Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Three teens commit murder for "the fun of it"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Titus

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fox wrote:
10g is the only one I'd really disagree with, simply because the character of all politicians deserves maximum scrutiny.

10g is the one I have issue with too.

Maybe 5 years ago (or more) two Australian tourists were murdered in a black area of Miami. They got lost and asked for directions. The suspect of that case was later arrested for shooting a white Cuban girl in the face point-blank while she sat in her car in a gentrifying area of the city. I believe it was the same gun and that's how the link was made. Long time ago. A year or two after that an Australian was killed in the Tampa metro when drunkenly stumbling around after leaving a strip club. If they didn't boycott after those, there won't be any boycott this time.
bigverne

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Maybe 5 years ago (or more) two Australian tourists were murdered in a black area of Miami

And two white British guys were shot by a black thug after drunkenly wandering into the ghetto somewhere else in Florida. I don't remember their names, but I know Trayvon's.
IPayInCash

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fox wrote:
Quote:
(10) Thus, while always attentive to the particular qualities of individuals, on the many occasions where you have nothing to guide you but knowledge of those mean differences, use statistical common sense:

(10a) Avoid concentrations of blacks not all known to you personally.

(10b) Stay out of heavily black neighborhoods.

(10c) If planning a trip to a beach or amusement park at some date, find out whether it is likely to be swamped with blacks on that date (neglect of that one got me the closest I have ever gotten to death by gunshot).

(10d) Do not attend events likely to draw a lot of blacks.

(10e) If you are at some public event at which the number of blacks suddenly swells, leave as quickly as possible.

(10f) Do not settle in a district or municipality run by black politicians.

(10g) Before voting for a black politician, scrutinize his/her character much more carefully than you would a white.

(10h) Do not act the Good Samaritan to blacks in apparent distress, e.g., on the highway.

(10i) If accosted by a strange black in the street, smile and say something polite but keep moving.

Overall this is actually pretty advice.

................................................ Shocked
Fox

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IPayInCash wrote:
Fox wrote:
Quote:
(10) Thus, while always attentive to the particular qualities of individuals, on the many occasions where you have nothing to guide you but knowledge of those mean differences, use statistical common sense:

(10a) Avoid concentrations of blacks not all known to you personally.

(10b) Stay out of heavily black neighborhoods.

(10c) If planning a trip to a beach or amusement park at some date, find out whether it is likely to be swamped with blacks on that date (neglect of that one got me the closest I have ever gotten to death by gunshot).

(10d) Do not attend events likely to draw a lot of blacks.

(10e) If you are at some public event at which the number of blacks suddenly swells, leave as quickly as possible.

(10f) Do not settle in a district or municipality run by black politicians.

(10g) Before voting for a black politician, scrutinize his/her character much more carefully than you would a white.

(10h) Do not act the Good Samaritan to blacks in apparent distress, e.g., on the highway.

(10i) If accosted by a strange black in the street, smile and say something polite but keep moving.

Overall this is actually pretty advice.

................................................ Shocked

With which point do you disagree in particular?
IPayInCash

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The part where it's a racist diatribe against Blacks.

But hey, if that's the code you live by and you want to teach your kids to stay as far away from the big bad Blacks as possible that's your choice.
Fox

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IPayInCash wrote:
The part where it's a racist diatribe against Blacks.

Acknowledging crime statistics is racist?

IPayInCash wrote:
But hey, if that's the code you live by and you want to teach your kids to stay as far away from the big bad Blacks as possible that's your choice.

As long as people like you are willing to irrationally call me a racist for acknowledging and being concerned about the massive amount of violent crime which occurs in heavily black areas of America and the potentially lethal effect it could have on my children, I'll just stay in Asia I think.
IPayInCash

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where did I call you a racist?
Fox

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IPayInCash wrote:
Where did I call you a racist?

If agreeing that a "racist diatribe against blacks" is sound advice does not make one a racist, what exactly does? I'm saying this man is, in the general advice he is giving here, correct, and even wise. Crime statistics are what they are, and teaching your child how to avoid situations in which they could be randomly killed (without a motive, the police will say; they'll be really puzzled when my kid gets shot in the head by a couple black kids who were posting hate rants on the Internet a few days earlier) is compassionate, good parenting. If you want to call such advice a "racist diatribe," and pretend crime statistics don't exist, well, that just makes you a commonplace American.

This little essay was hedged with as much admonition to respect individuality as possible; he warned repeatedly that general trends do not apply to individuals. If that isn't enough, then nothing is, and nothing ever will be.
IPayInCash

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im still waiting to see where called you a racist.
Fox

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IPayInCash wrote:
Im still waiting to see where called you a racist.

I'm still waiting for you to explain how a person who openly and sincerely agrees with what you called a racist diatribe against blacks could possibly not himself be racist in your mind.

If you wish to say, right now, that you don't consider me racist, then say it. Know that by saying it, though, you're also admitting that my belief that the above is good advice is also not racist which in turn means it can't possibly be a "racist diatribe against blacks." Do you have the balls to just openly lay a position here? Am I a racist or not, IPayInCash?
IPayInCash

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you dont have any proof that I called you a racist?

Bold font serious business.
Fox

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do have proof, which I just articulated. If you think I've misunderstood you, clarify. Do you really not have the balls to simply answer a yes or no question? Are you accusing me of racism, yes or no? It's a simple question, isn't it?

Ah, who am I kidding. Race anxiety pants wetters never have the nerve for a simple, frank conversation. If you grow enough of a spine to answer a simple yes or no question, let me know.
IPayInCash

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll answer your question after you show me where I called you a racist. Until you do so I have no other choice but to continue to repeat myself like a broken record. Again, where did I call you a racist? Maybe you have a link, or a screen shot you can post? I'm getting nothing over here.
Fox

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fox wrote:

I'm still waiting for you to explain how a person who openly and sincerely agrees with what you called a racist diatribe against blacks could possibly not himself be racist in your mind.

Any college educated person should be able to read or understand the basic inference drawn here. If that inference is wrong, and you didn't mean to accuse me of racism when you said this, then tell me it's wrong. If you refuse to tell me it's wrong, then you can't possibly complain that I'm not giving you the evidence you seek.
IPayInCash

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you can't prove I called you a racist. Just admit it and move on with your life.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: