Site Search:

TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Parcel (surface) mail to USA - Hawaii

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
suzhou2010

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:39 am    Post subject: Parcel (surface) mail to USA - Hawaii Reply with quote

Was wondering if anyone has shipped Korea Post boxes (#5 or larger) to the USA via surface/parcel post?

I'm looking to send a bunch of stuff to Hawaii and when I look at the zones on the Korea Post website, http://www.koreapost.go.kr/eng/sub/subpage.jsp?contId=e1010601 the USA is strangely omitted from the 'Surface Parcel' part, but shows up for the regular letter mail and the air parcel.

I just want to make sure US shipping is not limited to Air Parcel now. If you have shipped to the US via surface parcel can you let me know how recently and how much it was?

Thanks!
young_clinton

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the USPS even do surface shipping anymore? Maybe it doesn't depend on USPS if it's from another country to the US. If you're in Korea there must a courier that makes sure it just reaches the USPS. It would be cheaper than FEDEX or DHL or UPS. Thailand has one, but I don't know about Korea.
suzhou2010

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you're right and right Smile From what I know the USPS stopped outgoing surface mail years ago in the States, but has continued inbound surface parcel shipping as alot of people have reported sending stuff home.

But I haven't seen any posts the past few months so wanted to check (and especially because the US was not on the list of countries for the surface parcel list on the Korea Post site).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: