Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Three teens commit murder for "the fun of it"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheUrbanMyth

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigverne wrote:
Quote:
When it occurs, white victims tend to report black assailants more frequently than white assailants, and a disproportionate number of black offenders are convicted. Black victims tend to underreport assaults, especially if the offender is white

No evidence is given to back up any of these claims.

The reality, according to DoJ statistics:

To see the real truth of the matter, let us take a look at the Department of Justice document Criminal Victimization in the United States, 2005. (Go to the linked document, and under "Victims and Offenders" download the pdf file for 2005.)

In Table 42, entitled "Personal crimes of violence, 2005, percent distribution of single-offender victimizations, based on race of victims, by type of crime and perceived race of offender," we learn that there were 111,590 white victims and 36,620 black victims of rape or sexual assault in 2005. (The number of rapes is not distinguished from those of sexual assaults; it is maddening that sexual assault, an ill-defined category that covers various types of criminal acts ranging from penetration to inappropriate touching, is conflated with the more specific crime of rape.) In the 111,590 cases in which the victim of rape or sexual assault was white, 44.5 percent of the offenders were white, and 33.6 percent of the offenders were black. In the 36,620 cases in which the victim of rape or sexual assault was black, 100 percent of the offenders were black, and 0.0 percent of the offenders were white. The table explains that 0.0 percent means that there were under 10 incidents nationally.
The table does not gives statistics for Hispanic victims and offenders. But the bottom line on interracial white/black and black/white rape is clear:

In the United States in 2005, 37,460 white females were sexually assaulted or raped by a black man, while between zero and ten black females were sexually assaulted or raped by a white man.
What this means is that every day in the United States, over one hundred white women are raped or sexually assaulted by a black man.

http://www.iraq-war.ru/article/294230

Stats from 2005?

Mine include stats from 2010...which makes them more relevant and more accurate. If all you've got backing you up are stats from nearly a decade ago...I'd say we need something a little more up to date.

As for evidence I provided you the link. I'd say that the Justice Bureau is a little more authoritative on the subject...don't just look at the abstract.
bigverne

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Stats from 2005?

Do you really think such a huge disparity in interracial rapes (they're almost all black on white) has changed in less than 10 years?
TheUrbanMyth

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and I looked up the author of your article.

Quote:
Lawrence Auster, a white nationalist who spoke in 1996 to a conference put on by American Renaissance and whose website "A View from the Right" is listed as a hate site by the SPLC, appeared on the show on April 1, 1996, making the argument that if the U.S. loses its white majority, it will be destroyed.

http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/intelligence-files/groups/federation-for-american-immigration-reform-fair
TheUrbanMyth

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigverne wrote:
Quote:
Stats from 2005?

Do you really think such a huge disparity in interracial rapes (they're almost all black on white) has changed in less than 10 years?

So if we have more up to date stats...we should just throw them out based on what we think?

And speaking of stats I would like the supposed linked article to the actual table itself.
bigverne

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Lawrence Auster, a white nationalist who spoke in 1996 to a conference put on by American Renaissance and whose website "A View from the Right" is listed as a hate site by the SPLC, appeared on the show on April 1, 1996, making the argument that if the U.S. loses its white majority, it will be destroyed.

That's irrelevant. He was quoting DoJ statistics, which you had just mentioned to rebuff any criticism of the fact that you were referencing a blog. So DoJ stats are ok when used to back up your claims, but not if being used by 'evil, right-wing, racists.' Got it.
TheUrbanMyth

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigverne wrote:
Quote:

That's irrelevant. He was quoting DoJ statistics, which you had just mentioned to rebuff any criticism of the fact that you were referencing a blog. So DoJ stats are ok when used to back up your claims, but not if being used by 'evil, right-wing, racists.' Got it.

Nope, you don't. More RECENT DoJ stats are ok...ones that are outdated are really irrelevant. This isn't 2005 or even close to it. Plus I provided a link to the stats I was quoting...where is HIS LINK?

But it's really very simple. If things are as you claim it should be very easy to find an authoritative government source (say from 2010 or more recent) that proves your claims. I'm quite willing to be proved wrong but I would like to see official sources (not written by right wing nationalists) and data that is fairly recent (once again from 2010 or later).
radcon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The crime rate of whites in the US? You can throw those stats out the window since most states consider Mexicans to be white in figuring the crime stats.
bigverne

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some recent statistics from North Carolina:

According to the 2010 census, the state is 65.3% non-hispanic white and 21.5% black.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Carolina#Race_and_ethnicity

According to official statistics (2011), of white victims of rape in the state, 62.9% of perpetrators were white and 21.5% black. For black victims, just 7.6% of offenders were white, while 82.8% were black.

http://crimereporting.ncdoj.gov/Reports.aspx

This backs up the nationwide stats from 2005 that interracial rapes are disproportionately black on white. Recent nationwide stats on the racial makeup of crimes seem hard to come by. I suspect this is deliberately so.
TheUrbanMyth

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigverne wrote:
Here are some recent statistics from North Carolina:

According to the 2010 census, the state is 65.3% non-hispanic white and 21.5% black.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Carolina#Race_and_ethnicity

According to official statistics (2011), of white victims of rape in the state, 62.9% of perpetrators were white and 21.5% black. For black victims, just 7.6% of offenders were white, while 82.8% were black.

http://crimereporting.ncdoj.gov/Reports.aspx

This backs up the nationwide stats from 2005 that interracial rapes are disproportionately black on white. Recent nationwide stats on the racial makeup of crimes seem hard to come by. I suspect this is deliberately so.

Could you clarify what you mean here?

You say the state is 65.3 % white and 21.5% black

Of white victims 62.9% of the perpetrators were white. While 21.5% of the perps were black. But as we see almost 2/3rds were white while only about 1/5 was black. Now we would expect more rapes by whites because there are more whites in the total population...roughly 3 times as many. and that seems to be the case here. I don't see the disproportion.

If you are referring to the disparity between black and white victims...I still don't see it. In a population that has three times as many whites as blacks one would expect a corresponding correlation in crimes...more whites would be victimized than blacks.

And when we adjust for population...the victimization of white by blacks and vice versa seem to be fairly close.
bigverne

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
And when we adjust for population...the victimization of white by blacks and vice versa seem to be fairly close.

I have no idea how you came to that conclusion...

You previously stated, "rape is OVERWHELMINGLY intraracial."

For black victims, this is clearly the case; most of the offenders are from the same racial group (83% black). For whites, it is not so overwhelming at 63%. The point I am making, and which you seem to be trying your best to ignore or misunderstand, is that in cases of interracial rape, it is overwhelmingly a black on white crime. In absolute terms, blacks, despite being just over 20% of the population committed almost half of all rapes.
radcon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At lot of numbers being thrown around. I'm not certain, but I'm pretty sure that there is some important data not being included in these stats that would change the outcomes a great deal? Any guesses on what that is?
Titus

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bigger issue, for the white/Asian/Hispanic lower/middle class, is livability in cities. Mass transit is unusable. Schools become gang infested rape-dens. Walking becomes unpleasant. Public services can't keep up, taxes have to be raised. Bloomberg has his solution and it seems to work.

Last edited by Titus on Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Titus

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kuros wrote:

Anyway, the following is correct:

Quote:
[R]acism in the United States is institutionalized due to past overt racism (and its ongoing effects) along with current-day discrimination. Although he concedes that personal, overt bias is less common than in the past (or at least less openly articulated), Wise argues that institutions have been set up to foster and perpetuate white privilege, and that subtle, impersonal, and even ostensibly race-neutral policies contribute to racism and racial inequality today.

So, white privilege is having an almost majority Judaic supreme court that lacks even a single white Protestant? The media?? Being slaves to Goldman? Wars for Israel? Not being the majority in the big cities? Being demonized in universities (that whites built)? Being called racist at every turn (racist is to white as nigger is to black, btw).

When is Tim Wise (Weiss) going to start talking about structural Judaic racism and demand the SCOTUS equally represent the demos of the USA? For AA in Hollywood boardrooms?

Let me lay this out:

Focusing on white racism is an ethnic domination strategy used by Jewish ethnic activists. Tim Wise is not white and does not identify as white. This is a form of ethnic warfare.

One can bravely assert that white racism exists hardly anybody will ever mention the elephant in the living room. And that, in itself, is an expression and consequence of that power.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/the-myth-of-american-meritocracy/ <- the most bland description of these problems that I know of.

Anybody who is actually, honestly, really interested in reading about ethnic/racial power in America must start with The Culture of Critique.

http://archive.org/details/CultureOfCritique

Everything else is vapid.
Kuros

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread is sickening.

Sometimes its best to just walk away.
bigverne

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Sometimes its best to just walk away.

Either that or wail about 'racism.'
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: