Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My friend Just got his account cleaned out by his korean gf.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sluggo832004

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: My friend Just got his account cleaned out by his korean gf. Reply with quote

I never liked the girl. I knew she was stuck up and only cared about status and money, but my Canadian Friend was blinded by the high heels and makeup. She even said "many foreigners arent in her class." Razz

He spends 150-300 thousand won a week on her, and she acts like she is a goddess on earth. She is literally every bad stereotype you ever heard about Korean girls. I was done with her when she said "Beyonce was fat like a pig" lol.

Anyway, apparently he wanted to give her a credit card which has 1000US dollar limit on it. But she accidentally got his debit card and spent 6 million won within 3 weeks. purses, restaurants, clothes, took a 3 day trip to jeju.

My friend says that he will break up with her and he wants her to return the stuff. I told him there aint much you can do since you willingly gave her the wrong card. The girl dosent want to return her stuff at all.

Anything he can do???? This is the story he told me. maybe theres more to it than what he told me, but how do you not know 6 million is gone from your account? But he says he hardly checks his accounts, only when he gets paid.
Weigookin74

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Life lesson learned. If he can't get hot girls and he really likes them, then he'd be better off having a hooker on call or something, not that I'm telling anyone to do that. Never give away money to get approval. Doh!
Weigookin74

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: My friend Just got his account cleaned out by his korean Reply with quote

sluggo832004 wrote:
I never liked the girl. I knew she was stuck up and only cared about status and money, but my Canadian Friend was blinded by the high heels and makeup. She even said "many foreigners arent in her class." Razz

He spends 150-300 thousand won a week on her, and she acts like she is a goddess on earth. She is literally every bad stereotype you ever heard about Korean girls. I was done with her when she said "Beyonce was fat like a pig" lol.

Anyway, apparently he wanted to give her a credit card which has 1000US dollar limit on it. But she accidentally got his debit card and spent 6 million won within 3 weeks. purses, restaurants, clothes, took a 3 day trip to jeju.

My friend says that he will break up with her and he wants her to return the stuff. I told him there aint much you can do since you willingly gave her the wrong card. The girl dosent want to return her stuff at all.

Anything he can do???? This is the story he told me. maybe theres more to it than what he told me, but how do you not know 6 million is gone from your account? But he says he hardly checks his accounts, only when he gets paid.

Sounds like one of those older or old fashioned traditional Koreans who think that only bankers or lawyers are real foreigners, not scummy English teachers. Fortunately, there are lots of pretty girls in Seoul who like you if you're a decent looking guy or an average guy who takes care of himself. Ignore the haters and jealous ones who most likely came from a really poor background and now arrogantly think they're the cats meow.
TheUrbanMyth

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: My friend Just got his account cleaned out by his korean Reply with quote

sluggo832004 wrote:
But she accidentally got his debit card and spent 6 million won within 3 weeks. purses, restaurants, clothes, took a 3 day trip to jeju.

How did she get the password code?

And how do you "accidentally" hand over your debit card to someone?

At the very least there's more to this story because as it stands it just doesn't add up.
big_fella1

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would go to the police. They'll laugh but they might be prepared to convince her to return some of the stuff. Her use of the card was not consistent with his ownership of the money. Maybe just the threat of police action will convince her to do the right thing.

There are also bank chargeback procedures he can report those transactions to the bank.

He was an idiot but we all did stupid things when we were young. Good luck to him.
War Eagle

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She ran up the charges over 3 weeks? He didn't notice his debit card was gone for 3 weeks?

It this is true, play dumb. Report the card stolen to the police and tell them you just noticed it on the account. Go to the bank and show them the police report. Prove you were not in Jeju when the charges were made there. File whatever paperwork is needed. Maybe get a Korean (boss) to go with you. Pray. Don't be stupid again.
EZE

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

War Eagle wrote:
She ran up the charges over 3 weeks? He didn't notice his debit card was gone for 3 weeks?

It this is true, play dumb. Report the card stolen to the police and tell them you just noticed it on the account. Go to the bank and show them the police report. Prove you were not in Jeju when the charges were made there. File whatever paperwork is needed. Maybe get a Korean (boss) to go with you. Pray. Don't be stupid again.

^This

She's probably going to use the money to open a Wonderland. She sounds qualified to be a Wonderland wongjangnim.
wishfullthinkng

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there's a "stupid english teachers in south korea" thread going on right now. i do believe this guy would qualify.

and his girl just up and leaves for jeju for 3 days and he doesn't even realize it? i'd bet dollars to doughnuts it was with another man.
Dodge7

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow is your friend pretty stupid. Who would give a woman who is not your wife a card of any kind and say spend up to $1,000 dollars. He gets what he deserves.
Beta-mentality running rampant over here over these crack pot women.
toby99

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a rule, I never give my girl more than 50K a pop. And never give em access to your credit cards/bank cards; that's just a recipe for disaster.
salutbonjour

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He didn't lose his card, she didn't steal it. Not much he can do but beg her and/or the card company. But the real issue is that

a) Your friend lacks common-sense

b) Your friend is being taken for a ride by a gold digger

c) Your friend is an obvious beta *cheers for the dave's crowd*
Steelrails

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe someone just got a firsthand lesson in the term "mark".
yfb

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I crown your friend the beta male of all beta males.
crescent

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your friend's name is Just ?
fermentation

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your friend is an idiot. No sympathy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: