Site Search:

TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New "game" in New Jersey called knockout
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cam83

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

El Bandito wrote:
cam83 wrote:
Interesting piece about this, I think some people seem to have reached their conclusions based on CNN reports & a bunch of YouTube video's,

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/christandpopculture/2013/11/the-knockout-game-myth-and-its-racist-roots/

A few excerpts;

"Here’s the fascinating thing about this “spreading” trend: nobody seems to have any evidence that it’s spreading, or that it’s new, or that it’s racially motivated, or that black youths are the ones typically responsible, or that whites are typically targeted."

"Most sources claim that it is spreading, and a number of sources claim that it is racially motivated. But how do they know? Where are they getting their data from?"

N.B. I was linked to the source from a friend, I'm not into all that religious stuff, so whilst it is only a blog, the links for it's sources seem pretty solid.

Oh, get off it, will ya?
It has been and always will be common knowledge that young black males are undisciplined and lacking in morals and severely racist when in groups. If the majority of criminal offenders and the main prison population is of a certain ethnicity, then it would seem logical that that ethnic group is predisposed to psychopathic behavior/

I'm sorry, but could you be more clear about what you are responding to... is it the fact that I called the article 'interesting'? or is there something specific within the article that you disagree with? Could you highlight a few points and explain why you think they are wrong/untrue? Thanks.
Hokie21

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cam83 wrote:
El Bandito wrote:
cam83 wrote:
Interesting piece about this, I think some people seem to have reached their conclusions based on CNN reports & a bunch of YouTube video's,

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/christandpopculture/2013/11/the-knockout-game-myth-and-its-racist-roots/

A few excerpts;

"Here’s the fascinating thing about this “spreading” trend: nobody seems to have any evidence that it’s spreading, or that it’s new, or that it’s racially motivated, or that black youths are the ones typically responsible, or that whites are typically targeted."

"Most sources claim that it is spreading, and a number of sources claim that it is racially motivated. But how do they know? Where are they getting their data from?"

N.B. I was linked to the source from a friend, I'm not into all that religious stuff, so whilst it is only a blog, the links for it's sources seem pretty solid.

Oh, get off it, will ya?
It has been and always will be common knowledge that young black males are undisciplined and lacking in morals and severely racist when in groups. If the majority of criminal offenders and the main prison population is of a certain ethnicity, then it would seem logical that that ethnic group is predisposed to psychopathic behavior/

I'm sorry, but could you be more clear about what you are responding to... is it the fact that I called the article 'interesting'? or is there something specific within the article that you disagree with? Could you highlight a few points and explain why you think they are wrong/untrue? Thanks.

My guess is that he's doesn't agree with the part which questions whether or not these attacks are racially motivated and that it's not proven that the majority of these attacks are committed by black youths.
cam83

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hokie21 wrote:
cam83 wrote:
El Bandito wrote:
cam83 wrote:

A few excerpts;

Oh, get off it, will ya?

My guess is that he's doesn't agree with the part which questions whether or not these attacks are racially motivated and that it's not proven that the majority of these attacks are committed by black youths.

You may well be correct, but his response came across as a rant rather than anything of substance so i just wanted clarification of what his opinions are based on and where he gets this information. Though it is also possible that he hasn't done any reading into the topic (or the article for that matter). Im all for debate but i think when people make sweeping generalizations, they should back it up.
Died By Bear

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mentally disabled man beaten

Recorded surveillance footage at the gas station on Telegraph Road shows Jermaine walk in and visit with the clerk who usually gives him a cigarette. Jermaine steps out of the way so the clerk can help the customer who pays for gas. You can see they never appear to speak.

The customer puts his money back in the wallet, takes one step toward the door, pivots and punches Jermaine who falls to the ground. Jermaine was kicked and stomped on while he was lying on the floor

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/24128703/mentally-disabled-man-beaten-in-unprovoked-attack-in-redford-twp

Makes me wonder how far the human mind has to be in the depths in order to feel good about oneself for beating a handicapped innocent.
Captain Corea

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of details in that vid. Hope they catch that guy.
Died By Bear

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read a post from a guy I know:

A friend of my dad's was stationed at Keflavic in Iceland in the 80's.

There was an armed robbery, it made national news. Radio announcer went on the air and explained what they did was just terrible and they should turn themselves in... so they did. Out of guilt. I have a feeling I would love to party there. People are discouraged greatly from any kind of physical anger.

He clarified later that he meant party peacefully without worrying about some idiot on steroids killing him over a girl. Very Happy
Hokie21

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe earlier this week that for the first time in their nation's history, Iceland's police officers killed a man.

Sounds like even Iceland is going downhill.
Died By Bear

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=65a_1386541809
Hokie21

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Died By Bear wrote:
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=65a_1386541809

I saw that earlier. Dude went all Ray Finkle on his face. I love it.
Hokie21

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

White guy just got charged with a hate crime for playing.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/26/knockout-game-arrest_n_4505336.html
Died By Bear

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQe8TYyvRrw

Awesome
Died By Bear

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double tap
World Traveler

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/01/08/us/nebraska-swearing-toddler/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: