Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Top 10 myths in K - 1. Fan death 2. ....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
schwa

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always bought into fighting heat with heat, since long before I came to Korea. I was introduced to that by Afghanis who served hot tea when the air temp was 50. Works for me!

In fact I find it incredibly cooling to take a sauna in hot summer weather, as I did just this afternoon. Afterwards, the outdoor air feels almost refreshing.
Drew345

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That pushing a keylogger to your computer through an activeX downloader leads to online banking security.

About the myth of stopping viruses by wearing a scarf instead of covering your mouth when coughing and washing hands; I see there is a new movie out called "The Flu", kind of a Korean "Contagion". I'd like to see the movie to see if they mention covering your mouth, sneezing in the elbow not the hand, wash hands often, don't touch your face, etc. or if it is still the regular close you window at night, and wear a scarf around your neck.
Knight Errant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Music Industry Reply with quote

MYTH:

Young women in the music industry; that young girls wearing scantily clad attire in music videos are artists who sing and perform K-pop tunes for the sake of cutesy K-pop and by no means whatsoever are purposely exploited and exude the image of young girls wearing scantily clad attire.
andrewchon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:20 am    Post subject: Re: Music Industry Reply with quote

Knight Errant wrote:
MYTH:

Young women in the music industry; that young girls wearing scantily clad attire in music videos are artists who sing and perform K-pop tunes for the sake of cutesy K-pop and by no means whatsoever are purposely exploited and exude the image of young girls wearing scantily clad attire.

Do you re-writing this? Confused
ATM SPIDERTAO

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uhhh

good looking people DO have better natural ability

usually good looking people have better social skills than their uglier counterparts

it's natural charisma and social skills that are learned through years of being popular and awesome

how many ugly people do you know are fun, outgoing, and always pleasant to hang out with?

you can be good looking and an ugly jerk but when it comes to the job interview or professional work life, good looking people are usually better at it and also get better jobs because they're better looking.

it's a natural ability to sell themselves.

they usually also have higher confidence in their own abilities since they're more likely to be winners.

they also are less likely to be randomly super upset at something like being called "ugly" or "short" because of some childhood trauma

also, ESPEICALLY in the education field. Good looking people make better teachers if everything else is the same.

who the hell would want to look at some fat, balding, poorly dressed stinky dude versus some really good looking man/woman who has that natural charm to woo people over?

if you think appearance has NOTHING to do with how effective of a teacher you are, that is absolutely wrong.

imagine you're a 25 year old beautiful girl who does the cuteness 애교 thing and you're teaching 17 year old boys.

you're damn right they're gonna listen and probably pick things up via informal learning than if you're some unattractive person teaching the exact same stuff.

although the method of language acquisition in this case is actually self-directed and not a direct result of the actual formal education that is trying to be in play.

but still

it's like working out because you want to be healthy but being naturally more effective at being a salesman. you being good looking is helping you win over your audience!
joelove

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You make some good points there ATM even if it reads like a drunken rant. You haven't hit upon anything new. Good looks have won over more people than anything else, I suppose. We hope there is something more than that when we meet good-looking people, but sometimes we are just biased in their favor from the start and are slow to notice their flaws. I guess really good looking people just get treated nicer too, mostly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: