Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My friend Just got his account cleaned out by his korean gf.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jvalmer

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't feel too bad, it happens to Korean guys too. I know of one Korean dude that lost almost 50 million won because of his 'girlfriend'.
Steelrails

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yfb wrote:
I crown your friend the beta male of all beta males.

Wouldn't that be a tiara?
War Eagle

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jvalmer wrote:
Don't feel too bad, it happens to Korean guys too. I know of one Korean dude that lost almost 50 million won because of his 'girlfriend'.

Yea, it's not a foreigner vs. Korean thing. This can happen to anyone, anywhere. There are gold-diggers wherever you go.
young_clinton

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's hope something happens to her.
sendittheemail

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. The merchant requires the card holder to sign when they make a purchase. This is done for a reason.

2. If the signature on the receipts doesn't match the signature on the card, then the merchant is liable for the charges, not the cardholder. This is per Visa/MC policy.

3. The guy who was robbed should report the card stolen. Doesn't matter if it was his "girlfriend". If he, the card holder, did not agree to the charges, and did not sign for them, then by policy alone, he is not liable.

He needs to contact his bank, and then the police.

I don't feel sorry for him at all, because he did something incredibly stupid. I do however hope the golddigger gets punished. Perhaps he should start posting her pictures online along with the story. Korean netizens would love to flame such a posting. Remember when some Korean guy posted online about selling his kidney so that his golddigger girlfriend could buy a handbag? Netizens ate it up.

Tell your friend to get some pictures, and her name, and we can all pitch in and make the story viral.
Leslie Cheswyck

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My super hot GF treated me to a weekend in Jeju.

Thanks dude.

Twisted Evil
rollo

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude got worked over by a pro. Does not make him stupid, just not experienced or cynical enough.

Smart women have being playing the male ego to their advantage for a long , long time. My father used to say," if she's gorgeous and available someone somewhere got tired of her". Be careful out there.
Died By Bear

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To OP:

I thought "high class" girls like that had their own money.
sirius black

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol...I have very little sympathy for guys like that. Sorry. As another poster said life lesson learned. Not sure about all the banks but KB bank cards have the option of your getting a message whenever your card is used. It says the amount, balance and store name.
Ralph Winfield

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dodge7 wrote:
wow is your friend pretty stupid. Who would give a woman who is not your wife a card of any kind and say spend up to $1,000 dollars. He gets what he deserves.
Beta-mentality running rampant over here over these crack pot women.

A re-born Xtian should not blame a person who has been shafted by his loved one. It's as if you condone the female's behaviour.
NohopeSeriously

Location: The Christian Right-Wing Educational Republic of Korea

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 6:24 am    Post subject: Re: My friend Just got his account cleaned out by his korean Reply with quote

sluggo832004 wrote:
I never liked the girl. I knew she was stuck up and only cared about status and money, but my Canadian Friend was blinded by the high heels and makeup. She even said "many foreigners arent in her class." Razz

He spends 150-300 thousand won a week on her, and she acts like she is a goddess on earth. She is literally every bad stereotype you ever heard about Korean girls. I was done with her when she said "Beyonce was fat like a pig" lol.

Now that's what you call a soul-less devil. Those who thrive with money will perish with money. I pity that K-woman for having a lack of common sense. She will eventually learn her lesson the hard way.
Julius

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

salutbonjour wrote:
Your friend is an obvious beta *cheers for the dave's crowd*

This north american alpha-beta gamma-delta obsession is really tedious. All it reveals is a terrible confusion about what being a man-let alone human- actually involves. Rolling Eyes

To be fair everyone lets their guard down when they're in love. Generosity is a good quality, not a bad one. If anyone has not been in love or made mistakes that in hindsight seem embarrasing... then I pity them.

I pity mercenary asians whose only values are monetary even more, however. They're missing the point.
some waygug-in

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ralph Winfield wrote:
Dodge7 wrote:
wow is your friend pretty stupid. Who would give a woman who is not your wife a card of any kind and say spend up to $1,000 dollars. He gets what he deserves.
Beta-mentality running rampant over here over these crack pot women.

A re-born Xtian should not blame a person who has been shafted by his loved one. It's as if you condone the female's behaviour.

Jesus said, if the blind leadeth the blind... etc.

He's not condoning what the girl did, he's telling the guy his friend needs

to wise up when it comes to women.

Ignorance can be countered by education. (sometimes)

But stupidity, there's no cure for that.
toby99

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets talk a bit more about this broad.

Where'd he meet her? Itaewon?
What does she look like? How is her english? What is her background? Age? Purported education?

Chances are, if this guy got burned, this dame is out there trying to swindle other weigooks. It's in our best interest to get all the info we can on this broad to prevent other expats from getting screwed over by this two-bit hustler.

Maybe the guy's an idiot, maybe not (he's definitely not without blame). But the fact is he got swindled and taken to the cleaners by a con artist. Time to call a spade a spade.
transmogrifier

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Julius wrote:
I pity mercenary asians whose only values are monetary even more, however. They're missing the point.

Why Asians as opposed to any other race? Caucasians you're okay with?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: