Site Search:

TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

So two guys rob a store
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ontheway

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fox wrote:
chrisinkorea2011 wrote:

So you'd rather be killed with a knife than a gun?

I'd rather be attacked with a knife than with a gun. Being killed is by no means a foregone conclusion, and I'm more likely to survive the former than the latter.

chrisinkorea2011 wrote:
Il tell you this, a knife is just as deceptive if not more as a killing machine.

I don't know if you've just played far too much Counterstrike or something here, but the reason people use guns and not knives when they have access to guns is because guns are substantially more effective as killing tools.

chrisinkorea2011 wrote:
That being said a gun doesnt choose to kill someone, its the person who uses the weapon that enables it to become a killing machine.

I can see this is going nowhere.

It doesn't matter whether the attacker has a knife or a gun nor, in the moment, how proficient he or she may be - since I would have no time to determine this. ... The point is that as a free individual, I have the right to be armed with the weapon of my choice with which I feel proficient to defend myself from, and kill if necessary, said attacker.

If you don't want to be killed while attempting some criminal attack, don't commit the criminal attack. The victim has the right to be armed and kill the attacker to defend life, liberty and property.
Fox

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ontheway wrote:
... The point is that as a free individual, I have the right to be armed with the weapon of my choice ...

I know you feel this way, but you have thus far been unable to convincingly demonstrate that this is necessarily true, and the current state of the world means it certainly is not contingently true either, so this is more an expression of personal preference than a compelling principle.

ontheway wrote:
If you don't want to be killed while attempting some criminal attack, don't commit the criminal attack.

Well, yes, that's reasonably good advice.
nora

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.fox10tv.com/news/local/mobile-county/suspects-family-angry-at-good-samaritan

nice little story about a fellow out on bail for armed robbery committing a second armed robbery and getting shot. it's a real "feel-good" piece.
Jyang486

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nora wrote:
http://www.fox10tv.com/news/local/mobile-county/suspects-family-angry-at-good-samaritan

nice little story about a fellow out on bail for armed robbery committing a second armed robbery and getting shot. it's a real "feel-good" piece.

that family member who wished to remain anonymous should have been locked up for stupidity.
Died By Bear

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's terrible. I really feel for the families. Just think if your father was a criminal, how would you feel if he was killed trying to bring home some bread.

All this makes me sick. Guns are so bad...bad bad.

Everything on sale cheap now! Pmags are back down to normal prices and ammo is available everywhere again!!!
EZE

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Died By Bear wrote:
Do you really think this young man intended to kill anyone, or that his intention was to get enough money together to pay for a state mandated child support amount of cash?

Answer that question honestly - to yourself, and then let's talk some more.

Cashiers and store owners often end up dead in these situations, even when they're unarmed. An antique store owner in my hometown was shot to death during a robbery a few years ago. I've even heard of robberies where the perpetrators have gone into fast food restaurants at closing time and executed entire crews of fast food workers during the robberies.

The robbers who got shot wanted a confrontation involving guns, and they got one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: