Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My friend Just got his account cleaned out by his korean gf.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sirius black

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Julius wrote:
salutbonjour wrote:
Your friend is an obvious beta *cheers for the dave's crowd*

This north american alpha-beta gamma-delta obsession is really tedious. All it reveals is a terrible confusion about what being a man-let alone human- actually involves. Rolling Eyes

To be fair everyone lets their guard down when they're in love. Generosity is a good quality, not a bad one. If anyone has not been in love or made mistakes that in hindsight seem embarrasing... then I pity them.

I pity mercenary asians whose only values are monetary even more, however. They're missing the point.

Thats a fair point. I agree for the most part. My guess and its only a guess that this guy acted in a way that the woman felt she could do that.
Women HATE confrontation. There are some type of guys women will not do that to. Fear, whatever. Not saying to be a brute or act like one. But I gurantee you there are guys out there she wouldn't think about trying that on.
Its fairly common to see the puppy dog in love foreigner who snagged a girl he couldn't pay to spit on him back home. I suspect its this guy. I've dated more than my share of Korean women. All my friends combined, scores more. Women, korean or otherwise won't try that on just any guy.
Mix1

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disgusting.
The guy sounds like a schmuck who needed a lesson in life.
The girl sounds like a stuck-up, low class ho

If you give a girl a credit card, you essentially become an ATM to her.
It can really change the dynamic of a relationship.

It actually lowers her respect for the guy as well, rather than raising it.

Maybe some guys feel they need to do that to keep the girl around (and maybe some guys DO NEED to do that), but the price will always be increasing. Once you set up the money dynamic, the girl is essentially for sale to the top bidder. Don't set up that dynamic in the first place.

(But... $1000 limit? lol That doesn't even buy a top of the line handbag in this country, so any guy who can beat your price wins the auction. If she wants a handbag, she can get a job and work for it or use Daddy's money.)

If she constantly needs money/gifts to stay with you, just give her the boot.

A lot of these wanna-be princesses here don't have much going on for themselves anyway: they don't work much, think they deserve the world, and skate by on looks mostly boosted by high heels and tons of makeup. Not the best gf material. Most won't be allowed to marry a foreigner anyway and will wait for the Samsung salary guy (which most won't get).
fermentation

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

toby99 wrote:
Maybe the guy's an idiot, maybe not (he's definitely not without blame). But the fact is he got swindled and taken to the cleaners by a con artist. Time to call a spade a spade.

I don't see what's there to warn about. The only reason guys get "swindled" by gold diggers is because they're idiots who think with their dicks instead of their heads. If a girl asks you to buy a handbag or give her your credit card, it's not hard to say, "no." If she threatens to leave, "goodbye."
No_hite_pls

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mix1 wrote:
Disgusting.
The guy sounds like a schmuck who needed a lesson in life.
The girl sounds like a stuck-up, low class ho

If you give a girl a credit card, you essentially become an ATM to her.
It can really change the dynamic of a relationship.

It actually lowers her respect for the guy as well, rather than raising it.

Maybe some guys feel they need to do that to keep the girl around (and maybe some guys DO NEED to do that), but the price will always be increasing. Once you set up the money dynamic, the girl is essentially for sale to the top bidder. Don't set up that dynamic in the first place.

(But... $1000 limit? lol That doesn't even buy a top of the line handbag in this country, so any guy who can beat your price wins the auction. If she wants a handbag, she can get a job and work for it or use Daddy's money.)

If she constantly needs money/gifts to stay with you, just give her the boot.

A lot of these wanna-be princesses here don't have much going on for themselves anyway: they don't work much, think they deserve the world, and skate by on looks mostly boosted by high heels and tons of makeup. Not the best gf material. Most won't be allowed to marry a foreigner anyway and will wait for the Samsung salary guy (which most won't get).

There is some really good stuff in your post!
toby99

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fermentation wrote:
toby99 wrote:
Maybe the guy's an idiot, maybe not (he's definitely not without blame). But the fact is he got swindled and taken to the cleaners by a con artist. Time to call a spade a spade.

I don't see what's there to warn about. The only reason guys get "swindled" by gold diggers is because they're idiots who think with their dicks instead of their heads. If a girl asks you to buy a handbag or give her your credit card, it's not hard to say, "no." If she threatens to leave, "goodbye."

I think you're overestimating the intelligence of our comrades.
lemak

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Consider himself lucky he found out early and she only got into him for 6,000 bucks. Find out she's a greedy, gold digging tw@t five years from now and it's going to cost him half his bank balance, the house and his car.

Expensive lesson, but even costlier disaster prevented.
Julius

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lemak wrote:
she's greedy, gold digging

The guy wanted to show he was not a tightwad. He wanted to give her a gift. There's nothing wrong with that, essentially. He offered her the money, she didn't ask for it. He freely gave her the card. It was his unfortunate mistake to give her the wrong card. So I don't really see how she can be construed as a gold digger or whatever.

transmogrifier wrote:
Julius wrote:
I pity mercenary asians whose only values are monetary even more, however. They're missing the point.

Why Asians as opposed to any other race? Caucasians you're okay with?

Not at all. I do think that naked materialism is more open and accepted in Asia than the west though.

This society- and many Korean women- seem to fully believe that money comes far ahead of love when it comes to hooking up. They see no moral conflict there like westerners might.

Traditional beliefs reinforce to them that a real man is one who will pay for absolutely everything. Men are the providers in asia. Its only a rogue who refuses to lavish women with money. Money has become a moral virtue in itself.

So in her mind she's probably done nothing wrong at all.

Last edited by Julius on Fri May 03, 2013 8:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
EZE

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wishfullthinkng wrote:
and his girl just up and leaves for jeju for 3 days and he doesn't even realize it? i'd bet dollars to doughnuts it was with another man.

She definitely didn't go alone.

I bet the ones on the credit card aren't the only charges he has caught from this girl. He's probably pissing razorblades this very second.
Julius

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sirius black wrote:

Women HATE confrontation.

Women like arguments IMO. Drama serves a purpose to them.

What they hate is having to ever admit that they have done something wrong.
lemak

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Julius wrote:
lemak wrote:

The guy wanted to show he was not a tightwad. He wanted to give her a gift. There's nothing wrong with that, essentially. He offered her the money, she didn't ask for it. He freely gave her the card. It was his unfortunate mistake to give her the wrong card. So I don't really see how she can be construed as a gold digger or whatever.

Screwing the guy over for 6 million won isn't gold digging in your book???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you single? If you're willing to throw around that kind of $ no qualms on a gal then hey, I look great in a dress. But don't expect much action on the first hundred or so dates, you big silly!!! Evil or Very Mad

Seriously - she's found a milking cow and she's squeezing that teat raw. Run, baby run.
schwa

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

$6000 isnt the end of the world. Learn, move on.
lemak

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

schwa wrote:
$6000 isnt the end of the world. Learn, move on.

This. Especially the bolded part.
byrddogs

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm married to a doctor here in China (they don't make much in salary, but are stable). Regardless of how much I love my wife, she does not have access to my Chinese or American bank account. Call me what you want for that, but the fact is my saved money will be our money if we stay together or my money if we don't.

That dude got worked over if that story is true.
Julius

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lemak wrote:
Julius wrote:
lemak wrote:

Screwing the guy over for 6 million won isn't gold digging in your book???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you single? If you're willing to throw around that kind of $ no qualms on a gal then hey, I look great in a dress. But don't expect much action on the first hundred or so dates, you big silly!!! Evil or Very Mad

Seriously - she's found a milking cow and she's squeezing that teat raw. Run, baby run.

The guy freely offered her the money, you complete idiot.

If someone freely offered you 6M won would you turn it down?

Accepting an unsolicitied gift does not make you a "gold digger" or any of the other illogical stupidities u just ranted.
lemak

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Julius wrote:
lemak wrote:
Julius wrote:
lemak wrote:

The guy freely offered her the money, you complete idiot.

If someone freely offered you 6M won would you turn it down?

Accepting an unsolicitied gift does not make you a "gold digger" or any of the other illogical stupidities u just ranted.

Between your poor reading comprehension skills and your childish resort to insults I'm not even sure why I'm replying.

However....

...let's just say I have a soft spot for some of the window licking members of these kinds of sites. Laughing

Or maybe you're sad and lonely and in need of attention. Both are possible. Laughing

Anyhow if you would like to read my original post...since we're now in one of those awesome Daves squabbles over semantics....I actually didn't even say she *is* a gold digger. You chose to highlight that part of the sentence without including full context....

"Find out she's a greedy, gold digging tw@t five years from now and it's going to cost him half his bank balance, the house and his car."

Regardless if she currently is said gold digger, or will prove to be said gold digger five years from now....as I said she might....

Gold digger = (according to wikipedia) someone who engages in...."dating and marrying solely for material gain (as opposed to love, personality, or common interests)"...fits the bill 100% in my book.

She's made it clear through her actions she's sticking around because the guy is paying her. Argue all you like (slow and dateless Saturday night?) but that's some pretty gold digging type behavior if you ask me.

Next....

You wrote....

"Accepting an unsolicitied gift does not make you a "gold digger"

And guess what...? He didn't give her the money as a gift.
Did he freely offer her 6 million won? Um....no. Go back and read the original post. He wants the crap returned and the money back. Duh!

Rolling Eyes

I have access to my work credit card. They gave it to me. Does that give me the right to clean out the account and bill all kinds of crap to it simply because they gave it to me? Rolling Eyes

What would happen if I did?. I could try your argument...."They freely gave me the money!" hahahaha. Rolling Eyes

In future please read posts before you reply to them and stay off the internet whilst drunk. Rolling Eyes

There's a good boy. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: