Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Leaving Korea for summer vacation with only one-way flight

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phelonius

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:31 am    Post subject: Leaving Korea for summer vacation with only one-way flight Reply with quote

I am on an E2 visa with a valid ARC card. I am going on vacation to Thailand in a few weeks but have only booked a one-way ticket there. Anyone have experience with this or know if immigration will hassle me at the airport for not proving when I intend on returning to Korea to resume my employment?
bucheon bum

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: Leaving Korea for summer vacation with only one-way flig Reply with quote

phelonius wrote:
I am on an E2 visa with a valid ARC card. I am going on vacation to Thailand in a few weeks but have only booked a one-way ticket there. Anyone have experience with this or know if immigration will hassle me at the airport for not proving when I intend on returning to Korea to resume my employment?

Why would they hassle you? They just look at your boarding pass and ask if you're returning to Korea or not. They won't ask for proof if you tell them yes, they just won't take your ARC card from you.
Drew345

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only ones who might hassle you are the check-in agents for the flight to Thailand. To fly to Thailand you need proof of onward journey out of Thailand (same as for entering Korea on a one way ticket). The Thai immigration don't care, this in entirely an issue with the check-in agent for the flight going to Thailand. They may give you no trouble, or they may not let you board the plane. You may have to ask to see the boss, sign a waiver, or even buy a ticket out of Thailand (try Air Asia one way to Penang or Phnom Penn. There's really no way to know how the check-in agent is going to handle it.
I would try searching terms like Thailand, one-way, onward travel; and maybe searching the thaivisa website forum.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: