Site Search:
 
TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Three teens commit murder for "the fun of it"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Leon



Joined: 31 May 2010

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ghostrider wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if Michael Dewayne Jones has African American ancestry. Zimmerman was a white hispanic according to the media so why can't Jones be a white black?


Like I said, we will see, but Zimmerman looked like a mix between white and Hispanic, but based on the one picture, the kids really white. It's possible he's not, but to assume otherwise based on that picture is trying to make it fit a narritive.

Also, you do realize that there really are white Hispanics, because Hispanic denotes a language category rather than a racial one, right?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jvalmer



Joined: 06 Jun 2003

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leon wrote:
ghostrider wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if Michael Dewayne Jones has African American ancestry. Zimmerman was a white hispanic according to the media so why can't Jones be a white black?

Like I said, we will see, but Zimmerman looked like a mix between white and Hispanic, but based on the one picture, the kids really white. It's possible he's not, but to assume otherwise based on that picture is trying to make it fit a narritive.

Also, you do realize that there really are white Hispanics, because Hispanic denotes a language category rather than a racial one, right?

Like Cameron Diaz and Martin Sheen.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Swampfox10mm



Joined: 24 Mar 2011

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obama is as much a white black as Zimmerman is a white hispanic (or latino).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
catman



Joined: 18 Jul 2004

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some calls for a boycott already.

Quote:
The indiscriminate shooting of Christopher Lane, a 23-year-old Australian who was living his dream of studying in the United States on a baseball scholarship, has repulsed many in his home country and led to calls for Australian tourists to boycott the United States.

"It is another example of murder mayhem on Main Street," former Australian deputy Prime Minister Tim Fischer told CNN's Piers Morgan.

"People thinking of going to the USA for business or tourist trips should think carefully about it given the statistical fact you are 15 times more likely to be shot dead in the USA than in Australia per capita per million people."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ghostrider



Joined: 27 Jun 2011

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The author Malcolm Gladwell is half black but is quite pale:

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/entertainment/2013/08/malcolm-gladwell-defends-disputed-10000-hours-rule/68624/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Leon



Joined: 31 May 2010

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ghostrider wrote:
The author Malcolm Gladwell is half black but is quite pale:

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/entertainment/2013/08/malcolm-gladwell-defends-disputed-10000-hours-rule/68624/


How is this related to the case? Until we know, isn't it much more likely that the boy who looks white is white, rather than the relatively rare mixed race person who looks white. Also, if they hate whitey why are they hanging out with this, at least half, white kid.

Here's what the police say,

"The police affidavit lists Edwards and Chancey as black, and Jones as white."
http://www.kmov.com/news/national/Time-to-start-taken-lifes-New-details-released-in-bored-killing-of-college-baseball-player-220690961.html


Last edited by Leon on Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Titus



Joined: 19 May 2012

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blacks beat WW2 vet to death in Spokane.

http://www.khq.com/story/23225525/88-year-old-man-assaulted-at-eagles-ice-arena-has-died
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fox



Joined: 04 Mar 2009

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leon wrote:

How is this related to the case? Until we know, isn't it much more likely that the boy who looks white is white, rather than the relatively rare mixed race person who looks white. Also, if they hate whitey why are they hanging out with this, at least half, white kid.


My fully white brother hangs out with black people who profess to hate whites. Are you seriously going to take the, "Hey, some of my best friends are black," defense and invert it here?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Titus



Joined: 19 May 2012

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Three blacks shoot white dead in Memphis:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/08/22/another-senseless-murder-youre-not-hearing-about-and-some-in-the-family-wonder-if-it-could-be-a-trayvon-martin-revenge-murder/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fox



Joined: 04 Mar 2009

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankly, I don't care if this was "racially" motivated or not. I don't care why the male, teenage participants of urban black culture decide to randomly kill people; the fellow would be just as dead no matter their motive, and whatever their motive happened to be, it was probably superficial anyway. Whatever reason they may profess, it's entirely secondary to their internal character, which is of a sort that some minor stimulus or another can result in them murdering a stranger.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Leon



Joined: 31 May 2010

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fox wrote:
Leon wrote:

How is this related to the case? Until we know, isn't it much more likely that the boy who looks white is white, rather than the relatively rare mixed race person who looks white. Also, if they hate whitey why are they hanging out with this, at least half, white kid.


My fully white brother hangs out with black people who profess to hate whites. Are you seriously going to take the, "Hey, some of my best friends are black," defense and invert it here?


No, It might be possible. It wouldn't surprise me if that was it, but we don't really know if it was racial or not. It was more in response to the narrative that was immediately formed that it had to be about race, and where you had news outlets reporting that all three teenagers were black, and showing a picture of a random black dude instead of the white guy it really was. See below for that

http://www.mediaite.com/online/fox-and-friends-daily-caller-falsely-report-3-black-teens-arrested-in-chris-lane-murder/

And you see it also on this thread where you have someone who is clearly white, and the police have come out and confirmed they were white, but people are trying to make a case that the guy is probably half black and linking to picture of pale half black people.

I mean they came out and said they did it because they were bored, it's not like they have any shame or are lying to make themselves look better. I think if it was because they hated whitey, they wouldn't really have a problem coming out and saying that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Titus



Joined: 19 May 2012

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The black who shot that Australian to death was posting racist and violent stuff about whites on Twitter:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/08/22/teen-charged-in-thrill-kill-australian-college-student-in-oklahoma-has-racist/

Young black men responsible for 50% of all murders in USA:

http://ideas.time.com/2013/08/22/viewpoint-dont-ignore-race-in-christopher-lanes-murder/

Trials underway for a black that shot a white baby in the face and another black who murdered via torture a white boy with a B L O W T O R C H.

http://topconservativenews.com/2013/08/media-blackout-as-trial-begins-for-alleged-baby-killer/

White guy in Oakland beaten senseless by blacks for no reason:

http://www.sfgate.com/crime/article/Oakland-man-says-city-worker-assaulted-him-4744805.php#photo-5065015

Marginal mainline conservatives discovering the Knoxville rape/murders:

http://topconservativenews.com/2013/08/glenn-beck-gives-knoxville-horror-the-first-serious-national-publicity-it-has-ever-received

4 blacks beat a white guy nearly to death in St Paul:

http://www.twincities.com/crime/ci_23829526/st-paul-man-19-charged-east-side-beating

Between 15-20 black males attacked a random group of white men and women in Dartmouth (Nova Scotia, Canada) and brutally beat them.

http://topconservativenews.com/2013/08/hate-crime-mob-attacks-come-to-dartmouth-nova-scotia

Black shoots and kills a white guy for no reason in Pitt:

http://www.wtae.com/news/local/allegheny/pittsburgh-man-killed-in-shooting/-/10927008/21318934/-/125p5vb/-/index.html

Pitt again: Two white college football players were walking home, when a black mob attacked them at random. One of the victims was beaten to death.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2013/08/06/arrests-made-in-oct-death-of-wj-football-player/

Greenville, mob of blacks randomly attack and nearly kill a white guy:

http://www.wyff4.com/news/local-news/greenville-news/victim-chief-talk-about-attack-at-Falls-Park/-/9654794/21332894/-/uxq12e/-/index.html

Little Rock: Two black thugs brutally beat and stomp a white man in front of a Taco Bell while yelling “black power.” Police say it is not a “hate crime.”

http://topconservativenews.com/2013/08/little-rock-man-brutally-beaten-by-thugs-making-racial-comments/

The black on white bus beating in Florida:

http://topconservativenews.com/2013/08/media-censored-the-race-of-the-victim-in-brutal-florida-school-bus-mob-beating

and so on.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Titus



Joined: 19 May 2012

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically, this is paradigmatic.

Derb lost his job for writing this:

http://takimag.com/article/the_talk_nonblack_version_john_derbyshire/print#axzz2ckuURdXt

A year later VDH wrote the same piece but didn't get fired:

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/354122/facing-facts-about-race-victor-davis-hanson?splash=

The internet is breaking down the MSM's ability to cover up black violence. The ideological shift is happening.

So you people can talk about the white guy who was with the two blacks as a way to deflect attention from the black who pulled the trigger. You're talking to walls now. Nobody actually cares, other than the 10% or so of ideologically retarded white people who read Gawker and Salon.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Leon



Joined: 31 May 2010

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titus wrote:
Basically, this is paradigmatic.

Derb lost his job for writing this:

http://takimag.com/article/the_talk_nonblack_version_john_derbyshire/print#axzz2ckuURdXt

A year later VDH wrote the same piece but didn't get fired:

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/354122/facing-facts-about-race-victor-davis-hanson?splash=

The internet is breaking down the MSM's ability to cover up black violence. The ideological shift is happening.

So you people can talk about the white guy who was with the two blacks as a way to deflect attention from the black who pulled the trigger. You're talking to walls now. Nobody actually cares, other than the 10% or so of ideologically retarded white people who read Gawker and Salon.


It's funny because you say you people talking about the white guy, when pretty much everyone else on the thread was trying to make it out that the person was mixed. Also, while I agree Gawker and Salon are insipid and I dislike people who read them and think like that, ideologically retarded compared to what, reactionaries? Talking to walls as compared to people advocating authoritarianism? What is the baseline here for correct ideological thinking? You figure those types of people at 10% or so, but that is still probably more than the numbers of the true, ideologically correct, reactionary.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fox



Joined: 04 Mar 2009

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
(10) Thus, while always attentive to the particular qualities of individuals, on the many occasions where you have nothing to guide you but knowledge of those mean differences, use statistical common sense:

(10a) Avoid concentrations of blacks not all known to you personally.

(10b) Stay out of heavily black neighborhoods.

(10c) If planning a trip to a beach or amusement park at some date, find out whether it is likely to be swamped with blacks on that date (neglect of that one got me the closest I have ever gotten to death by gunshot).

(10d) Do not attend events likely to draw a lot of blacks.

(10e) If you are at some public event at which the number of blacks suddenly swells, leave as quickly as possible.

(10f) Do not settle in a district or municipality run by black politicians.

(10g) Before voting for a black politician, scrutinize his/her character much more carefully than you would a white.

(10h) Do not act the Good Samaritan to blacks in apparent distress, e.g., on the highway.

(10i) If accosted by a strange black in the street, smile and say something polite but keep moving.


Overall this is actually pretty advice. 10g is the only one I'd really disagree with, simply because the character of all politicians deserves maximum scrutiny.

Then again, I'm pretty down with the proposed boycott suggested by the Australian fellow as well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


This page is maintained by the one and only Dave Sperling.
Contact Dave's ESL Cafe
Copyright © 2013 Dave Sperling. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group

TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International