Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Foot odor. Anyone found "Dr. Scholl's" here?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scorpion

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Foot odor. Anyone found "Dr. Scholl's" here? Reply with quote

In this heat I sometimes have smelly feet, which means smelly shoes. Back home I use "Dr. Scholl's" spray and it works like a miracle. The smell is gone in an instant. But it's 'highly flammable' so I can't take it in my carry on (I never check in luggage). Has anyone found it here? You'd be doing a service to many a sweaty waygookin if you'd let us know where you found it.

Cheers
young_clinton

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Scholl's is Corn Starch, Baking Soda and Fragrance in an easy to deliver spray form. The active ingredient is Baking Soda, the same thing you stick in your refrigerator to get rid of smells. If you can't find Dr. Scholl's just dust your shoes with Baking Soda or mix it in a spray bottle.
Gaininganadventur

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:42 pm    Post subject: Powder Reply with quote

Ya, just get some powder. Any powder. I mean any powder. That foot odor won't help with the dating situation.....the px on post might have Dr. Schols. Very Happy
Steelrails

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No idea about the Dr. Scholl's. But thanks for letting me know about the flammable part for the next time I have to walk across hot coals. Boy, wouldn't that suck?
CrikeyKorea

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't use it, but I did notice it in some Korean shoeshop, whatever the franchise is, but anyway, yeh, they sell it at the counters...
Nolos

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol at the atheist with smelly dirty feet. I bet you knock the heads off those poor Koreans when you get into your slippers at school.
young_clinton

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey it really is you Dodge Laughing
Nolos

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

young_clinton wrote:

I don't know what you're talking about brah, it's not me.
IPayInCash

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nolos wrote:
young_clinton wrote:

I don't know what you're talking about brah, it's not me.

That's funny. The Clevetown guy on the anger sports forum uses the word "brah" (which you copied off of someone else) all the time. Guess his vernacular rubbed off on you. Laughing
Scorpion

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nolos wrote:
lol at the atheist with smelly dirty feet.

Yeah, because I'm sure the bearded one had awesome hygeine. A bronze age manual laborer walking around in the desert heat all day, never seen a bar of soap in his life, never brushed his teeth or heard of shampoo. He was probably four foot tall, with rotten teeth, and smelled like a homeless person in a heat wave. And you know what, he probably took pride in his smelliness, given that we were to reject the world and the concerns of the body.

But let's forget about that, and laugh at the atheist with a temporary smelly shoe problem. Confused
EZE

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always bring Odor Eaters foot spray with me, not knowing it was a banned item on flights. But the following helps more than foot spray or the Odor Eater insoles:

1. Use a pumice stone on the feet during the shower every morning. Do it later on during the shower after the skin on your soles have soaked and it'll slough more skin off.

2. Once every few weeks, it's good to put some bleach in some warm water and soak the feet. My feet were starting to get rank this past winter despite my best hygienic efforts, but the bleach water finally delivered a decisive TKO to the problem.

3. Washing sneakers in the washing machine occasionally helps. You might as well do it the same time you soak your feet in the bleach water, that way the number of bacteria (and maybe fungi) on the feet and the shoe are minimized at the same time instead of transferring bacteria from the shoes back to the feet or vice versa.
young_clinton

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never ever wear shoes that fully enclose your feet (boots, athletic shoes etc) without socks on. If you do you'll definitely have to use some odor treatment.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: