Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem with PC bought on GMarket

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SeoulMan6

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:26 am    Post subject: Problem with PC bought on GMarket Reply with quote

I heard that GMarket was ok for PCs. Was I stupid?

Anyway, I bought a PC through there and it just arrived. When I took it out of the box I heard something banging around inside the case and wondered what it was. I opened the case and it's the hard drive! It was not secured or connected! Is that as dumb as I think it is?

So I found a site that explains how to connect the HD and then I notice that a plastic piece where the motherboard connectors fit to the HD has broken off, so the connector won't stay in place.

I'm going to try to return the whole thing because it's got me questioning everything now, but I'm expecting a fight with the seller.

I guess my question is, was not securing the expensive HD an incredibly stupid thing for them to do? Was ordering online a big mistake by me?

Thoughts?
dazzed

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buying online isn't a bad thing but I for one would never buy one online in case something goes wrong. I like to know where I bought my computer and if there's a problem, I can go there and get if fixed.

The manufacture screwed up in not securing the HDD. They should of done better securing the heavy equipment. You should contact the company. The info should be on the site you bought it from.
Jake_Kim

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:30 am    Post subject: Re: Problem with PC bought on GMarket Reply with quote

SeoulMan6 wrote:
I heard that GMarket was ok for PCs. Was I stupid?

Anyway, I bought a PC through there and it just arrived. When I took it out of the box I heard something banging around inside the case and wondered what it was. I opened the case and it's the hard drive! It was not secured or connected! Is that as dumb as I think it is?

So I found a site that explains how to connect the HD and then I notice that a plastic piece where the motherboard connectors fit to the HD has broken off, so the connector won't stay in place.

I'm going to try to return the whole thing because it's got me questioning everything now, but I'm expecting a fight with the seller.

I guess my question is, was not securing the expensive HD an incredibly stupid thing for them to do? Was ordering online a big mistake by me?

Thoughts?

I hope you didn't confirm and finalize your purchase on Gmarket. You can return delivered goods with defect within 7 days of delivery at no cost to you and demand exchange in-kind, icon for which is provided on your purchase list.
SeoulMan6

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was expecting the seller to put up a fight but he agreed to take it back. It's just waiting for the driver to come pick it up (and then hopefully all goes well after that.)

There was supposed to be a 10,000 won fee for returning it, but I got a VIP coupon so even that was free.

Looks like I'll get out with no penalty. Whew!

Thanks for your input, guys.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: