaughter in the case of 41-year-old Karnamaya Mongar, who died of an anesthetic overdose during a second-trimester abortion at Gosnell's West Philadelphia clinic.

Additionally, Gosnell, who is not a board-certified obstetrician or gynecologist, was found guilty of 21 counts of abortion of the unborn, 24 weeks or older.

And in case anyone needed another reason to despise the filth at HuffPost, here's their shameless defense of the clinic staff:

Quote:
In their own way, the four women being sentenced this week for working at a corrupt, grimy Philadelphia abortion clinic were just as desperate as their patients.

The article devolves from there.

==========

And an anecdote from my end: a month or so ago we found out that my wife is pregnant. To get it confirmed, we went to the state health department-run 'family planning center' at our campus student health center. They took a urine sample from my wife and then brought her, not us, to a private counseling room. According to my wife (who is not a particularly politically-minded individual unless Korea is the topic of concern), they sat her down, told her the results were positive, and then the very next thing they said was, "Do you want to keep it?"

At least my wife had the good sense to not tell me about that until we were already back home. I would have hated to have such wonderful news spoiled by ... that. I think she was more shocked about it than anything, as crap like that apparently is incredibly rare in Korea.
Fox

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
A Philadelphia abortion provider found guilty of first-degree murder has agreed give up his right to appeal in exchange for avoiding a possible death sentence, Philadelphia's district attorney's office announced Tuesday.

If I were him, I'd just have taken the death sentence. When your criminal profile is "serial baby killer," I can't imagine things will go well for you in prison, and a much less humane death could await him.

geldedgoat wrote:
And an anecdote from my end: a month or so ago we found out that my wife is pregnant.

Hey, congratulations. Current Events is slowly turning into the grumpy fathers forum.

geldedgoat wrote:
To get it confirmed, we went to the state health department-run 'family planning center' at our campus student health center. They took a urine sample from my wife and then brought her, not us, to a private counseling room. According to my wife (who is not a particularly politically-minded individual unless Korea is the topic of concern), they sat her down, told her the results were positive, and then the very next thing they said was, "Do you want to keep it?"

Were you really surprised? "Family planning" really means "birth control and abortion," and it was obviously too late for the former.
Kuros

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geldedgoat,

Congratulations. Is it your first child?
geldedgoat

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fox wrote:
If I were him, I'd just have taken the death sentence. When your criminal profile is "serial baby killer," I can't imagine things will go well for you in prison, and a much less humane death could await him.

This is one of those cases that teases my opinion of capital punishment.

Quote:
Hey, congratulations. Current Events is slowly turning into the grumpy fathers forum.

That's a demographic shift I'm proud to be a part of. Thanks. Smile

Quote:
Were you really surprised? "Family planning" really means "birth control and abortion," and it was obviously too late for the former.

I can be terribly naive at times, yes.

Kuros wrote:
Congratulations. Is it your first child?

Thanks. Yep, it's our first daywalker. I'm hoping for at least a basketball team's worth, preferably upwards of a soccer team, but the wife doesn't share my enthusiasm. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
Page 14 of 14

Jump to: