Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Don't bring a Dell laptop to Korea, Dell won't fix it!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hogwonguy1979

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Don't bring a Dell laptop to Korea, Dell won't fix it!!!! Reply with quote

An update on an earlier thread about my Dell laptop. Talked to the Dell service center here in Seoul and posted on the Dell customer forums about my problem (apparently its a fairly common motherboard problem for the M5030 based on 60 odd pages of posts) which got me a response from somebody with Dell back in the US. Apparently since the laptop model I brought over from the states wasn't sold in Korea they refuse to fix it.

According to the guy in the US the only way Dell will fix it is if I bring it back to the states with me.

I've had Dells before with no problems, I have many friends that work for Dells HQ in Round Rock Micheal Dell lived in the same dorm as my wife while she was UT in the 80's so I would try and get a Dell when I needed a new computer but now they have lost a customer for good.

Now to find a decent laptop...off to Yongsan
wishfullthinkng

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

get one of those ultra powerful laptops on gmarket that are super cheap. they still have warranties and are solid machines.

http://item2.gmarket.co.kr/English/detailview/Item.aspx?goodscode=268888642

don't let yongsan rip you off.
alongway

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a dell laptop years ago have an issue, just 2 months left on the warranty. Dell Korea transferred the warranty to Korea, wasn't a model sold in Korea, and ordered the part from singapore. They sent a technician out to replace the part on the spot, free of charge.
Swampfox10mm

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will never buy Dell again. They were good once. Not now. Lost a lot of money on the last laptop failure.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: